Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Whatshotnow.com charges me for a DEC. order

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Whatshotnow.com charges me for a DEC. order

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-01, 09:43 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw on my credit card statement a charge for about $68. I haven't ordered anything from Whatshotnow.com since last year. When I called customer service, I was told that I ordered and received a playstation system, but they forgot to charge my card. I ordered quite a lot from them around Christmas time and I had several charges in December, but I cannot tell if they charged my card or not for that specific item.

So. . . can they charge me 5 months after the fact? Isn't there a time limit on when they can charge me? This is very upsetting!

[Edited by mikesu on 04-26-01 at 07:47 PM]
Old 04-26-01, 10:19 PM
Banned

Not so fast. . . whathotnow.com

Good news for you. There is a statute of limitations which limits the time a merchant has to charge for items already shipped. It's 60 days (for Visa, anyway) So if you used a Visa card, a merchant would have 60 days from the time of delivery to charge your card. If they go beyond that. . . well, too bad for them.

All you have to do is dispute the charge and I'm sure the charges will be credited back to your account without even much thought.

Old 04-26-01, 10:23 PM
Cool New Member

I called whatshotnow

I called my credit card company and asked them about this charge. They also told me about a 60 day statute of limitations for merchants to charge. So I called back Whatshotnow.com and asked them if they would just credit my account so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of disputing the charge. They said, "Nope, go ahead and dispute it." So I guess that's what I will have to do.

For those of you who have purchased things from whatshotnow.com in the past, please watch your credit card statements carefully for these phantom charges showing up months later.

Old 04-27-01, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whatshotnow is one of the worst run business I have ever experienced. Their shipping and selling practices are a joke, as well as their customer service. Not to mention they still owe me an Austin Powers poster from well over a year and a half ago

J