Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2017 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 03-07-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The 2017 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post
For the WM hype machine, I can easily see Bill Goldberg being a guest on Jimmy Kimmel/Jimmy Fallon/etc. more so than I can see Kevin Owens.
That's WWE's fault. They have lots of guys who should be going to these shows like Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Owens, and other young talent. It's their fault that they put over all these part timers over the younger guys.

One of the things that was great about having 2 promotions back in the 90's was that Vince and Ted were forced to develop stars. Now, he has used the same guys for over 10 years (Cena & Orton) and relied on part timers from the Attitude era.
Old 03-07-17, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Miz's promo tonight seemed like it was bordering on shoot territory. Pretty good spot to build up to a match no one will ultimately care for .
Old 03-08-17, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to Kayfabe Memories website,Outlaw Ron Bass(age 68) has passed away. Mostly known for his run in the NWA(mid-1980s) and spent alittle time in the WWF.
Old 03-08-17, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Miz's promo tonight seemed like it was bordering on shoot territory. Pretty good spot to build up to a match no one will ultimately care for .
Talking Smack was even better. Miz is one of the best things in WWE right now.
Old 03-08-17, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Miz is awesome.

For those of you that subscribe to Meltzer's site, I just subscribed a few weeks ago during the $3.99 deal. I've yet to get a welcome email, so apparently I need that to sign up for email notifications about the newsletter?

And as for podcasts, is there anyway to get them on my iPhone without having to go through iTunes? I know that they recommend Downcast or Podcast Addict, but without those, am I SOL? I can sub using iTunes but then I have to connect to sync? If I just have my iPhone, I can't just download them? Or am I missing something?
Old 03-08-17, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

John Cena's horrible, cold, demeaning attitude towards Nikki, and anyone else in his personal life, is very evident on Total Divas and Total Bellas. He and his house rules were so bad that Daniel Bryan walked out of Total Bellas.
Old 03-08-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking View Post
I can sub using iTunes but then I have to connect to sync? If I just have my iPhone, I can't just download them? Or am I missing something?
They don't literally mean you have to download on desktop iTunes and sync. iTunes is the driver behind the system's built-in Podcasts app, so you can simply download them directly there.

Look for this guy in your apps
Old 03-08-17, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

John Cena's horrible, cold, demeaning attitude towards Nikki, and anyone else in his personal life, is very evident on Total Divas and Total Bellas. He and his house rules were so bad that Daniel Bryan walked out of Total Bellas.
You mean everyone doesnt make their GF sign a contract before she moves in?

Yeah Cena is a tool bag for sure on Total.
Old 03-08-17, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The rumored Wrestlemania card as of today:
Goldberg vs Lesnar for the Universal title
Jericho vs Owens for the US Title
HHH vs Seth Rollins
Orton vs Bray for the WWE title
Gallows and Anderson vs Shaemus and Cesaro vs Enzo and Cass
Taker vs Roman Reigns
AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
Sasha vs Bailey vs Charlotte
Big Show vs Shaq (I don't think one is happening)
Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse
Alexa Bliss vs the Smackdown women's division
Baron Corbin vs Dean Ambrose for the IC title
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Austin Aries vs Neville for the cruiserweight
Smackdown tag title match

Anything I'm missing?
Old 03-08-17, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They don't literally mean you have to download on desktop iTunes and sync. iTunes is the driver behind the system's built-in Podcasts app, so you can simply download them directly there.

Look for this guy in your apps
I subscribe to many podcasts through my phone, but for the Meltzer's paid podcasts, they won't download on my phone and I'm not given an option to put in a login and password for being a paid subscriber. The iPhone iTunes podcast option doesn't seem to work when using a link to subscribe either. Not sure how to do it...
Old 03-08-17, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, i don't know how paid podcasts work, do you just download it from his site or something?
Old 03-09-17, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can download it from his site, and it looks like certain podcast apps can allow you to download them directly on your phone, but the iTunes podcast app isn't one of them. It's a bit of a pain. I'll have to see if I can find a workaround.
Old 03-10-17, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mondays seem free

Old 03-11-17, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Finn Balor wrestled in a six-man tag last night at a house show in Buffalo:
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8144...tos-and-videos
Old 03-11-17, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The faces in that Fozzy poster Looks like most of them are straining sitting on a toilet.
Old 03-11-17, 09:41 PM

So...wrestlemania based on the current rumored card

Goldberg vs Lesnar. Lesner all day, because why goldberg's old ass?

Jericho vs Owens. Owens...because why Jericho's old ass?

HHH vs Seth Rollins. Rollins...because hHh's (my fave wrestler) old ass practically owns the company.

Orton vs Bray for the WWE title. A true shoot?!?

Gallows and Anderson vs Shaemus and Cesaro vs Enzo and Cass. Give it to Enzo n cass because they are over and because they need a big win to offset a break up in order to push Big Cass as a solo.

Taker vs Roman Reigns. Taker because it'll be his last match. But reigns will be great and almost win, putting him over for the future.

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon. It'll be the match of the night. HUGE spots that'll pop. Two dudes who know how to get over. Mcmahons putting styles over because he deserves it in a match that means nothing.

Sasha vs Bailey vs Charlotte. Bailey...or Charlotte. Vince is down on banks. Time will tell if Bailey can be the hulk hogan of the women's divisions. She's amazing by the way.

Big Show vs Shaq (I don't think one is happening). Won't happen. Bummer for the big show as he got in shape.

Cena and Nikki vs Miz and maryse. Cena, because they don't want to damage their relationship with him as he branches out.

Alexa Bliss vs the Smackdown women's division. Bliss, best thing in women's wrestling in a long while.

