Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com files chapter 11

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Express.com files chapter 11

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-01, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received this email today:

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that on March 7, 2001, Express.com Inc ("Express.com") filed a voluntary petition for protection under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, Case Number LA 01-16136-BR

Another one bites the dust...

Old 05-04-01, 04:21 PM

Really? Has anybody else heard this news? I can't even find it on news.com or express.com... this would indeed be very sad news if it is true.
Old 05-04-01, 04:25 PM

I received this email from Linkshare because I am/was an affiliate of the Express.com site.
Old 05-04-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmm... I find it strange that the date mentioned here was almost two months ago and we haven't heard anything of this (though we've certainly heard numerous rumours of them being in trouble).
Old 05-04-01, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Express.com Files for Chapter 11

Prior thread from 3/9/01 in this same forum. There is a link to a yahoo article in that thread, but the link expired.

Here is the text of the quoted article:
Express.com files Chapter 11
Written by Barbara Walker - 3/09 7:08PM EST

Entertainment e-tailer Express.com has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, said British gaming company and minority shareholder Eidos.

Founded in 1996 as DVD Express, the company officially went online in April 1997, and shortly thereafter, dropped the DVD part of its name, becoming just Express.com. Specializing in movies, video games, electronics and music, Express garnered praise from consumer tracking groups PC Data and Forrester Research, consistently ranking at the top of its class in traffic and popularity with customers. Very little else is known about the Express filing, outside of Eidos' statement confirming that the company entered liquidation on March 7. The Web site is still fully operational and is taking orders, although management was not immediately available for comment.

Eidos said its 12.6 percent stake in Express would not affect its own earnings, as it had long ago written off its $55 million investment.
Old 05-04-01, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the info, but its old news.
Old 05-05-01, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DVDealer
Hmm... I find it strange that the date mentioned here was almost two months ago and we haven't heard anything of this (though we've certainly heard numerous rumours of them being in trouble).
i don't know who "we" is, but i sure heard about it when it happened.

DJ
Old 05-05-01, 09:03 AM
Cool New Member

Say it isn't true