Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount Pre-order opinions

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscount Pre-order opinions

Old 05-15-01, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is DeepDiscount for preorders..do they nirmally ship on or before the streetdate? I only ordered once from them and it took 2 weeks to ship..any opinions?
Old 05-15-01, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My limited experience with preorders has not been good. I had my first preordered title arrive about a week after it was released. Two more that are officially released today will not be shipped for three more weeks according to a recent e-mail from them. And another title that is due I have not heard anything about it shipping anytime soon. If you are concerned about receiving preorders on time I think you should consider another store.
Old 05-15-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info..Ill pay the 2 extra bucks and go with Buy
Old 05-15-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Deke Rivers
How is DeepDiscount for preorders..do they nirmally ship on or before the streetdate? I only ordered once from them and it took 2 weeks to ship..any opinions?
If you haven't already done so, you might want to read the threads on this page involving Pearl Jam and the question of whether or not DDD.com, er "sucks"
Old 05-15-01, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by Deke Rivers
Thanks for the info..Ill pay the 2 extra bucks and go with Buy
My experience is that Buy is equally iffy about pre-orders, if not more so!

If it truly matters to you when you receive it, try Amazon or DVDEmpire.
Old 05-16-01, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In my experience in 1999 and through 2000, 800.com has been good about shipping preorders. However, their prices are higher. *sigh* I haven't ordered from them in 2001 yet because of pricing.
Old 05-16-01, 07:21 AM

They're slow on pre-orders. If you really need to have the movie on (or before) the release date, use DVDEmpire.
Old 05-16-01, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ahve never gone wrong with Buy. I always get my pre-orders before the street date..the only reason I was chekcing into deepdiscount was the free shipping and Buy has gone up in price a bit..I guess you get what you pay for ..thanks for all the suggestions but Ill stick with Buy..
Old 05-16-01, 12:25 PM

Pre-orders at Buy

I specifically stopped using Buy for pre-orders because:

- 3 or 4 of them were not shipped until over a month after the release date

- Often orders that are more than a month or two old simply drop off the system without warning - even though the CS rep can still see the order in their system, it no longer exists in the separater fulfillment system and so nothing happens with it. I got tired of having to call them every couple of weeks just to make sure that the order was still there...

Old 05-16-01, 03:27 PM

I've only had two pre-orders with DeepDiscount. The first one (Empire Records arrived 3 weeks after release date. The second one (The Magnificent Seven) arrived the day before release date :-) I gave them another try and pre-ordered Close Encounters. All in stock items I've ordered from them have arrived in 3 to 5 business days.
Old 05-17-01, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

HepDude-dont know why you have had such problems with Buy. I have been buying almost exclusively from them for over 2 years..I always have gotten my dvd's early-I also have ordered music and pc products from them and have always gotten them quickly..Its weird opinions and problems vary but as far as deep discount it looks like most everyone has the same opinion
Old 05-17-01, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<small>Originally posted by Deke Rivers I always have gotten my dvd's early-I also have ordered music ... </small>
Same here. <small>I've only had one problem with Buy out of 50+ orders and they resolved it quickly.