Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How does the B/X compare to the "real world" for DVD prices?Anybody?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How does the B/X compare to the "real world" for DVD prices?Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-01, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad will be sending me into the B/X at work to buy diapers for the birth of my upcoming new nephew(but that is not why I'm posting this!). Anyway how the B/X compare to the real world for DVD,CD prices etc?Or should I just buy my DVD/CD/Books at Waldenbooks,Barnes and Noble and Amazon (for my books).Should I still think about shopping at Wal-Mart,Target,Sam's Club,Best Buy,Circuit City.Amazon for my DVD's/CD's?

Has anyone in the miltary or a civilan who works for AAFES(like myself) ever done a "real world" comparison between the B/X and the stores not on miltary bases?Also is it true that is not sales tax on bases?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 04-29-01, 08:46 AM
Cool New Member

BX Prices

I am retired and use the BX at the Air Force Base in Tampa.
Also use the Navy PX at Orlando. Have compared their prices on DVDs to online stores, Sam's and Costco. All of them beat the military prices. Actually, the military prices aren't that good on most items (except you save the tax) - we buy very little. Liquor is somewhat cheapter and some clothing. Most electronics are cheaper on the outside. Once in a while we do shop at the Commissary - some of the prices are cheaper but hardly worth the drive to Tampa from Winter Haven (60 miles one way).
Old 04-30-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my experience with the Navy, Army and Air Force Exchange, they are most competitive with book prices. Horrible prices for cd's and dvd's. You're better off almost anywhere else either on-line or B&M.
Old 04-30-01, 06:36 PM

All CD's are currently $11.95 at my BX, at Fort Gordon, but I can not speak for others. As for DVD's it is hit and miss, some are great, other are not so great.