Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Never EVER use CameraSphere.com!!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Never EVER use CameraSphere.com!!!

Old 04-29-01, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite it not being a DVD movie salesplace, it is a Yahoo! Featured Merchant for electronics sales.

I placed an order for a Pioneer DV-F727 and after 3 weeks of hearing (and receiving) nothing, I called them up. They told me that my item was backordered (which I had specifically asked that it wasn't when I ordered) and they weren't sure when it would come in. Keep in mind that over this time my credit card has been charged the entire time. After 4 weeks, they said that my order was still unavailable so I told tehm to cancel my order. They said I should have my refund within a week. After a week and a half of no refund I called them up and this time they said that my order would take 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I called them again and they said that it would now take 2 business weeks. So as of now the 2 business weeks are over and I'm going to call them on Monday.

Anybody have any way of making sure these crooks refund my money? I mean they have a reputable web page and are listed preferably on Yahoo! but at this point I'm starting to get worried.
Old 04-29-01, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by bravesmg

Anybody have any way of making sure these crooks refund my money?
yes, dispute the charges with your CC company and let them deal with it. You should get the refund w/i a day.
Old 04-29-01, 09:06 PM
Banned

I agree. This company is horrible. I placed an order for a couple of VHS cases. It was backordered for two months. When it finally arrived, they sent CD cases by mistake. I tried numerous times to get things cleared up, but their customer service is completely incompetent. Eventually, I just gave up because the $10 lost wasn't worth the headache of trying to deal with these morons.