Bound for Glory Final
Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray
*Winner receives a title match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Kazarian & Chris Daniels (c) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle

TNA Knockouts Championship
Miss Tessmacher (c) vs. Tara

A fight
Austin Aries vs. The Armbreaker (Aces & Eights)
*Nobody won.

TNA X-Division Championship
Zema Ion (c) vs. Sonjay Dutt

Magnus vs. Rob Van Dam

WWE Night of Champions on September 16th at 8:00 PM
- All current WWE championship titles are defended.
Spoiler:
WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena
*Punk retains after ref rules a double pin 3-count.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

Divas Championship
Layla (c) vs. Eve
*Kaitlyn was attacked backstage before the scheduled match by a mysterious assailant, injuring her ankle.

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE Tag Team Championship
Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (c) vs. Kane & Daniel Bryan

Four-Way for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara

WWE United States Championship
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Zack Ryder

Pre-show Battle Royal @ 7:30 PM on WWE.com
JTG vs. Primo vs. Epico vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Darren Young vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Zack Ryder vs. Tensai vs. Broadus Clay vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Heath Slater vs. Michael McGillcutty vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Santino Marella

Last edited by DGibFen; 09-16-12 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-03-12, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: The September 2012 Pro Wrestling Thread - Night of Surrender

Holy shit, that ending!

I like where this is going...
Old 09-03-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 65 Posts

Loved this episode. Kicking myself for turning down a ticket earlier today.
Old 09-03-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
As do I.

I still skipped around a lot this ep, but from what I saw there were some decent matches tonight too. The main event felt like an off-brand PPV caliber match. I love ADR saying "and now I'm going to break your arm!". So cheesy, but fun.

Cool to see Dolph go over Orton. I like Orton more than most around here, but his matches are so predictable because he ALWAYS wins. It was refreshing to see him lose, and refreshing to see Dolph win against someone who's higher up than him.

And from what I heard, Miz is pretty solid on commentary.
Old 09-03-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God help me, but I loved the hugging segment.
Old 09-03-12, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

It's interesting what they're doing in the commentary booth lately, both on RAW and SmackDown. On SmackDown they removed Booker T and have put Josh Matthews on the shelf thanks to Kane. On RAW we have Punk taking out Lawler.

I know there was rumor that JBL was in talks with the WWE to come back as a commentator. I'd love to see that as he was really good. I don't know how well he'd do with the current version of Cole, but he's a fun listen.

It does seem that they're trying to find new voices, or at least giving wrestlers a new avenue to get themselves out there by putting them at the desk. Santino is doing Saturday Morning Slam, and he's pretty good for that show.

I do have to wonder if this is setting up Lawler's exit from the company, or at least his removal from commentary. Of course I wondered that when he was given that feud with The Miz, and it ended up just being to set him up for a match with Cole.

I wish they'd give Striker another chance, but I guess they didn't like having someone that sounded knowledgeable when it came to the product. I mean if the GM of RAW has no idea who he is, why would anybody watching?

Miz is doing a pretty good job tonight, not surprising. If you're good on the stick in general, and connect with the fans, it's not that hard to be a decent color commentator.

I do hope that they get some stability in commentary, and give us a lot less Cole.
Old 09-04-12, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like Lawler, but I wouldn't be mad to see him go. The biggest problem I have with the commentary now is I don't really listen to it. Cole is irritating (though much less so than a year ago), and Lawler sounds like he's just going through the motions. I would love to have a commentary team that actually enhances the show and makes you lean in and listen. JBL is ideal for this. Not only is he good on commentary, but he also seems to be respected by Vince in a way that none of the current commentators are, so he would have more slack to actually say some interesting stuff. JBL and Ross would be a dream come true, but I would take JBL and Cole. I think JBL with Cole would result in a lot less of the Cole-isms that so many of us find irritating.
Old 09-04-12, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Holy shit, that ending!

What happened? I typically tune out for the last hour and cannot press record on my DVR as Raw always runs over and cuts off before the final few minutes complete.
Old 09-04-12, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Still don't think CM Punk works as a heel, and adding Heyman to the mix is pure stupidity.
Old 09-04-12, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
What happened? I typically tune out for the last hour and cannot press record on my DVR as Raw always runs over and cuts off before the final few minutes complete.
Punk lays out Cena back stage and gets in a car, driven by Heyman.
Old 09-04-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 09-04-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts

First they have hime destroy and fan favorite in Lawler and now they have him pair up with a heel mouth piece in Heyman. They're really pulling out all the stops trying to sell him as a heel.
Old 09-04-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Oh, ok. This could go either way. If they do nothing with this and hardly ever mention it again, it's another waste of time. However, if they use this as the opportunity to have Punk lead a strong heel stable, which WWE has sorely lacked in previous years, it might be interesting.
Old 09-04-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
Still don't think CM Punk works as a heel, and adding Heyman to the mix is pure stupidity.
I'm curious as to why you think it's pure stupidity?

