Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

Old 08-12-19, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

That was supposed to be heel turn by Sasha and the Canadian crowd treated her like a face and shitted all over Natties shitty acting
Old 08-12-19, 09:46 PM

It’s fucking sad that thanks to Martha Hart, Owen has basically disappeared from WWE history. They couldn’t show him tonight on Raw when the the highlight package of former KOTR winners were shown
Old 08-12-19, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Botch is back!!!
Old 08-13-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I said previously how big of a Rollins fan I am but for the life of me I can't figure out why they did a WM reset so soon. Rollins was supposed to have his crowning moment there but now 4 months later they're doing it again? I was thinking there was going to be a heel turn for him last night to give the past months storytelling some meaning but then Styles comes out and I see we're going to get more of Face Rollins. Oh well.
Old 08-13-19, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Itís fucking sad that thanks to Martha Hart, Owen has basically disappeared from WWE history. They couldnít show him tonight on Raw when the the highlight package of former KOTR winners were shown
I always wondered with the bad blood between her and WWE how they were able to release that Blu-ray/DVD retrospective set of him a few years back. Considering that sheís basically said that she wonít ever allow them to profit off of Owen. At the end of the day I know itís their footage, but it surprises me that there wasnít backlash from that (at least that I know of).
Old 08-13-19, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Firefly Funhouse playsets sold out.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-a...-high-on-ebay/
Old 08-13-19, 03:28 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't believe you guys never talk about NXT it is so much better than the main roster.

Was at Takeover Toronto and it was awesome. Not as good as Takeover NY last year that I also attended but NXT is still fantastic. And that main event was sick live.
Old 08-13-19, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Can't believe you guys never talk about NXT it is so much better than the main roster.

Was at Takeover Toronto and it was awesome. Not as good as Takeover NY last year that I also attended but NXT is still fantastic. And that main event was sick live.
The same reason no one talks about minor league baseball in the baseball thread.
Old 08-13-19, 04:32 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
The same reason no one talks about minor league baseball in the baseball thread.
Not even close to minor leagues and I will leave it at that.
Old 08-13-19, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

*Only if who were a "Major Leaguer" ,Minor Leaguer or someone working the Indy League's was decided by the whim's of a Eccentric Billionare in his 70's. Who makes it in TNA,AEW,WWE,Japan or even get's an NXT contract and who is stuck Barnstorming the Indie's is based on subjective measures,whereas the reason someone is on the New York Yankees instead of the Yankees AAA Team is 99% based on evaluation of objective data on their on field performance. When watching a pticher in AAA and one in MLB you can see who is a minor league talent and one who is major league, watch any number of main roster matches or main roster promo's and no one is gonna be like oh yeah that Curtis Axel or Titus O'Neill is clearly one of the 50 or so best wrestlers in the world and is more talented then anyone WWE hasn't signed.
Old 08-13-19, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post

I always wondered with the bad blood between her and WWE how they were able to release that Blu-ray/DVD retrospective set of him a few years back. Considering that sheís basically said that she wonít ever allow them to profit off of Owen. At the end of the day I know itís their footage, but it surprises me that there wasnít backlash from that (at least that I know of).
There was a backlash and another lawsuit from Martha because she claimed that Vince profited once again from Owen without her authorization. That DVD was quietly discontinued and isn't available on the WWE Network. I completely understand Martha's feeling in all of these but she is killing Owen's legacy in the process too. According to Bret, Martha went her own way and took the kids away from socializing with the Hart family and anyone from the wrestling business. Bret said that he wouldn't recognize any of Owen's kids today if the show up and stand in front of him. That's fucking sad cause Bret is their uncle and he wasn't even involved with WWF when the accident occurred.
Old 08-13-19, 08:56 PM