Baron Corbin vs Dean Ambrose for the IC title. Corbin. He's great and they love him. Ambrose's lame brand won't be damaged by a loss.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Someone...

Austin Aries vs Neville for the cruiserweight. Neville for the next year.

Smackdown tag title match. Alphas alphas alphas.

It'll be a good show and weekend, as always. c
Old 03-11-17, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, John Cena, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, HHH, Somoa Joe, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, The Mix, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky Lynch, Asuka.

I could throw darts and get a better card.
Old 03-12-17, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How many more people have to put Reigns over? I've never seen them try harder with a someone. Hell even the era or Cena/Orton/Batista/Lesner they didn't try this hard.
Old 03-12-17, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The reports are saying that Lesnar dominated Kevin Owens in 2 minutes at the MSG show this weekend. It's incredibly ridiculous and disrespectful that they do this to Owens and the rest of the locker room. Imagine if back in the day Stone Cold, The Rock, Taker and HHH dominated every new star like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Randy Orton in 2 minute squashes.
Old 03-13-17, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Greg MacGuffin View Post
Finn Balor wrestled in a six-man tag last night at a house show in Buffalo:
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8144...tos-and-videos
Interesting that it was against HHH and 2 former NXT champions. As a matter of fact there were 4 former NXT champions in the rigng.
Old 03-13-17, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

WrestleMania card, mebee:

1. Goldberg vs Lesnar for the Universal title
2. Jericho vs Owens for the US Title
3. HHH vs Seth Rollins
4. Orton vs Bray for the WWE title
5. Gallows and Anderson vs Shaemus and Cesaro vs Enzo and Cass
6. Taker vs Roman Reigns
7. AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
8. Sasha vs Bailey vs Charlotte
9. Big Show vs Shaq (I don't think one is happening)
10. Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse
11. Alexa Bliss vs the Smackdown women's division
12. Baron Corbin vs Dean Ambrose for the IC title
13. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
14. Austin Aries vs Neville for the cruiserweight
15. Smackdown tag title match
1. Lesnar *sigh*, because Goldberg *sigh* has to lose. I just hope its not only 2 minutes long. Oh who am I kidding? Of course it will be. Horrible joke of a main event. If they were smart...Goldberg or Lesnar would have an "injury" at the last minute, Finn would substitute at the last moment and he would have his "WrestleMania" moment.

2. Owens, have a feeling Jericho will probably go back to part-time status soon.

3. Rollins, HHH needs his up-commence here.

4. Bray wins. Orton doesn't need another World-Title and it would give Bray a legitimate title reign. We can hope.

5. Enzo & Cass would make sense here, but we'll see.

6. Even though I can't stand him, Roman. Why Cena & Taker wasn't done, I have no idea...

7. AJ Styles, but this will be the sleeper match of the night. Shane will bump his *BLEEP* off.

8. Bayley for now. She needs a good reign until people can be convinced that Nia Jax will make a good women's champion. BTW, they really should have made an effort to include Becky Lynch in this. For history sake, if nothing else, and Becky is starting to get stale on the blue brand.

9. It would of course be Shaq, but it's not happening.

10. Cena & Nikki because it has to be, Miz deserves a better "WrestleMania" moment.

11. Asuka. She's signed to the Smackdown women's roster at the last moment after losing to Ember Moon at NXT Takeover and there you go.

12. Corbin. I've never been a fan of Corbin, but his stock keeps rising and its the right thing to do here.

13. Dillinger. It needs to be somebody who can benefit from the Battle Royal like Corbin did. That leaves the current NXT roster and nobody on that roster deserves it more. Or Nakamura, similar to the fashion that Asuka wins the Smackdown women's belt. That's be the only other sensible option.

14. I adore Aries more than anything else on 205, but it's Neville all day until they find a plucky Gallagher underdog (but not Gallagher) to take it.

15. Alphas. At least until the one of the big three tags teams (Revival, AOP, DIY) make their debut on the blue brand.
Old 03-13-17, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What a shit looking WrestleMania card. There's a lot of talent on the roster but hardly any of them are being used well. The only matches I'm mildly interested in are Goldberg/Lesnar (although it will probably be another squash), Jericho/Owens (I like both guys even though it's pretty obvious Owens will go over), and somewhat Styles/McMahon (only because it'll be an entertaining spot fest).
Old 03-13-17, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Eric LeGrand will be presented with the Warrior Award during the Hall of Fame
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...emania-weekend

I'm sorry, but WWE is now grasping straws. The intention of this award according to Warrior was to honor those behind the scenes in WWE. While I didn't have a problem with Connor and Joan Lunden cause they were associated with WWE, this one is simply to get the company headlines. The only reasoning to giving him this award is because he's a fan of the product. That's it. Well, why don't they give it to Droz then? I feel they should have gone back to the real purpose of the award instead of what it has become.
Old 03-13-17, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
The reports are saying that Lesnar dominated Kevin Owens in 2 minutes at the MSG show this weekend. It's incredibly ridiculous and disrespectful that they do this to Owens and the rest of the locker room. Imagine if back in the day Stone Cold, The Rock, Taker and HHH dominated every new star like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Randy Orton in 2 minute squashes.
I like the rope grab followed by the rear choke. And the first 30 seconds or whatever till Brock takes over. Also, he didn't sell it too well before Owens fell on him. Way too obvious. Yeah. Freaking squash. Man. We all know Lesnar can wrestle and literally kick butt. This version of him is receptive with little suprise to him. They need to revamp him. Get him to have actual matches with some variety in there. They have force fed us that he's the beast but it's not entertaining anymore.

Old 03-13-17, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

KO'ed.

Man, talk about getting jobbed out.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.