Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon shipping question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon shipping question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-01, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon shipping question

OK, it's been a while since I ordered from Amazon. I've got Die Hard and The Godfather on the same order. I chose to have them sent all at once since it is well known that they usually send the items seperately anyway. Die Hard was released today, but did not ship. How long does it usually take for them to ship in situations like this? I might just give up the free shipping and cancel The Godfather, but reorder. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-11-01, 02:34 AM

Amazon doesn`t necessarly send "on hand" items separately. So it is pretty hard to tell but if you are unlucky they won`t ship the Die Hard Box until the Godfather arrives. Maybe you can click on "ship on hand items" in your Account. Then Amazon will send the Die Hard Box asap but you may have to pay for shipping.
Old 07-11-01, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A lot of times it depends on which movies are stored in which warehouse, etc. If you have 2 preorders due in on 2 different dates, and they're both going to 2 seperate warehouses, then odds are they'll send them out seperately. But I've seen them hold one preorder until the other is in if both are due to arrive at the same warehouse.

Just like if you order a pot from the kitchen store and a dvd, they'll ship seperately even if in stock since they're kept in 2 different warehouses (sometimes).

It seems their shipping can be a tad erratic. sometimes they'll ship each item in it's own box, and other times they'll hold the order until the last preorder arrives.