Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

stores in washington dc

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

stores in washington dc

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-01, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to Washington DC next week. Any recommendations for a bit of DVD buying.?
I'm coming from the UK, so I really don't know where to go for DVDs.

Any help appreciated.
Old 05-09-01, 12:11 PM

Really, all you'll find here of any consequence are the big chain stores, which are mostly in the suburbs. Of these, I use BestBuy, Circuit City, Tower Records, and Border Books. Every once in a while, you can find a very good deal.
Old 05-09-01, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
BestBuy is probably the best place to go. If you are visiting DC, just hop on the Metro and take the Yellow or Blue line to the Pentagon City stop (which is just across the Potomac river in Virginia). The BestBuy is in the Pentagon Centre building which is right next to the metro station (not the big mall called Fashion Center at Pentagon City which is also adjacent to the Metro stop)
Old 05-14-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Buy in Pentagon City is the place to go if you're on a budget. They have a pretty good selection of DVDs as well as box sets. If you're downtown & willing to spend cash, there's a Borders at 14th & F street (across from the shops @ National Place), there is also a Barnes & Noble at 12th & E (same block as the ESPN Zone). Also at Pentagon City there's a Borders across from Best Buy and a Suncoast store on the Food Court Level in Pentagon City Mall.

If you go to Pentagon City, there are 2 malls. One is a Costco mall which has Best Buy & Borders (go right when you get off the Subway). The other bigger, more traditional mall has Suncoast (go left when you get off the subway). If you want a variety, either Borders is the place to go. If you're looking for Horror, Anime or Martial Arts Suncoast is the place to go, but you will pay Enjoy your trip

[Edited by SDSII on 05-15-01 at 09:46 AM]
Old 05-15-01, 03:07 AM

Thanks everybody, I'm off on Thursday. Looks like Pentagon City's the place to go.
Old 05-15-01, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pentagon city also has an Electronics Boutique that used to sell used DVDs. They also have a Suncoast. I try to avoid Sam Goody at all costs. Suncoast is pretty pricey too. Electronics Boutique is on the food court level, just past the Chevy Chase bank.
Old 05-15-01, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by chsidwel
Pentagon city also has an Electronics Boutique that used to sell used DVDs. They also have a Suncoast. I try to avoid Sam Goody at all costs. Suncoast is pretty pricey too. Electronics Boutique is on the food court level, just past the Chevy Chase bank.
Ah, Suncoast. I couldn't remember the name, I just know it reminds me of Sam Goody (store set-up & price). I'll edit my msg with the correct name.

Also, I didn't know that EB did the used DVD thing. I'll have to call them up and see if they have the CTHD offer at that store.
Old 05-15-01, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There used to be a Sam Goody as well. It was by the movie theatres. The Suncoast was right next to Johnny Rockets. Both were very close to each other.
Old 05-16-01, 09:40 AM

off topic but....

Suncoast at PCity was good at taking some Dups I had at Xmas time.

I had 6 Dups, they gave me store credit and I picked up 6 DVD's I wanted.

By the time I went to pay, they had already marked the dups with stickers and were putting them on the racks.