Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Empire

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-01, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a DVD on Monday from DVD Empire, but the DVD is scheduled for a 5/22 release date. I used a credit card and ordered after 2:00. It still hasn't shipped. I was just wondering about how long it takes for them to ship DVDs.
Old 05-16-01, 02:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
??? The street date isn't until next week and you're complaining? I mean DVDempire usually does a good job (most things shipped the Friday or Sat before, although some shipped on or a couple of days after street date). To be complaining already though don't you think that's a bit much?
Old 05-16-01, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts
I typically get shipping notifications for pre-releases from them the Friday before and virtually always get the disc by Monday (but then, I am very close to them geographically).

While they are the most consistent shipper of any of the vendors I have purchased from extensively, if you are looking to get your discs several days before release date, I suggest you try a different vendor.
Old 05-16-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nemein
??? The street date isn't until next week and you're complaining? I mean DVDempire usually does a good job (most things shipped the Friday or Sat before, although some shipped on or a couple of days after street date). To be complaining already though don't you think that's a bit much?
I'm not complaining. It's the first time I've ever ordered from there and I was just curious. I wouldn't care if they shipped it next Saturday. I was just getting a general idea of when they ship things (2 days after you order, 3 days after you order, etc.).
Old 05-16-01, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
If you order something that is in stock, it will ship that day. Unless you order past something like 4pm. They have extrememly fast turnaround. For me, I always get my disc 2 days after shipping.

They ship pre-orders on Friday, and they always arrive for me on Monday.

Old 05-16-01, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by sherm42
If you order something that is in stock, it will ship that day. Unless you order past something like 4pm. They have extrememly fast turnaround. For me, I always get my disc 2 days after shipping.

They ship pre-orders on Friday, and they always arrive for me on Monday.

Thanks sherm and JustinS for your replies! Question answered.
Old 05-16-01, 03:10 PM

if it is in stock they usually ship it same day or next, for preorders they usually ship frdai before th come out. Hiddent Fortress should ship May 18th. i have used their services for over 2 years and have had no problems what so ever.
Old 05-16-01, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Eddie Norton
I ordered a DVD on Monday from DVD Empire, but the DVD is scheduled for a 5/22 release date. I used a credit card and ordered after 2:00. It still hasn't shipped. I was just wondering about how long it takes for them to ship DVDs.
You're a senior member of this forum and yet you complain about your order which is to be released next week? Dvdempire is one of the most reliable online store I've known. They will notify you by email if your order has shipped and they ship pretty fast.

I bet this is your first time to order online.
Old 05-16-01, 03:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not complaining.
Ah I see... As people mentioned they are usually pretty good. Occasionally though I've had problems w/ them. In part it seems to depend upon what you order. Whether it is a major title or a lesser known one.
Old 05-16-01, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Maryang Palad
You're a senior member of this forum and yet you complain about your order which is to be released next week? Dvdempire is one of the most reliable online store I've known. They will notify you by email if your order has shipped and they ship pretty fast.

I bet this is your first time to order online.
You must not have read the reply I made above:
I'm not complaining. It's the first time I've ever ordered from there and I was just curious.
Old 05-16-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Preordered "Tora! Tora! Tora! SE" dvd a few weeks ago from Dvd Empire. Got a email shipping notification to Hawaii on Friday and it arrived on Monday, one day before it streets. Can't beat that even got it cheaper than buying it at my local Costco since I brought 2 copies.

Kahuna
Old 05-16-01, 06:20 PM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I needed a title delivered "next day" for Mother's Day. I'll be damned, it was there THE NEXT DAY!
Old 05-16-01, 08:42 PM

DVDEmpire is one of my top online vendor behind Amazon and above Tower.

They are very reliable and have been hassle free when I had to exchange my Leon defective disc last year.

Just hoping that they raise their customer service to Amazon's standards. Don't get me wrong, they are very good compared to other online vendors out there, but not quite as good as Amazon.

Peace!