Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Selling through Amazon (consignment)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Selling through Amazon (consignment)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-01, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Has anyone ever sold anything through Amazon? You can click on the "I have one to sell" button on their webpage and they will let you advertise your DVD's for sale. Apparently they take .99 + 15% of the sales price and then they give you a credit for shipping (but they don't say how much).

I have a couple of OOP discs I want to sell and I think it would be worth it, but I don't really understand how it works. Does the buyer pay Amazon and Amazon pay you?
I have sold stuff through ebay and Yahoo auctions before but I do not have a way to accept credit cards, so I have to rely on checks and money orders and snail mail.

Old 07-02-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've sold a few things through amazon and it's all gone smoothly. Amazon charges the buyer's credit card and disburses the money twice a month. However in order to get the money from Amazon you have to register a checking account with them - they will only pay you via direct deposit to your checking account.
Old 07-02-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They take $1 plus 15% commission of the final sale. Kinda a rip. I think ebay is cheaper...