Old 06-21-19, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 2019 MLB June thread

Big comeback win for the A's last night vs Tampa
Old 06-21-19, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
Tampa may become a two city team(according to the ESPN website). Play most games in Montreal while starting the season in Florida(when new stadiums become available).

That's stupid.

I have said before that they should merge with Miami Marlins and split the home games either that or move to New Jersey(far enough away from Yankee Stadium so it wouldn't interfere with the Yankees).

I doubt if MLB would expand if they start moving team(s).
Maybe they should stay in Montreal and change their name to the Expos

Old 06-21-19, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Orioles want the Nationals to get their own cable channel and leave MASN to the loser Orioles.
No, they certainly do not want that.
Old 06-21-19, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Vegas is such a weird market. Dodgers /Angels/Dbacks/Padres also consider LV in their territory.
MLB's general territory rules doesn't help matters.
Old 06-21-19, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
No, they certainly do not want that.
That's what I have read over at Orioles Hangout.

Orioles do not want to share MASN with the Nationals(even though there is MASN 2).

There is a thread located at Orioles Talk(MASN Dispute) located at Orioles Hangout.
Old 06-21-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Maybe they should stay in Montreal and change their name to the Expos
What I have read is that it will be next too impossible for the Rays to get out of their lease agreement with Tropicana Field until 2027.

However,I do recall the Rays playing home games elsewhere in Florida many years ago(maybe this was before the latest lease agreement).

The cost of a domed stadium would be cost prohibitive for a new Montreal team unless they play on the road to start the season or play neutral site games(rather than Tampa).

Montreal having a Triple A team in the PCL and play a few home games their makes more sense than Tampa.

It looks like MLB wants to get out of Tampa but is clueless how too do it(especially with the lease agreement).

Surprisingly there is no talk of the Miami Marlins moving despite playing in a new stadium and they are near the bottom in home attendance almost every year.
Old 06-21-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk God

That's what I have read over at Orioles Hangout.

Orioles do not want to share MASN with the Nationals(even though there is MASN 2).

There is a thread located at Orioles Talk(MASN Dispute) located at Orioles Hangout.
You couldn't be more wrong. Use some common sense. If the O's didn't want the Nats on MASN, then why in the hell are they knee-deep in a lawsuit with the Nats? They specifically set up MASN to capture a portion of the Nats TV rghts revenue as part of the agreement to allow them into the market. There is zero reason for them to give that up. Furthermore, if the Nats were to leave MASN, 1) it makes MASN far less valuable and 2) it's far less reason for providers south of Maryland to carry MASN.
Old 06-21-19, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MASN dispute update-dated Apr 9th source-Orioles Hangout

Thread starter states the Orioles didn't pay the Nats last year(according to Hollywood Reporter story) link is in the thread opener

If it's true the Orioles didn't pay the Nats then why would they want to share MASN with the Nats???

I am not sure if the Nats want their own cable network .

If the Cubs love sharing most of their games with the White Sox then why would they start their own channel next year???

Same goes for the Dodgers,Lakers,etc (even though is seemingly so far hasn't worked too well because lack of subscribers).

Rumor has it the Tigers want their own channel(rather than stay with Fox Detroit or whatever new name it will be called).
Old 06-21-19, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Goddam, being a Mets fan is rough.
Old 06-21-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
Goddam, being a Mets fan is rough.
The current buzz appears to be “Mets fire old-school pitching coach, name 82-year-old replacement.”
Old 06-21-19, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post

The current buzz appears to be “Mets fire old-school pitching coach, name 82-year-old replacement.”
yep.