I saw 4 names not mentioned last night as KOTR winners and those were Owen, Mabel, Billy Gunn and Wade Barrett. We know about Owen, but I wonder if not showing Mabel has to do about how that kinda was the peak of his career and then languished in lower mid card territory. Billy Gunn is now on AEW he's persona non-grata and Wade Barret seems to be on the same boat.
Old 08-13-19, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There was a backlash and another lawsuit from Martha because she claimed that Vince profited once again from Owen without her authorization. That DVD was quietly discontinued and isn't available on the WWE Network. I completely understand Martha's feeling in all of these but she is killing Owen's legacy in the process too. According to Bret, Martha went her own way and took the kids away from socializing with the Hart family and anyone from the wrestling business. Bret said that he wouldn't recognize any of Owen's kids today if the show up and stand in front of him. That's fucking sad cause Bret is their uncle and he wasn't even involved with WWF when the accident occurred.
I get why she feels the way she does to an extent. I feel like sheís gone pretty extreme though. Owen died tragically and I get that she has a right to be upset. At the same time though itís been twenty years. At a certain point a person moves on with life. I also think she must be a bit off the deep end to disassociate herself from the Hart family. Thatís honestly just a bit weird if you ask me. At that point sheís kind of shitting not only on Owenís wrestling legacy, but on his family legacy as well. I have to think Owen would be pretty saddened, especially with the way sheís handled family stuff.
Old 08-13-19, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wrestling is a work. That analogy makes zero sense.

Also, college basketball and football is wildly popular.
Old 08-14-19, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 08-14-19, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Wrestling is a work. That analogy makes zero sense.

Also, college basketball and football is wildly popular.
I stopped watching college sports along time ago because it's a big scam.

Everyone makes money except the performers(the players).
Old 08-14-19, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just a reminder of how well this promotion has been run and how steady it's growth has been over the last two years...

Old 08-14-19, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Uh-oh, Ziggles trouble. Seriously why is Vince such a douche?

https://www.bodyslam.net/2019/08/14/...dolph-ziggler/
Old 08-15-19, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Uh-oh, Ziggles trouble. Seriously why is Vince such a douche?

https://www.bodyslam.net/2019/08/14/...dolph-ziggler/
Screwing Ziggler over like that isn't going to create a great environment at WWE. It will also give AEW and the NWA (among others) more ammunition to sign guys who aren't being used properly by Vince.

This just reinforces what others have said - that you can't trust Vince. That might give top talent in other organizations pause to consider whether or not the deal Vince offers is really worth taking.
Old 08-16-19, 09:56 AM

Rumor now is that Goldberg may be facing Matt Riddle at Survivor Series. I wouldn't be surprised if Riddle gets squashed and deservedly so as he has been extremely disrespectful on social media to the legends and veterans in the business and is not a work what he's doing. Riddle has tons of upside but if he keeps it up with the stupid heat with legends he's going to got the way Lio Rush did.
Old 08-16-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B5Erik View Post
Just a reminder of how well this promotion has been run and how steady it's growth has been over the last two years...

They are still doing everything right. It's going to be very cool to see what they do with the studio wrestling tapings in Sept / Oct.
Old 08-16-19, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rumor now is that Goldberg may be facing Matt Riddle at Survivor Series. I wouldn't be surprised if Riddle gets squashed and deservedly so as he has been extremely disrespectful on social media to the legends and veterans in the business and is not a work what he's doing. Riddle has tons of upside but if he keeps it up with the stupid heat with legends he's going to got the way Lio Rush did.
Yeah, Matt has future superstar written all over him. But constantly talking legit shit about guys that still have sizable pull is a mistake. Being unliked in the locker room can kill your career instantly, regardless of talent level.
Old 08-16-19, 06:34 PM

PWinsider is reporting that WWE has made a pitch to the USA Network to put NXT on Wednesday nights starting on 10/2. Of course, that's the same night AEW premieres. And Vince and Triple H say that AEW isn't competition. If WWE pulls this off, it will come out more as a bush league petty move than trying to be competitive.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...twork.html?p=1
Old 08-16-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, I have very little interest in NXT. I can’t stand the WWE style of wrestling. I tend to overlook it with the main roster but it’s amplified with NXT.
Old 08-17-19, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Sorry, I have very little interest in NXT. I canít stand the WWE style of wrestling. I tend to overlook it with the main roster but itís amplified with NXT.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but are you saying NXT's wrestling style is the same as WWE as in RAW and Smackdown? If so thats the craziest thing I've ever heard. NXT is closer to Ring of Honor than it is RAW or Smackdown. The whole appeal of NXT is that they don't have to wrestle the WWE RAW and Smackdown style. Its night and day different.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.