Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD and the Pearl Jam fiasco

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD and the Pearl Jam fiasco

Old 05-07-01, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with a csr a few minutes ago - they hope to have TB 2000 in stock by the 10th (apparently due to "supplier issues"). And another week for shipping
Old 05-08-01, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i emailed them last week and was in the same boat...

they apparently got a few today as they sent me a very cordial and apologetic email stating that they would ship me one next-day ups.

i'm actually pleased even though i'm getting my disk a week late. yay for customer service.

i'll keep my eye on these guys in the future.
Old 05-08-01, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by chess
i emailed them last week and was in the same boat...

they apparently got a few today as they sent me a very cordial and apologetic email stating that they would ship me one next-day ups.

i'm actually pleased even though i'm getting my disk a week late. yay for customer service.

i'll keep my eye on these guys in the future.
Checking my e-mail at home finally today and I got the exact same message

DeepDiscountDVD customer service
Old 05-09-01, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dr Dank, sounds to me like the problem has been sorted and you’ve been kept informed so why the need for "fiasco" in your thread title? A lot of people read this board and it doesn’t take much to spread negative opinion about an etailer, which is all well and good if they deserve it but from your message above it sounds as if their CS has been quick and responsive in addressing your concerns. We’d all like discs on the day of release but it’s not always possible and if it’s 10 days late does that really justify the use of a inflammatory word like "fiasco"?

There are enough bad stores out there deserving of criticism without picking on the good ones like DDD.
Old 05-09-01, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

jonathan.e

Quite frankly, given the history of this PJ release (originally delayed from 4/10), I felt the use of the word "fiasco" was warranted. Granted, the original delay is not DDD.com's fault

Still, the fact remains that the new release date rolled around, and I, apparently with everybody else, received no notification whatsoever that the product had been delayed yet again.

Only when I decided to become involved with DDD.com's customer service did I start getting somewhere, and on that count, the vendor's customer service has been exemplary

Note that certain other e-tailers (amazon & buy, for instance) automatically send out e-mails indicating that a product is out of stock/wasn't shipped/whatever. I hope you can forgive me for assuming that DDD.com would follow suit (this, along with 2 other discs, being my first purchase from them).

For the benefit of whoever reads this: if after reading these DeepDiscountDVD threads and you have hesitations about doing business with them, I recommend giving them a chance and deciding for yourself. Their cs is first rate, but there are a couple of weaknesses (auto notification and order tracking) which hopefully they will resolve soon

I have no problems doing further business with DDD.com

BTW, how is "fiasco" a more inflammatory word than "sucks"?

[Edited by Dr. Dank on 05-09-01 at 09:39 AM]
Old 05-11-01, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As promised, PJ arrrived yesterday

It's all good
Old 05-11-01, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ditto.

and what a terrific DVD!