Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Looking for feedback on TheMovieSource

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Looking for feedback on TheMovieSource

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-01, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed that they are starting to have some very competitive prices and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I'm looking at Big which they now list at 43% off, a pretty good deal, even with shipping from Canada.
Old 04-26-01, 01:28 PM
Cool New Member

I placed a order with them in March, delivered without problems.
Old 04-26-01, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I have ordered from them many times without a problem. Once the price of a DVD had gone up $5 and they called me ( in Indiana from Canada) to tell me that I will not have a price increase. I also ordered The Mummy UE from them. Of course the movie tickets are only good in Canada. I did not email them about this but they emailed me. I now have a $10 coupon for my next order. Classy, I think. Yes, I will be ordering from them again. The prices are competitive and the shiping reasonable. I check this total against other etailers on DVDPriceSearch before ordering.
Old 04-26-01, 07:56 PM

I ordered Spartacus Criterion DVD and received on street date. It was a great price plus I got free shipping. That's a first for me.
Old 04-27-01, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ordered from them twice now - good prices, quick efficient customer service and I got Charlie’s Angels for $1.99!
Old 04-27-01, 10:38 AM

One order, one credit card overcharge, and I had to dispute the charge(which was resolved in my favor). To be fair they did ship it quickly.
Old 04-29-01, 05:25 AM

Thanks to all for the feedback, looks like they'll be getting some of my business.
Old 05-06-01, 09:39 AM

That's awesome. I was looking for confirmation that their $1.99 preorder offer actually is legit. I'll definitely be shopping there, then. Plus, they have a $5 off coupon for new customers.

For those who don't know, every now and then they have two DVDs for preorder with the special offer that 50 of the people who preorder it (chosen at random I believe) can buy the DVD for only $1.99.
Old 05-06-01, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thought I'd just chime in that I bought a DVD from them last week and they had it to my house within three days. Needless to say, I was impressed. Great prices too!
Old 05-10-01, 04:45 PM

I have only ordered from them once. I ordered the 7th voyage of sinbad for 10.99 (including shipping) in April. The cheap price is the only reason I decided to give them a try. I received a box from them about 4 days later with a copy of the movie on VHS!!! I returned it to them almost 2 weeks ago and still have not heard anything from them. I called them today at their 877 # and I received a message that their box is full. I emailed them. I'll see what happenes
Old 05-10-01, 10:58 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Dead By Dawn
I have only ordered from them once. I ordered the 7th voyage of sinbad for 10.99 (including shipping) in April. The cheap price is the only reason I decided to give them a try. I received a box from them about 4 days later with a copy of the movie on VHS!!! I returned it to them almost 2 weeks ago and still have not heard anything from them. I called them today at their 877 # and I received a message that their box is full. I emailed them. I'll see what happenes
We mistakenly had the VHS UPC code in the DVD slot...its been corrected...

Sorry about the confusion. We'll credit the return postage back to you...I believe we already have your DVD...please eMail [email protected] for an update.
Old 05-13-01, 09:34 PM

I'm extremely satisfied w/ MovieSource and would definitely recommend them to anyone. They're the only site I know of that has live support online. I was connected with someone within a few minutes and she answered my question quickly. Shipping was also quick, even though the item I bought (X-Files Season 1) was backordered and not scheduled to be in for 1-3 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised.

Plus, we've got mdmckelvie (as seen above) regularly addressing complaints on this message board. I'll be buying from them again for sure.
Old 05-14-01, 09:23 PM

Isn't DVDTalk GREAT!!

I was about to order some DVD's (need to feed my addiction) and noticed MovieSource had some of the cheapest prices. But, before I order from a new source, I like to learn about them....what did I do? I came here....and found some good responses and even saw one by someone at the company.

They just got some business from me
Old 06-11-01, 06:14 AM

Let me add a post that is a bit different than many of the wonderful moviesource comments in this thread. Perhaps my situation is not the norm, but here it is:

I ordered "Big", which had a re-release date of 6/5. That date came and went with nothing shipped. As of this date, the site still shows the movie on backorder. Ok, fine. So, I contact them by e-mail twice and connect with a net rep online twice and in each case I ask them to cancel the order. Guess what? The order has not been cancelled.

And of course the net reps are of no help at all. I ask them a specific question about the status of "Big" and all they can tell me is what I already see on my order status page.

As I said earlier, perhaps this is a rarity and I'm the unlucky one, but I have no plans to order again from a site that won't respond to my numerous cancellation requests. In fact, one of the net reps said she would check with the Toronto warehouse and e-mail me the next day with her findings. Guess what e-mail I never received?
Old 06-13-01, 08:43 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by John-In-VA
...I ordered "Big", which had a re-release date of 6/5. That date came and went with nothing shipped. As of this date, the site still shows the movie on backorder. Ok, fine. So, I contact them by e-mail twice and connect with a net rep online twice and in each case I ask them to cancel the order. Guess what? The order has not been cancelled.

I understand from Corey that all have been resloved, but I haven't heard back from you - did you receive your movie OK?
Old 06-14-01, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by mdmckelvie

[/B]
I understand from Corey that all have been resloved, but I haven't heard back from you - did you receive your movie OK? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I did receive it. Apparently the movie was shipped out on 6/7 but due to problems with the site, it wasn't showing that. I finally talked to a net rep who gave me the correct info about when it was shipped and sure enough my wife called me at work later that day and told me we received it in the mail. Perhaps I will shop at moviesource again.......we shall see.