Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

twec.com Still Cancelling Orders

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

twec.com Still Cancelling Orders

Old 05-21-01, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My twec.com order got cancelled since I used a coupon more than once.

What got me upset was not the cancellation, but that twec didn't even have the decency to inform me of the cancellation. I discovered the problem this past weekend when I went to their web site "order status" page to see if my titles which street this week have been shipped. On the page, it just read "Cancelled. Contact Customer Service."

I have written the president of the parent company and explained that I understood why they would not want to honor coupons more than once. However, I added that they should not expect customers such as myself to re-order from them with their usual 15% discount, lower than most e-tailers and retail stores.

Trying to be positive, I suggested that they reconsider their DVD pricing strategy.

Anyone else have these kinds of problems with twec?
Old 05-21-01, 02:23 PM
Cool New Member

Let me get this straight. You attempted to rip them off (by using a coupon more than once)....and now you're angry because they didn't notify you that they had cancelled your order, after discovering you had attempted to rip them off...but, you're not angry that they cancelled your order? That was soooooooo nice of you! I'm sure the company is just thrilled to death that you haven't judged them too harshly and can't wait to have more of your business. Give me a break and go boo-hoo to someone who cares!!
Old 05-21-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In defense of the thread initiator is it so wrong to use a coupon twice. If the site allows you to. I personally see no problems with it. If anything their web programmers need to implement coding in their ordering engine that will not allow a coupon to be redeemed more than once per customer.

If they cancel an order in my opionon they should email the buyer and explain the reason for this. That's only common courtesy as well as good customer service practices in my mind. How hard is it to send an email. Regardless if they were able to circumvent the rules. If anything they should of emailed the buyer stating that coupons can only be redeemed once and that they apologize that their site allows a buyer to inadvertently use a coupon more than once. But that they are aware of this and that they are working to take care of this so that there aren't any future misunderstandings.
Old 05-21-01, 05:26 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong to take advantage of using the coupon more than once. If the system accepts, it's not the customer's fault. Or, they have to spend more money to redesign the software, or just honor it.
Old 05-22-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never tempted fate by entering multiple coupon codes but that's because I've started to like TWEC less and less. I've used them a lot for non-mainstream orders (i.e. anime and some obscure Anchor Bay releases) and gotten lucky on my occasional mainstream order and some most of the rest. However 3 items from my last order were eventually cancelled after that bizarre 30 day period lapsed.

Now where does that leave me? Generally busy with work and now dealing with a purchase I thought I had made a month+ ago and thought complete and marked off. Now I'm left to either "contact" customer service by email and receive another one of those stupid form letters in reply or a 2 line 'too bad' message. Or I could call them and I have yet to readily find a toll-free number on their website.

I've stopped shopping at TWEC and I would say to the original poster, take this as your opportunity to go elsewhere. While I used to like getting the last cent off on each DVD I can honestly say now that the time to find that $2 off bargain is no longer worth my time.