Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Warning: 999Central no covers

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Warning: 999Central no covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-01, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a search and found that this topic is only in the DVD TALK forum. I think it's appropriate to mention this in this forum since it concerns what I thought was a good deal.

I ordered Abbott and Costello Madacy double feature Africa Screams and Jack and the Beanstalk for 4.95 shipped from 999Central.com. They recently started offering DVD's for only the 4.95 shipping costs. I bought a Godzilla flick from them before, but this time, I don't think I'll order anything else from them. I've seen this title before, and thought nothing of ordering it. Well, I got the DVD, but it came not in the original packaging, but one of those cd-rom paper sleeves. Needless to say, I was upset.

I'm going to e-mail 999Central and voice my opinion (possibly returning it), but I thought I should post a warning here first, for all the other DVD talkers who primarily visit the DVD Bargains forum like myself.

If, in the moderator's opinion, this isn't acceptable in this forum, feel free to close or move it. I figured since it concerns a bargain, There should be a warning for others.

(In the DVD Talk forum, the issue was brought up by someone who wanted to download the artwork so that he could print it out and put it in one of his own cases.)
Old 06-08-01, 05:39 PM

2 things:

1) this is probably more appropriate in the Store forum.
2) "Everything ships separately in flat packs" -- flat packs denotes that you get either a cd envelope or flat plastic shell case as opposed to regular packing. It even says on product pages "ALL PRODUCTS SHIP IN FLAT PACKS!"
Old 06-08-01, 11:26 PM

"ALL PRODUCTS SHIP IN FLAT PACKS!"

Well, now I know. But my question is, WHY?! What the heck do they do, throw away the amarays? Or do they get them directly from the manufacturer cheaper that way?
Old 06-08-01, 11:46 PM

I would assume they do it for at least the reason that it's much cheaper to ship and pack; also they might just buy spindles of these products without packaging at reduced cost.
Old 06-09-01, 12:10 AM

videoguy, if you need the cover for the Africa Screams/Beanstalk, send me an email and I'll send you the link. A couple of other people had already requested it, so I put it up on the net for a couple of days. It's 5.2 MB at 300dpi.

Let me know, I'm only going to leave it up until Monday or Tuesday.

-Matt