DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Official MMA Thread - Part IX

Jones made that look easy.
Old 12-30-18, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrX View Post
Jones made that look easy.
He was helped by the fact that Gus didn't show up whatsoever. If Gus looked any worse he'd be Chuck Liddell.

Fuck Lesnar, I want DC/Jones 3. At HW. Because if they fight at LHW why the fuck did Cormier have to vacate the belt.
Old 12-30-18, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

-Jones/Gus: well, the end result was predictable. Still disappointing though
-Cyborg/Nunes: holy shit, what a war that was for 51 seconds. Best women's fight ever, certainly most exciting. Major respect to Nunes, that was stunning. I'd love to see an immediate rematch, you'd have to think it would be more competitive now that Cyborg knows she can't just carelessly move forward swinging for the fences
-Condit/Chiesa: Goddamnit. Just goddamnit. Sigh.
-Volkanovski/Mendes: Awesome fight, Volkanovski has announced his arrival. Would love to see how Holloway handles a wrestler like him

Other comments: Petr Yan is legit as they come. I love that he called out Lineker after his win, NOBODY asks for Lineker. Ballsy. Could definitely see him as future BW champ. Nathaniel Wood looks like a future Top 10 guy too.
Old 12-31-18, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still think Jones aint worth a shit. He'll fuck up again. Make an excuse for it.
Nunes is bad ass but seeing her and lot of people calling her the GOAT is a bit much.
Carlos, my man...what happened!!?? I was bummed about that one.
Old 01-06-19, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

UFC235 in March has its main and co-main: Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith and Tyron Woodley vs Karamu Usman.

Almost everyone is shitting on Smith, calling it Jones' easiest title defense ever...but I like Smith, and will be rooting for him. At the very least, he's Jones' size at 6'4" and he is fearless and not going to be intimidated. Yes, he will probably lose, but he'll die trying. Smith is a finisher, so the fight will be exciting however long (or short...) it ends up being.

Usman could definitely beat Woodley...he's essentially the same type of fighter (strong wrestler with powerful hands) but even bigger than Woodley. I don't recall Woodley having faced a guy like himself before (at least not during his title reign), so it'll be interesting. The fight could definitely end up being uneventful, as both guys are known to put on boring decisions where they just just spam takedowns and smother guys for entire fights.
Old 01-15-19, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jones is the new Mighty Mouse. Big fish in a small pond fighting a bunch of guys that aren't worthy. Reyes, Smith, Cirkunov, Oezdemir. Theres nothing for Jones at LHW.