Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 03-27-18, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

That judo hiptoss (obviously) looked good too. Though her orange eye liner made her look like she was sick or something.
Old 03-27-18, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That Cena segment, the only thing I saw last night, was brutal. What is the motivation for UT to come back? Because Cena bullied him into it? Cena comes off really bad with this whole thing. If this is the heel Cena we've all wanted to see I'd say Vince was right all along.
Old 03-27-18, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Guess I'm the lone dissenter here. I think Ronda still looks awful and awkward as hell. Her mic skills aren't great, and since she is so green her timing is off and it mainly looks like the other wrestlers are throwing themselves around.

It feels like Vince desperately wants her to be the female Lesnar or Shamrock but she doesn't have the look or presence that Lesnar or Shamrock does.

And what the hell happened to Page? It looks like she got plastic surgery on her face.
Old 03-27-18, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Go to 2:45:00 for the Nick Aldis/Tommy Dreamer NWA World Heavyweight Championship match...

Watch House of Hardcore 39 from houseofhardcore on www.twitch.tv
Old 03-27-18, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
That judo hiptoss (obviously) looked good too. Though her orange eye liner made her look like she was sick or something.
Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
Guess I'm the lone dissenter here. I think Ronda still looks awful and awkward as hell. Her mic skills aren't great, and since she is so green her timing is off and it mainly looks like the other wrestlers are throwing themselves around.

It feels like Vince desperately wants her to be the female Lesnar or Shamrock but she doesn't have the look or presence that Lesnar or Shamrock does.

And what the hell happened to Page? It looks like she got plastic surgery on her face.
With Paige, I thought it was the same problem Ronda had ... awful makeup. For Ronda, the makeup gun was set to "zombie/infected mode" but for Paige they turned the dial to "clown mode".

I'm not sold on Ronda either. To be fair, most people probably looked and sounded awkward a few weeks after starting training to be a professional wrestler. But if WWE insists on putting her in spotlight right away, everyone deserves to be called on it if things aren't good.

Even though Ronda's MMA accomplishments are much greater, Shayna Baszler in NXT has much more of the aura of a female Brock Lesnar. Though she's been in the business 3 years, working her way up through indies, Japan, and finally NXT.
Old 03-27-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to WWE Network News,the WWE Network will be adding early 1990's WCW Saturday Night Shows next week.
Old 03-27-18, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are we supposed to be rooting against Nakamura because he speaks bad English ?
Old 03-28-18, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
With Paige, I thought it was the same problem Ronda had ... awful makeup. For Ronda, the makeup gun was set to "zombie/infected mode" but for Paige they turned the dial to "clown mode".

I'm not sold on Ronda either. To be fair, most people probably looked and sounded awkward a few weeks after starting training to be a professional wrestler. But if WWE insists on putting her in spotlight right away, everyone deserves to be called on it if things aren't good.

Even though Ronda's MMA accomplishments are much greater, Shayna Baszler in NXT has much more of the aura of a female Brock Lesnar. Though she's been in the business 3 years, working her way up through indies, Japan, and finally NXT.
I'm not sold on Rousey either, especially after awkward ESPN interviews from yesterday. Ronda still not over her UFC loss, which shows that she's not mentally strong. To me, that's a red flag, because I'm thinking of how Ronda is going to react once she sent to midgard or once the reactions she gets from the fans are not the one that she expects. I can see her quitting WWE if things don't as she has planned.
Old 03-28-18, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
I'm not sold on Rousey either, especially after awkward ESPN interviews from yesterday. Ronda still not over her UFC loss, which shows that she's not mentally strong. To me, that's a red flag, because I'm thinking of how Ronda is going to react once she sent to midgard or once the reactions she gets from the fans are not the one that she expects. I can see her quitting WWE if things don't as she has planned.
Old 03-28-18, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post

Automatic spellcheck for the win!
Old 03-28-18, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you look at Rousey as a Wrestlemania-type celeb, she's miles better than that at least. I'm hoping she's around to get some WM views and then goes back down for a while to train, but that's probably not going to happen.
Old 03-28-18, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rousey has been awful. She has no sense of timing. She needs time in NXT.
Old 03-28-18, 01:12 PM

So WWE has been doing over the past 23 days 60 second recaps on Facebook of each Wrestlemania. for some reason they took down the WM 19 recap, then on the WM 20 recap they completely ignored Benoit (not that I fault them for doing this) but the odd thing is than on the WM 23 recap video they didn't show or mentioned Trump at all.

Old 03-29-18, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Blood, Piledriver, Power Bomb Banned During WrestleMania 34 Weekend In New Orleans.

The Louisiana Boxing & Wrestling Commission has issued a list of banned moves such as the use of the Piledriver and Power Bomb which are prohibited at all shows held within the state during WrestleMania 34 weekend, this includes all independent events.

Blood is also banned. As it concerns WWE and ROH, the commission considers them major league events and they will likely not be subject to all bans like some of the smaller promotions.

Wrestlers in the state are required to have a license and updated blood work as well.

