Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2018

Old 09-09-18, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2018

I should have started James Connor over McCaffrey.

Olsen might be out for a while. That sucks.

Maybe Mahomes is the real deal but it looks like he was drafted in every league
Old 09-09-18, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk God

I fucked up by not playing Alex Smith over Matt Ryan. I was resigned to losing with this team due to no Bell, but fuck if I didn't make it competitive. I am down 15 in PPR vs Kupp and I have Cooks and Prater left. I need some serious help. My other 2 leagues, I crushed it, though.
Old 09-09-18, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I crushed it in 2 leagues.

But the third that I'm likely to lose pisses me off because I blew it with my own bad decisions. Left Lamar Miller in my flex instead of James Conner - 18 point difference. Had Goodwin (and his zero) in my lineup, despite strongly considering swapping in Robbie Anderson. Drafted Panthers DST but dropped them for the Lions Saturday. Only a monster Gurley game (with a quiet Amari Cooper game) will bail me out.

Last edited by brainee; 09-11-18 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-10-18, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

First time I have ever had the #1 pick. Was all set to pick Gurley, but all the websites I read on draft day said take Le’Veon Bell. I’m still sour over the Rams leaving St. Louis, so I went Bell. Thanks “experts” for forgetting to mention his contract dispute.

Good news, I pulled off a trade 45 minutes before game time ... gave up Golden Tate and Spencer Ware for James Conner and Jamison Crowder.

Still going to lose thanks to Big Ben thinking he played for Cleveland.
Old 09-10-18, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m down 16 with Robby Anderson and the Rams D to go. He has Woods to go.

I should have started Taylor over Cam and Sanders left 19 points on my bench. Graham shit the bed with 0.8 points.
Old 09-10-18, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
First time I have ever had the #1 pick. Was all set to pick Gurley, but all the websites I read on draft day said take LeíVeon Bell. Iím still sour over the Rams leaving St. Louis, so I went Bell. Thanks ďexpertsĒ for forgetting to mention his contract dispute.
I think most people thought there was no way he'd give up game day checks. I'm still not sure what's going to happen. Conner going off should scare Bell enough to come back and get his paycheck, plus it should allow them to lighten his workload, which is one of his main concerns. On the other hand, they basically ran Conner into the ground which is exactly what Bell doesn't want.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Iím down 16 with Robby Anderson and the Rams D to go. He has Woods to go.

I should have started Taylor over Cam and Sanders left 19 points on my bench. Graham shit the bed with 0.8 points.
Did you really consider benching Cam for (I assume) Tyrod, though? I mean, hindsight and all all of us should have just picked up Fitz from the wire.

Rodgers scared me yesterday. I'm still concerned it's going to be a multi-week injury, no matter what he said post game.
Old 09-10-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In the TD-only league, after spotting my opponent 14 on Thursday (damn you, Jay Ajayi) I have managed to eek out a slim 50-20 (lol) lead going into 2xMNF thanks to Tyreek Hill (18), Drew Brees (13) and Jason Tucker (11). Opponent has Goff and Zuerlein going tonight, so I'm cautiously optimistic of a win (TD=6, TD Pass=4, FG=3, XP=1).

In the DVD Talk league, I thought I was sunk with Freeman's injury (6.5) and Goodwin's goose-egg, but Tyreek Hill (41.8!) has made it competitive. I'm up 5.5 with Gurley going against Goff, Zuerlein AND Bilal Powell. Likely looking at a 7-10 point loss, but I'm happy to at least have a shot at it.
Old 09-10-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Good news, I pulled off a trade 45 minutes before game time ... gave up Golden Tate and Spencer Ware for James Conner and Jamison Crowder.
I don't like Crowder as a player, but I love having him on my team, if only because it's fun to say his name when using a fake Terminator/Schwartzenneger accent.
Old 09-10-18, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm trailing 117.14-117.16 in the free league, and I still have Golden Tate. I'm going to be pissed if he comes up with a bagel.

I have no chance of winning my other two games.

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Did you really consider benching Cam for (I assume) Tyrod, though? I mean, hindsight and all all of us should have just picked up Fitz from the wire.
Yeah, I don't see any sense in beating yourself up for starting Cam instead of Tyrod. I generally don't get crazy in week 1, though I did bench Jimmy GQ for Alex Smith because of the matchup and did get some extra points for that.

Last edited by davidh777; 09-10-18 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-10-18, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I think most people thought there was no way he'd give up game day checks. I'm still not sure what's going to happen. Conner going off should scare Bell enough to come back and get his paycheck, plus it should allow them to lighten his workload, which is one of his main concerns. On the other hand, they basically ran Conner into the ground which is exactly what Bell doesn't want.