Oh, ok. This could go either way. If they do nothing with this and hardly ever mention it again, it's another waste of time. However, if they use this as the opportunity to have Punk lead a strong heel stable, which WWE has sorely lacked in previous years, it might be interesting.
Yeah, I'm hungry for a strong heel faction too. The last one was Evolution. Would love to see the more working class version of that with Punk, Lesnar, and...who else?
Old 09-04-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post

Yeah, I'm hungry for a strong heel faction too. The last one was Evolution. Would love to see the more working class version of that with Punk, Lesnar, and...who else?
Hmm...Miz, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio, Ziggler? Hell maybe Ryback as the enforcer, but that may as well be Lesnar.
Old 09-04-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
Well, as I have stated before, Punk works best as a loner anti-hero in my opinion. Anything doing with a stable or entourage or group has simply fallen flat for me. Similar to Stone Cold. Also in my opinion, Heyman is only good as the mouthpiece for those who arent good on the mic (ie Lesner). When you already have (arguably) the best guy on the mic it is stupid to have him associated with a well known mouthpiece.
Old 09-04-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Lesnar is good on the mic. He's not as good as Heyman but few are.
Old 09-04-12, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I also HATED that he helped Del Rio with the win. He should have layed them BOTH out. Would have been a perfect opportunity to further cement his "Only the WWE champion matters and deserves respect" Why would a WWE champion care that some midcarder got a win?
Old 09-04-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
Lesnar is good on the mic. He's not as good as Heyman but few are.
He is ok at best. His voice and speaking manner do not match his physical superiority. He certainly isnt in the league of ANY of the people he has feuded with since his return, hence bringing Heyman back in. He just doesnt have the verbal skills of Cena, HHH, HBK, etc.

I do feel the only reason to have a manager is if you can't promo yourself and hype up the match and get heat (face or heel) so that certainly influences my opinion.
Old 09-04-12, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, as I have stated before, Punk works best as a loner anti-hero in my opinion. Anything doing with a stable or entourage or group has simply fallen flat for me. Similar to Stone Cold. Also in my opinion, Heyman is only good as the mouthpiece for those who arent good on the mic (ie Lesner). When you already have (arguably) the best guy on the mic it is stupid to have him associated with a well known mouthpiece.
Ah, ok. I see your point, but if he's going to be heel he may as well be heel. And while his straight edge society faction might not have been the greatest thing ever, you can only blame him so much because he was a lower tier top of the card guy, with some uber-mid card people with him. I think if he were in a stable with Lesnar, Heyman, and maybe another guy who might not be solidified at the top of the card but didn't feel like an also ran (for the sake of this argument I'm going to say Wade Barrett) the stable would feel more prime-time. I say this having not even being sure if Lesnar and Punk are going to be aligned in any way.

I do see your point about Heyman not needing to talk for Punk, but I don't see anything wrong with having two great talkers together. Heyman may be better served working with someone like Jack Swagger, but he might just want to work with his friend Punk. See what magic they can make together.
Old 09-04-12, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I also HATED that he helped Del Rio with the win. He should have layed them BOTH out. Would have been a perfect opportunity to further cement his "Only the WWE champion matters and deserves respect" Why would a WWE champion care that some midcarder got a win?
He doesn't care that Del Rio won, he cares that Cena lost. If he lays both men out, there's a chance Cena picks up the win, thus negating his involvement in the first place.
Old 09-05-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 65 Posts

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/05/triple-h-wwe-shaved-head/

Old 09-05-12, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
He doesn't care that Del Rio won, he cares that Cena lost. If he lays both men out, there's a chance Cena picks up the win, thus negating his involvement in the first place.
But Cena losing has zero effect on Punk. It isn't like if Cena lost their match at NOC would be in jeopardy. Then that makes sense. But as WWE champion who per Punk's own words is NUMBER 1 and deserves all the respect and stuff, why would he help ANYONE win a match. Especially over the "#1 contender" All it does is raise Del Rio's spot and then Punk has to potentially face him. It makes more sense to lay them both out so both have their confidence shaken and will have that in their heads during the next encounter. Unless they are going to have Punk be Del Rio's bitch it makes no sense. Cena losing does nothing to either Cena or Punk.
Old 09-05-12, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

It makes Punk more of a heel, especially to kids.
Old 09-05-12, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 437 Likes on 310 Posts

It makes for something like the HBK/Hitman feud where Punk is playing the HBK role and Cena is Hart.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.