These rules stems back to a 1996 accident where an independent wrestler, Aldus Bergeron was paralyzed and sued Jason Dupre (Steve Anthony) and the commission, which regulated the show, and the result was a several million dollar settlement.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...ia-34-Weekend/
Old 03-29-18, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh. I have tickets to 10 Independent Shows during Mania Week in NOLA.

I'm very curious how some of the Promotions are going to work around this, especially Progress, who are doing their first ever Stateside Chapter Shows that week

CZW will also be tame as hell.
Old 03-30-18, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WWE spared from wrestling moves ban by Louisiana commission.

WWE has been spared from the new rules set by the Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission that bans a bunch of wrestling moves but the other indie companies performing during WrestleMania weekend had no such luck.

In an e-mail to Deadspin, the commission secretary John Green Jr. outlined the moves that are banned by the commission when it comes to professional wrestling.

There will be no piledriver or any variation of it; no powerbomb or any variation of it; no moonsault, shooting star press, or 450 splash or any variation of the moves that involves wrestlers “leaping or flipping off the ropes or turnbuckles to contact the head or neck of the opponent with any part of his body”;

no stungun move or “any variation thereof which results in the one fighter’s head or neck being dragged, draped or clotheslined across the ropes”; no striking of a wrestler’s head with any object, chair, trash can lid, etc; and no wrestler shall throw, push, shove or force another out of the ring or over the top rope.

The ban on these moves, which form a significant part of a wrestling match, are pretty much ridiculous and it will be interesting to see how companies will go around it.

But WWE got the exemption because according to the Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission, they trust the competence and training of its Superstars. You would think that if WWE were subject to such a ban, WrestleMania would not have come back to the city in the first place.

Another company who lucked out and are not subject to these bans is Ring of Honor. The company will be holding a major show at the UNO Lakefront Arena on the eve of WrestleMania head-to-head with NXT Takeover: New Orleans.

http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwe/...na-commission/
Old 03-30-18, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting, so I wonder what the criteria is, if they can prove that they have the proper training and vet the talent they can get the exemption? I'm surprised ROH got it, but if they did then other promotions can as well.
Old 03-30-18, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How do you train diving head first through the ropes and onto the floor and only God know's why these guy's don't get broken necks or whatever else could happen?
Old 03-30-18, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess Sasha banks won't be stepping into Louisiana at any point that weekend. That girl could botch an autograph signing.
Old 03-30-18, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
WWE spared from wrestling moves ban by Louisiana commission.

WWE has been spared from the new rules set by the Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission that bans a bunch of wrestling moves but the other indie companies performing during WrestleMania weekend had no such luck.

In an e-mail to Deadspin, the commission secretary John Green Jr. outlined the moves that are banned by the commission when it comes to professional wrestling.

There will be no piledriver or any variation of it; no powerbomb or any variation of it; no moonsault, shooting star press, or 450 splash or any variation of the moves that involves wrestlers “leaping or flipping off the ropes or turnbuckles to contact the head or neck of the opponent with any part of his body”;

no stungun move or “any variation thereof which results in the one fighter’s head or neck being dragged, draped or clotheslined across the ropes”; no striking of a wrestler’s head with any object, chair, trash can lid, etc; and no wrestler shall throw, push, shove or force another out of the ring or over the top rope.

The ban on these moves, which form a significant part of a wrestling match, are pretty much ridiculous and it will be interesting to see how companies will go around it.

But WWE got the exemption because according to the Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling Commission, they trust the competence and training of its Superstars. You would think that if WWE were subject to such a ban, WrestleMania would not have come back to the city in the first place.

Another company who lucked out and are not subject to these bans is Ring of Honor. The company will be holding a major show at the UNO Lakefront Arena on the eve of WrestleMania head-to-head with NXT Takeover: New Orleans.

http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwe/...na-commission/
This sounds as something cooked up by WWE to fuck every other indy promoter in the area that plans to run a show that weekend. The list of ban moves basically leave the indy promotions to run matches with headlocks and matwork and that's it.
Old 03-30-18, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck the Louisiana commission and their great grandmothers. If these idiots want to break their necks in the ring, let them.
Old 03-31-18, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's hilarious that Ring of Honor gets to bypass the Louisiana Commission's bans.

Back in March of 2017, I attended Ring of Honor's 15th Anniversary Show in Las Vegas, NV. While there, I saw TK O'Ryan (of The Kingdom) break his shin on a botched Springboard Moonsault to the outside.

Old 03-31-18, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I needed a new wallpaper so I made one on PS and wanted to share it with you all:

Ultimate Warrior:

https://i.imgur.com/JdfavRA.jpg

Last edited by Sonic; 03-31-18 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-31-18, 09:58 PM

Impact Wrestling needs to make sure this imbecile is never associated with them again.

Old 04-01-18, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Impact Wrestling needs to make sure this imbecile is never associated with them again.
That was fucked up. I seen that video on WorldStar. Why would a grown ass man spit at a little girl? I can understand being heel and all but spitting at a little girl?

I hope they fired his ass. Disgusting.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.