Rodgers scared me yesterday. I'm still concerned it's going to be a multi-week injury, no matter what he said post game.
Matthew Barry suggested starting him. But it seems heís been on Taylorís jock since the beginning.
Old 09-10-18, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Matthew Barry suggested starting him. But it seems he’s been on Taylor’s jock since the beginning.
He also ranked Taylor at #12 and Cam at #4. You did the right thing.
Old 09-10-18, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk God

6 Alvin Kamara, NO RB
19 Michael Thomas, NO WR
30 Philip Rivers, LAC QB
43 Jared Goff, LAR QB
54 Jarvis Landry, Cle WR
67 Zach Ertz, Phi TE
78 Cooper Kupp, LAR WR
91 Robby Anderson, NYJ WR
102 Broncos D/ST D/ST
115 Sony Michel, NE RB
126 Baker Mayfield, Cle QB
139 Calvin Ridley, Atl WR
150 Marshawn Lynch, Oak RB
163 Chris Boswell, Pit K
So this league, holy shit. I know things can happen, but if NO continues to put up numbers like they are, I am going to destroy this league. I am 50 points ahead of the guy I am playing and I still have Goff going tonight. He only has Lions Def. Kamara and Thomas got me 88 points of my 171.46.
Old 09-11-18, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
I don't like Crowder as a player, but I love having him on my team, if only because it's fun to say his name when using a fake Terminator/Schwartzenneger accent.
I donít know much about him. He was a tack on in order to make the trade happen. Looking at last yearís stats, he wound up pretty equal to Tateís numbers. Tate has more upside and stability IMO. Basically, I needed Conner and they werenít willing to go straight up Conner for Tate or Conner for Ware.
Old 09-11-18, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

CBS analytics ... Jesus H. Christ on a kicking tee ...

With that Zuerlein field goal I went from a 99% chance of losing to a 99% chance of winning. Wow.
Old 09-11-18, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And with that I just went from a 99% chance of winning to a 99% chance of losing. F#%k you Derk Carr and Jon Gruden.
Old 09-11-18, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That pick six just won my week. Thanks Derek Carr
Old 09-11-18, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
He also ranked Taylor at #12 and Cam at #4. You did the right thing.
It seems I get Taylor as a backup every year. Lol.
Old 09-11-18, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Yeah, I crushed it in 2 leagues.

But the third that I'm likely to lose pisses me off because I blew it with my own bad decisions. Left Lamar Miller in my flex instead of James Conner - 18 point difference. Had Goodwin (and his zero) in my lineup, despite strongly considering swapping in Robbie Anderson. Drafted Panthers DST but dropped them for the Lions Saturday. Only a monster Gurley game (with a quiet Amari Cooper game) will bail me out.
20+ from Gurley and under 2 from Amari was enough. Finished as high scorer in all three leagues

I remember Cook having monster games like this before, fantasy folks getting all excited, and nothing developing out of it. Think with Chucky at the helm this year will be any different?
Old 09-11-18, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Note to self never pick up and start the Lions D.

Got 43 points from Kamara and still lost. Should have started AP over Jamal Williams

Lions D could not stop Crowell and Goff could not hit the deep ball vs the Raiders and lose 134.22 -135.16 to a guy who had three empty IDP spots.
Old 09-11-18, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Would anybody pick up the Jets D and stream them at home vs Dolphins or was that MNF game a fluke?
Old 09-11-18, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Good lord, Stafford was dreadful even before getting hurt. I agonized over picking that guy because I can't stand him. I needed 15 from him to win - got 16. Thankfully, that's a league where INTs don't count.
Old 09-11-18, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have been baptized in Loser Creek! 1-5 start to the season....
Old 09-11-18, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

League 1: Lost 101-61, helped by stellar performances from Deshaun Watson, Devonta Freeman, Kenyan Drake, Amari Cooper, Trey Burton, and the Saints defense (-3). Another team in the league started Brees, Gurley, Mixon, Tyreek Hill, Juju, and Baltimore on the way to 172 points. The good news is that I had the lowest score in the league and "win" the top waiver claim in the only league in the world where James Conner is still available (we had a Tuesday draft and I didn't think to draft him, then later in the week I couldn't just pick him up but had to submit a claim--maybe that would've gone through in a couple days but I assumed we were locked out till after week 1). Of course Leveon Bell will probably come back as soon as I get Conner, but I figure he's still more valuable than Yeldon, Ekeler, Kittle, Lindsay, Enunwa, etc.

League 2: Lost 110.16-89.80. Started Alex Smith over Jimmy G but things went downhill after that. Good games by Brown, Tate, and Mixon, but flexed Chris Hogan over Carlos Hyde, and got -4 from the Saints.

League 3: Won 135.54-117.16 using Mahomes in place of Wentz and getting production from OBJ, Tate, Dion, and Crabtree, while surviving Brees and AP.

Hmm, Yahoo is showing me a game recap in both app and web for the game I won, but not for the one I lost.

Last edited by davidh777; 09-11-18 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-12-18, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I have been baptized in Loser Creek! 1-5 start to the season....
Almost 2-4 though. Down to the last couple minutes.
Old 09-12-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm now the "proud" owner of Brandon Marshall in two leagues, dropping Rishard Matthews and DJ Moore. In two of my leagues, I had only one easily droppable slot, but in the third I could've easily dropped three. And that's the league with the only game I won.

I think I went for Enunwa first but wasn't high enough either time. The Denver running back too.

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Hmm, Yahoo is showing me a game recap in both app and web for the game I won, but not for the one I lost.
For whatever reason, Yahoo did have the recap of my losing game a day later.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.