Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

HELP! Order never arrived! What now?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

HELP! Order never arrived! What now?

Old 06-07-01, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(I mentioned this in a current Deep Discount DVD thread, but got no bites as of yet. Figured I'd ask again...)

I pre-ordered "X-Files Season 3" from DDDVD many months ago w/ a 10% off coupon. They charged me the correct amount in early May. They claim they shipped it out 5/03/01. Now here I am a month later, and still no X-Files S3.

In between the time I ordered the set and now, I moved, so it's possible that it got hung up somewhere in the USPS re-direct service, but even with that factor, and DDDVD's slow shipping method, is it realistic to think that it's still on it's way?

I spoke to a DDDVD CSR, and he said that if I don't get it, I could order another one for the original low price (around $64.00, IIRC). Okay, but I'm still out the original $64.00, so in a sense, I'd be paying around $128.00 for this set. I don't want to do that, so I'm wondering what to do now.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

JiM T
Old 06-07-01, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess your only option would be to dispute the charge with your credit card company, and wait to see if it will show up. If Deep Discount will not send a replacement it leaves you with very few other options.
Old 06-07-01, 09:02 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree 100 % with Lasermovies. You need to start the dispute NOW...or you loose your rights. What it comes down to is you did not get your product, and stick to that.
Old 06-10-01, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would call and speak to a different customer service rep. They should re-ship another order for no charge since you never received the original order.
Old 06-10-01, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had luck calling my old post office and asking about packages for me (I received a Ch package I though lost). I'd give it a try.

Also, consider stopping by your old address, maybe the folks living there received it and decided to keep it. Something like this happenned to me when my neigbors in Boston received a package that was misdelivered, it sat on their table for two months until I asked for it. They were rude, but most folks are rather polite but not very aware of "No Longer at this Address" features of USPS.

As I've mentioned in the past, I tip my USPS delivery person well at xmastime. When I move, I drop a small note and a small gift in the box saying I'm moving. I often get remarkable results from this in terms of forwarded mail. Your delivery folks can make your life good or make it hell, treat them well. Small gifts go a long way...

-Beebs
Old 06-10-01, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had a problem with them and they reshipped mine with no problem. They had to place a new order and charge me for it. Then they credited back the amount. Maybe that's what they meant.
Old 06-12-01, 02:42 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice! I recieved a personal email from DDDVD as a direct result of this thread, and was told they'd resend the X-Files set 3 at no charge. I don't have confirmation on this yet, but I'm confident they'll come through.

Thanks again...

JiM T

[Edited by JiM T on 06-12-01 at 12:46 AM]