Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Old 01-10-16, 08:03 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,638
2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
Saturday, January 16th, 2016
TEAMSTIME (ET)TVLOCATION
Kansas City at New England4:35 PMCBSGillette Stadium
Green Bay at Arizona8:15 PMNBCU of Phoenix Stadium

Sunday, January 17th, 2016
TEAMSTIME (ET)TVLOCATION
Seattle at Carolina1:05 PMFOXBank of America Stadium
Pittsburgh at Denver4:40 PMCBSSports Authority Field at Mile High
LorenzoL is online now  
Old 01-10-16, 08:04 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,638
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

New England
Green Bay
Carolina
Denver
LorenzoL is online now  
Old 01-10-16, 08:08 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,062
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Poll?
davidh777 is online now  
Old 01-10-16, 08:13 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,473
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

I'm torn on who I want to win in the CAR/SEA game. If the Cards win, we could have an awesome home game for NFC champion or we would have to go to Carolina.
Deftones is offline  
Old 01-10-16, 08:16 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 20,638
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Poll?
Sorry! First time doing an NFL thread

If a mod could add a poll, it will be greatly appreciated.
LorenzoL is online now  
Old 01-10-16, 08:16 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,568
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

I think you want Carolina.
aktick is offline  
Old 01-10-16, 09:58 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,062
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Sorry! First time doing an NFL thread

If a mod could add a poll, it will be greatly appreciated.


You can actually add your own poll, but it has to be within 30 minutes after you create the thread.
davidh777 is online now  
Old 01-10-16, 10:19 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 10,917
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Packers, Seahawks, and Steelers all advance the same teams that win every year.

You never see any Cinderella feel good underdog teams win the title in the NFL.

Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, and Steelers will win since they always win every year.

Parity my ass!
JeffTheAlpaca is offline  
Old 01-10-16, 10:24 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,062
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Packers, Seahawks, and Steelers all advance the same teams that win every year.

You never see any Cinderella feel good underdog teams win the title in the NFL.

Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, and Steelers will win since they always win every year.

Parity my ass!
Feel free to believe whatever you want to believe, but your Seahawks love would've sounded absurd three years ago. And of course Carolina and Arizona are the top NFC seeds every single year.

Talk to Tom Coughlin about how the powerful teams always win the Super Bowl.
davidh777 is online now  
Old 01-10-16, 10:26 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,568
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Packers, Seahawks, and Steelers all advance the same teams that win every year.

You never see any Cinderella feel good underdog teams win the title in the NFL.

Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, and Steelers will win since they always win every year.

Parity my ass!
Hope your normal inanity is right!
aktick is offline  
Old 01-10-16, 10:43 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 10,917
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

I am a Niners fan.

I don't see the Giants as the lovable underdog since they won a title in the 80's and 1990 and they are part of the NFC Least the so called glamour division in the NFL.

The 2009 Saints might be the only team that qualifies though I don't like them or root for them.

I just want to see the Bengals. Vikings, Lions, Bills or some team that never wins go all the way and win the title.
JeffTheAlpaca is offline  
Old 01-10-16, 10:48 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

We had the Ravens and Niners in the Super Bowl just a couple years ago. And Carolina certainly came out of nowhere this year.

I do think the parity thing is a little bit overblown with the NFL, the teams with a true franchise QB tend to stick around and be in contention year after year. But really, it sounds more like you're a Niners fan so you want teams that you don't hate other then the Niners to win.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 01-10-16, 11:56 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 26,809
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post

I just want to see the Bengals. Vikings, Lions, Bills or some team that never wins go all the way and win the title.
These teams (what, no Browns?) are either a QB or an organizational overhaul or both from going deep in the playoffs. Those are probably the two rarest things in football. I can't even fathom something like a Lions/Bengals Super Bowl. Can a Super Bowl end in a tie?
fujishig is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 01:16 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,062
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I am a Niners fan.

I don't see the Giants as the lovable underdog since they won a title in the 80's and 1990 and they are part of the NFC Least the so called glamour division in the NFL.
So the Patriots were undefeated and had won three of the previous six titles, but the Giants weren't an underdog because they'd won it 17 years earlier?