If the pitching coach was the problem, did DeGrom and Wheeler do so well last year in spite of him? Love the laundry, hate the owner.
Old 06-21-19, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And then there’s the GM who took on the Cano contract. I was OK trading Edwin because his value was never going to be higher, and the prospect Kelenic is looking great.
Old 06-21-19, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yelich is going to win back-to-back MVPs. I'd be going all-in this year if I were the Brewers - you are getting massive years no one in the sport expected. Now is the time to buy some pitching.
Old 06-21-19, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Interesting Caesars prop I just saw on Daily Wager:

Will the NYY or HOU or LAD win the WS:
Yes -180
No +160
Old 06-21-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Yelich is going to win back-to-back MVPs
This guy might disagree with you

Old 06-21-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Yelich is going to win back-to-back MVPs. I'd be going all-in this year if I were the Brewers - you are getting massive years no one in the sport expected. Now is the time to buy some pitching.
The speculation I’ve seen is whether they’d give up Hiura for Boyd of the Tigers, who’s having a breakout season at 28. Obviously lots of risk there, but the Tigers might not take a lesser prospect.
Old 06-22-19, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

https://www.mlb.com/video/goldy-s-foul-ball-leaves-park

Goldie hit a foul ball out of the west side of the stadium last night. We were wondering if it left the park from our vantage point in right field foul territory.

beautiful night at the ballpark last night after the storms blew through. Still can’t believe we only gave up the one run in the first.

btw - didn’t care for the Angels wearing their red caps last night. Can they not afford alternate caps in navy blue?
Old 06-22-19, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We were there last night in the Lou. The rain tried it's best to keep us away but failed. The strange alarm at the beginning of the game had us scurrying like ants but turned out to be nothing. It was great to see Pujols return and he got the applause he deserved. We got the win.
Old 06-22-19, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Angels are being good visitors by allowing the Cards to break out of their mini slump. Luckily, after they lose two or three more, there’s a nice three game winning streak coming. The race to 78-81 wins isn’t easy.
Old 06-22-19, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At the Mariners game, and it’s Turn Back the Clock to 1969 day, with the Mariners wearing Seattle Pilots jerseys. First 20k fans get Pilots caps, and I’m not sure there are 20k people in the park.

I recognize only three or four names in the Oriole lineup, and that’s because they’re journeymen like Jonathan Villar or Dwight Smith Jr because his dad was a brief sensation for the Cubs, which of course makes me feel old.
Old 06-22-19, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Interesting Caesars prop I just saw on Daily Wager:

Will the NYY or HOU or LAD win the WS:
Yes -180
No +160
Those are the three favorites to win the World Series at the moment. I think if you add up Fangraph's WS percentage odds today, those three teams have a combined 55% chance at winning the world series.

Old 06-23-19, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At the Mariners game, and it’s Turn Back the Clock to 1969 day, with the Mariners wearing Seattle Pilots jerseys. First 20k fans get Pilots caps, and I’m not sure there are 20k people in the park.

I recognize only three or four names in the Oriole lineup, and that’s because they’re journeymen like Jonathan Villar or Dwight Smith Jr because his dad was a brief sensation for the Cubs, which of course makes me feel old.
It's too bad they didn't play the Brewers(original Seattle Pilots).
Old 06-23-19, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's too bad they didn't play the Brewers(original Seattle Pilots).
That would’ve been cool, though they would’ve gotten trounced even worse. During the 8-3 loss, one of my friends said “The Pilots suck. Bring back the Mariners!”

The guy in front of me was wearing a JJ Hardy jersey so afterward I congratulated him on the win, and he congratulated me on the better W-L record.

The person behind was amazed that one of the Orioles was getting on base three-quarters of the time. I started to point out that he was looking at OPS instead of OBP, but he wasn’t really paying attention so I dropped it.
Old 06-23-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That would’ve been cool, though they would’ve gotten trounced even worse. During the 8-3 loss, one of my friends said “The Pilots suck. Bring back the Mariners!”

The guy in front of me was wearing a JJ Hardy jersey so afterward I congratulated him on the win, and he congratulated me on the better W-L record.

The person behind was amazed that one of the Orioles was getting on base three-quarters of the time. I started to point out that he was looking at OPS instead of OBP, but he wasn’t really paying attention so I dropped it.
Is Diego Segui still around? I think he was the only player to play for both the Pilots and Mariners.

Some of the Orioles players had the 1969 Orioles retro jersey made for Jim Palmer and he wore it during the Orioles telecast yesterday.
Old 06-23-19, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bad News for the Mariners. They have purchased the contract of RP Mike Wright(ex-Oriole) from Tacoma.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.