Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are you getting your Amazon orders?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Are you getting your Amazon orders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-01, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't received my last 3 orders from them! They've claimed to ship them, but I never receive them. They've replaced the first 2, but I'm hesitant to ask them to replace the 3rd one because they'll probably think I'm just saying I lost them to get free replacements.

Anyone else having this problem from them? Should I just email them again or just take it as a loss? I don't want to be banned from them.
Old 05-06-01, 07:42 PM

I placed 4 orders recently with amazon and received within 3 days on all orders. They seem to be the quickest I have dealt with. Call their customer support # at 1-800-201-7575 to see if they can resolve the problem. Amazon customer support is the Best!

SAINTSFAN
Old 05-06-01, 09:42 PM

Try calling their customer service. All they can say is no, but then again they did lose your order. Maybe they dont even have on record that they replaced your last two.
Old 05-07-01, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by CrazeeDonkee
I haven't received my last 3 orders from them! They've claimed to ship them, but I never receive them. They've replaced the first 2, but I'm hesitant to ask them to replace the 3rd one because they'll probably think I'm just saying I lost them to get free replacements.

Anyone else having this problem from them? Should I just email them again or just take it as a loss? I don't want to be banned from them.
I guess the questions are -

how long have you been an amazon customer?

how many orders have you made??

Do you get the replacement orders?

is it at all possible that someone is taking the orders?

I have placed over 35 orders with amazon so if all of a sudden i was having this problem I guess they might for a bit seem sympathic with me.

call them and see if you can get this resolved.

Good Luck
Old 05-07-01, 04:10 AM

Well, I've always emailed them and they sent the first 2 orders 2nd day UPS. I'm just going to write off my 3rd order since it was a cheap DVD anyways and got it for free with a GC.

I guess my mailman hates me! I'm going to send some test packages to myself to see if I get them :-)
Old 05-08-01, 09:47 AM

Since it was UPS, simply track the package and see the status of it...I've been with Amazon since early 98 and
have ahd no problems..Even live in the "boonies" where
mailmen and UPS/etc simply leave packages in the garage...

Without seeing the tracking info, my bet is a UPS screwup
Old 05-08-01, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope!

I've been waiting on an order from 4-20. It's a long story...still waiting. Since I've placed the order I've been upgraded from ups second day air to ups next day air. I'm about to call again as they keep pushing my anticipated delivery date further and further
Old 05-08-01, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I always receive my orders in a timely manner.....have never had a lost order.
Old 05-11-01, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never had a lost package, and I am in the boonies.

UPS or USPS, always reschedule delivery because I am wait out there, but all of my orders 100+ from Amazon have always arrived.

Even when I thought they were lose, they somehow arrived even a few days later.

Do you have a mailbox. Do they drop stuff on your doorstep? Is your neighborhood safe? Sounds like theft to me.

Amazon is still top-notch even if their prices are going up and their stock is going down. CS is hard to beat.
Old 05-11-01, 01:49 PM

I lost 1 order from Amazon recently, the one shipped by US Media Mail. After waiting patiently for 4 weeks, I called and received the replacement within a few days.

In your case, however, did you check the tracking to see if they arrived? Mine said "enroute to delivery" forever. If the tracking shows the items were never delivered, you have the right to ask for replacement orders.

Old 05-11-01, 02:42 PM
WPS
Banned

i made one last week and received it yesterday..very painless order
Old 05-11-01, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the ones that do get lost in the mail. I wonder where they go when they are found?!
Old 05-11-01, 04:33 PM

Received every order I have ever placed, ranging from cds, to dvd's to dvd players, to a 43" sony big screen and also received 2 seperate orders this week.
Old 05-11-01, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered The 6th Day from Amazon as a preorder back in March. Their sit said it shipped via US Priority Mail on 3/27 but I never received it. I live in Woodbridge, NJ but when I tracked the package, it said it was delivered to Succassana, NJ. I called Amazon, and they promptly sent out a 2nd package and upgraded my shipping from standard to 2nd day at no charge. I received my replacement a few days later. Amazon is usually very glad to help fix a mistake, either by replacing a lost item or by giving Gift Certificates, etc...

I guess someone in Succassana got a free movie!!
Old 05-11-01, 06:40 PM

I live in Australia, and most of my orders from Amazon took about 12 days maximum. However, since they switched from WorldMail to Deutsche Post, this has got worse (same comments in a local newsgroup). I am still waiting for an order shipped April 14th, hope it turns up soon!
Old 05-12-01, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
In the US, received 2 today that I ordered last week. No problems here...
Old 05-12-01, 11:19 AM

i live in the netherlands, and i ordered miss congeniality with free shipping but its been 14 days now and still nothing, im gonna wait one more week before im gonna mail them.
Old 05-15-01, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by axolotls return
For the ones that do get lost in the mail. I wonder where they go when they are found?!
If you look on eBay there is an official USPS user who sells lost packages that are found on eBay! I have no idea how they have the right to do this but they do. I have seen many Dvd auctions by this USPS user as well!