Football is a team game. You can't ride a hot shooter or a hot bat or arm to a championship. As others said, some of the teams you're rooting for have deep organizational problems or just don't have the right pieces. They can make the playoffs and win a game or two if things fall right, but they have to keep playing better teams.

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
But really, it sounds more like you're a Niners fan so you want teams that you don't hate other then the Niners to win.
This
davidh777 is online now  
Old 01-11-16, 02:45 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 10,917
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

The last thing I want to see is Seattle, Green Bay, Steelers or Patriots winning the title 20 minutes away from my house.

I prefer 2 teams that never won it before playing at Levis.
JeffTheAlpaca is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 06:55 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
dan30oly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,749
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Seriously....anyone but seattle.

So sick of it.
dan30oly is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 07:03 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 7,014
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by dan30oly View Post
Seriously....anyone but SEA, NE or PIT.

So sick of them.
This.
Quack is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 08:52 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Must suck for fans that hate certain teams because those franchises keep winning despite some pretty major overhauls for their roster. For example, the Seahawks could end up playing the Steelers again, and I think there might be 5 players total that would have p in the previous game. Far more if the Seahawks end up playing the Broncos, but still a ton of turnover from just two years ago.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 10:57 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,062
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
The last thing I want to see is Seattle, Green Bay, Steelers or Patriots winning the title 20 minutes away from my house.

I prefer 2 teams that never won it before playing at Levis.
So clearly there's no logic to your argument, and it's just a personal thing. Unfortunately you're already out of luck because every AFC team has already won it, including the perennial juggernaut Chiefs, who have been a thorn in our sides ever since winning it all back in 1969.

I can see how people are tired of seeing the Seahawks, but fact is they fit JeffTheAlpaca's criteria in that they had never won it all until two years ago. Unfortunately for him, he's a Niners fan and can't recognize that because he hates them, which is fine. Also unfortunately, not every team can be the Ravens and win it all then disappear from relevance just so other teams' fans don't have to look at them anymore. Sometimes teams win it all because they're good teams, and if they're good (likely because, as already mentioned it, they have a top quarterback and a top organization), they stay good for a while.
davidh777 is online now  
Old 01-11-16, 11:02 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

I can understand the frustration. I got a little sick of the NBA for years there as somebody that didn't really care at all for the Lakers or the Celtics. Just made it even that more awesome when I could cheer for the Pistons or Bulls.

The key is admitting one just doesn't like those teams. Because those rivalry games were otherwise very entertaining.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 11:16 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,473
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

just got my divisional round playoff tix.
Deftones is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 11:53 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,822
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

go Cards! i need to win a playoff pool
DaveNinja is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 11:55 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 3,266
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Of the teams left I would love to see KC win it all for one reason.

It would be hilarious if Alex Smith won it all on the 49ers home turf after all the crap he took when he was with the Niners.

If they can't win it all, Carolina or Arizona would be nice since they have never won it before.
WCChiCubsFan is offline  
Old 01-11-16, 12:03 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,062
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

If I didn't have a horse in the race, I'd be rooting for a dark horse. I admit I can't stand the Patriots, but not just because they've been winning for a long time, but because of all the shenanigans (withdrawing statement to avoid more rants by Patriots fans). I have nothing against the Packers but would be fine with them not winning just because they've been around a long time. Again, it goes back to having a good quarterback and organization. I don't really care for the Steelers but having Ben, Bell, and Bryant on my fantasy teams softened me to them a bit.

If the Seahawks don't win it, I might actually root a little bit for the Cardinals because they're fresh and I had Palmer, Floyd, and the defense on multiple fantasy teams. Don't tell Deftones I said that, though.
davidh777 is online now  
Old 01-11-16, 12:17 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
raven56706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 21,669
Re: 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread -- Divisional Weekend -- 01/16/2016 and 01/17/2016

Pulling for KC, Denver, Green Bay and Carolina
raven56706 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.