Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

*deal over* Overstock.com $20 off $50 for first timers / dvd delivery status

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

*deal over* Overstock.com $20 off $50 for first timers / dvd delivery status

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-01, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a feeling that we'll have the Godfather Trilogy by the time we have the Blu Bros.
Old 06-22-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Solskjaer
Well, How the Grinch stole Christmas is the cheap MGM/UA version that doesn't have as many extras as the remastered Warner edition (I think they showed the Warner cover, too). Does anyone know if this version is still even in print?
What makes you think the version they have isn't the remastered edition?
Old 06-22-01, 02:40 PM

The one that was sent to me is the MGM/UA version (The Grinch hanging out on a chimney with a small "Horton Hears a Who" bubble in the bottom right hand Corner") that only has the "Interactive Trivia Game" and the Pencil Tests. On their web site they clearly show the Warner Remastered Edition:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....&PROD_ID=20928

This edition has audio commentaries and the TNT special, plus many other bonus features. I feel slightly cheated.

[Edited by Solskjaer on 06-22-01 at 12:45 PM]
Old 06-22-01, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This edition has audio commentaries and the TNT special, plus many other bonus feature. I feel slightly cheated.
Cheated? I'd scream bloody murder. I hope they don't try that crap on the Blues Brother DVD's. Have you called CS yet to get an explanation?

By the way, is Solskjaer the only one to receive anything yet?
Old 06-22-01, 02:50 PM

Not yet. The only reason why I feel "Slightly" cheated is beacause I only ordered this one as filler. I figured the kids would get a kick out of it. The other stuff I ordered (Blues Brothers, True Lies, American History X, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Cast Away) I would probably throw a fit about if I didn't receive what I was expecting.
Old 06-22-01, 02:55 PM

Not yet. The only reason why I feel "Slightly" cheated is beacause I only ordered this one as filler. I figured the kids would get a kick out of it. The other stuff I ordered (Blues Brothers, True Lies, American History X, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Cast Away) I would probably throw a fit about if I didn't receive what I was expecting.
So the Blues Bros. you recieved was the CE version and not the best of SNL stuff?
Old 06-22-01, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally posted by robertmee

This edition has audio commentaries and the TNT special, plus many other bonus feature. I feel slightly cheated.
Cheated? I'd scream bloody murder. I hope they don't try that crap on the Blues Brother DVD's. Have you called CS yet to get an explanation?

By the way, is Solskjaer the only one to receive anything yet?
I also received the MGM version of this and still haven't received my other titles. I emailed the customer service rep listed in the CS Phone # thread, but haven't received a reply yet. If I don't have them within a week, I will dispute the charges with my credit card.

And this is the first and last time I will shop at Overstock.com.
Old 06-22-01, 03:06 PM

I have not gotten anything else (except "Grinch" - today). I just ordered this week and last. On my second order all 3 DVD have UPS tracking numbers. On my first order one has a USPS Tracking number, and the other two just have dates....

We'll wait and see.
Old 06-22-01, 03:18 PM

They just got a few new dvd's in the past few days, if anyone is interested. Here they are:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition
Cast Away
O Brother, Where Art Thou
The Shining
What Women Want
Traffic
Save the Last Dance (i dont think it's released yet)

The coupon expires today. For anyone who passed b/c of the selection, I'm sure you can find a good deal with these new discs.
Old 06-22-01, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the coupon!! I did not know about these guys.
I love shopping with no taxes

906394 Yolanda Adams - Experience $12.45 1 $12.45
906452 Lenny Kravitz - Greatest Hits $11.99 1 $11.99
906675 Michael Jackson - Thriller $11.45 1 $11.45
906823 India Arie - Acoustic Soul $11.95 1 $11.95
908194 The Net DVD $9.90 1 $9.90

Subtotal: $57.74
Order Discount: ($20.00)
Standard Shipping: $3.95
Taxes: $0.00

Total: $41.69

Old 06-22-01, 03:46 PM

Got a reply from them on their shipping times. They shipped my package on 6/19 and said it could take up to 2 weeks to recieve my item. Somehow this sounds better than the 3 week wait earlier reported in this thread. Good luck to all those that order Blues Bros.
Old 06-23-01, 02:21 PM

I still haven't received any dvds I ordered that were shipped on 6/14 and 6/15. Not only did the free shipping disappear, now they ship like last class mail also for $3.95. Impressive.
Old 06-25-01, 10:17 AM
Cool New Member

Well I talked to a CSR today that said this is all because their "warehouse" is all backed up and it would take me 3 weeks to even ship the stuff. I received my shipped notice on 6/14. She offered me $5 off my next order, and I told her to stick it as I wouldn't make the mistake of ordering from them again. I emailed them and asked them about their "Guarantee" of shipping an item within 2 business days. We'll see what happens
Old 06-25-01, 10:50 AM

Hmmm...

