Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

ever NOT get something from half.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

ever NOT get something from half.com?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-01, 04:45 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it difficult to get a refund & how long's it take?
Old 04-14-01, 10:18 PM

I did have one item not show up after a month. Half.com sends an email after 4 weeks asking if you got the item. I had actually forgotten about it.
The procedure is pretty simple. They have a short form to fill out online. They then try to track it down with the seller. If that fails they will credit you account. Took about 2-3 weeks for me.

There are some limitations; I think they insure only up to $50 or $100 (not sure which) worth of problem items. That sounds good but that is a lifetime total. Once you exceed that amount there is no more coverage for future problems.
Old 04-15-01, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by photo_guy
I did have one item not show up after a month. Half.com sends an email after 4 weeks asking if you got the item. I had actually forgotten about it.
The procedure is pretty simple. They have a short form to fill out online. They then try to track it down with the seller. If that fails they will credit you account. Took about 2-3 weeks for me.

There are some limitations; I think they insure only up to $50 or $100 (not sure which) worth of problem items. That sounds good but that is a lifetime total. Once you exceed that amount there is no more coverage for future problems.

Huh. Half.com has never sent me an email like this...lucky for me I've gotten everything I've ordered from them...
Old 04-15-01, 09:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Foole
Huh. Half.com has never sent me an email like this...lucky for me I've gotten everything I've ordered from them...
Did you ever have to wait more than 4 weeks to get your item? I'm guessing they check to see if you have left a feedback for the seller before they send out that email. It is also possible they only send the email from "problem" sellers' customers. In my case, the seller had a good feedback rating when I placed the order but there were a slew of complaints posted to him just after I ordered.
Old 04-15-01, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, and it took about two and a half weeks to get my refund.
Old 04-18-01, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I believe they have a lifetime maximum of a $50 refund.