I got a confimration notice on the 13th indicating that my order had shipped. Their site however, simply said order "accepted" I sent an e-mail asking for tracking # and to confirm whether order had shipped. On 6/19 I got an e-mail from a CSR indicating tat my order had shipped and could take "up to 14 days from the ship date to receive it." Their site however, still just lists my order as having been "accepted," not shipped. That last post about being "backed up" leads me to believe that despite what they have told me, perhaps my order has not shipped either. This has been disappointing to say the least.
Old 06-25-01, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, they replied to my complaint by telling me that there's no tracking number for USPS. Thank you, Overstock. I emailed them again, but I know it's going nowhere. They offered me no $5 coupon, though I'd never accept one either. I do love how my credit card was charged instantly though.
Old 06-25-01, 11:11 AM

I was told the same thing about my order which is listed as being shipped on 6/14. But when I called they said that is when it went to the warehouse, and only offered a $5 coupon when I asked about their "2 day guarantee" on shipping. Terrible service, I am at least gonna request my shipping back. No way I am paying for shipping like this.
Old 06-25-01, 06:31 PM

Finally Received My Order - Sort of....

I placed my order on 06/12 and got an email on 6/13 claiming it was shipped. I got the package today, 06/25, via USPS and it was postmarked 06/20! Unfortunately, 1 of the 4 items I received was not correct. I just sent an email to them requesting the correct item express shipped ASAP and a postage paid return label so I can return the mistake. I hope it won't take another 2 weeks to receive the the correct item.
Old 06-25-01, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wait, which item wasnt' correct??? I'm betting blues brothers right?

At any rate, i'm glad i stayed away from this deal. I just didn't feel like hassling with it. Amazon is much easier to pick on.
Old 06-25-01, 08:08 PM

Well, here is my story... I just happened to take another look at this thread and thought to myself, why haven't I received mine yet or at least an email. So I get my printout from the order and go to their site to see what is up. Well, under my account it says I have no orders, yet I have the printout with an order# and my CC has been charged. Of course, they are closed at this time so now I have to call them bastids tomorrow. And BTW, one of mine was the Blues Brothers!
Old 06-25-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rider69
And BTW, one of mine was the Blues Brothers!
So you did get the Blues Brothers movie?
Old 06-25-01, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by Snowball
So you did get the Blues Brothers movie?
If you read the rest of my post, I have not received anything from them yet. No email, No DVDs. Only a charge on my CC.
Old 06-25-01, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't order a DVD but I did get the razor I ordered shipped to me in no time at all..
Old 06-26-01, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally received my order from them that i placed on the 12th of June. I used the $20.00 off coupon and received these titles:

Sleepy Hollow
Three Kings
Perfect Storm

They were slow to get here and the packaging wasn't the best and there was no invoice included with the order but other than that the disk seemed to be in good shape.

Now if i could just get my damned order from Totalactionuniverse.com that was shipped three weeks ago...
Old 06-26-01, 09:45 AM

My order was placed on the 14th, the Avia sneakers arrived the next day.

The Stuart Little DVD arrived yesterday, the 25th. The box was postmarked the 20th, so much for their 2 day shipping guarentee...

On the status page on their website, the sneakers had a UPS shipping status link, that I never needed. The DVD had no link, so I was left lingering all this time wondering were the disk was.

All in all, I'm happy with the deal.

Steve
Old 06-27-01, 08:40 AM
Cool New Member

Well I had emailed [email protected] with the following email:
"I received a notice that my order shipped on 6/14/01. It is now 6/25/01 and I have no DVDs. I talked with a customer service agent this morning who instructed me that the warehouse was behind and it would take 3 weeks from the 14th to even ship my DVDs. I would like to know what is going on. I've read your faq which states:

Overstock.com guarantees that the product will be shipped from our warehouse within two business days (most items ship the same day). Please be aware that this does not mean delivery within two business days. It means your order will be sent from our shipping facility within two business days. Overstock.com offers one low shipping charge of $3.95 to
it's customers for UPS ground or USPS 1st class but does not cover next day or 2nd day air service.

I would like to know what guarantee means to you. Guarantee means it will happen or something will be done to correct the situation or to make it right. The customer service agent offered me $5 bucks off my "NEXT" order with you. Now this is my first order and you have totally screwed it up,
and now you want to give me another $5 to get screwed again? I would like to be contacted with a better way to back up your guarantee other than to make me order again and have you violate the guarantee again."

I sent this on Monday morning. Tuesday afternoon I received the reply:
"Hi Lance,

Thanks for your interest in shopping with us.

I sincerely apologize, and understand what your saying. When originally put on the site, we were not aware that these CD's were being shipped in this fashion. I have went ahead, in addition to your $20 discount to your order, placed another $10 credit back to your account. The web site needs
to be updated with the shipping for CD's and DVD's, and I am looking into it. Again, I apologize. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please visit us again soon for great savings on name-brand products.

Thank you,

Levi
http://www.Overstock.com"

So I ended up getting $30 bucks off a $50 order and I'm happy with it, but wish I had my disks.

Lance

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.