Reload this Page >

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling Thread: Capitol Punishment/ Slammiversary IX

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 06-01-11, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TNA returns to ppv with their 9th annual Slammiversary event on Sunday June 12th. To date, here is your card...

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
"The Icon" Sting(c) vs. Mr. Anderson

#1 Contenders Match
(If Angle loses, he must give Jarrett his Olympic Gold Medal)
"The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett vs. "The Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle

TNA Knockouts Championship
Mickie James(c) vs. Angelina Love w/ Winter

Singles Match
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. Crimson

Singles Match
"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan
-----------------------------------------------------------

WWE comes to our nation's capitol on Sunday June 19th with their Capitol Punishment event. No matches have been announced as of yet, but it's fairly certain that John Cena will defend his WWE Championship against R-Truth .
Old 06-01-11, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling Thread: Capitol Punishment/ Slammiversary IX

Don't click if you don't want to know but here are the Smackdown spoilers for Friday night's show...

Spoiler:
1. Christian beat Mark Henry. Christian asked Teddy Long to add him to the title match. Long named him special referee.

2. Alicia Fox and Tamina beat A.J. and Kaitlyn. A short match.

Cody Rhodes cut a promo regarding Daniel Bryan.

3. Jinder Mahal beat Yoshi Tatsu in a squash.

4. Ezekiel Jackson vs. Wade Barrett for Intercontinental title. Jackson wins by countout. Jackson fights off Slater and Gabriel afterwards.

Sheamus tried to suck up to Christian by saying they should have a triple threat. Christian said he knew he was lying and told him to focus on Randy Orton.

5. Daniel Bryan beat Cody Rhodes. Cody attacked Bryan afterward. Sin Cara made the save.

6. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus for WWE World title with Christian as special referee. Sheamus bumps Christian. Christian starts favoring his arm. Sheamus has Orton pinned, Christian counts two, then stops and favors his arm again. Orton hits RKO for the win. Post match, Christian nails Orton with the belt.
Old 06-01-11, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
No matches have been announced as of yet, but it's fairly certain that John Cena will defend his WWE Championship against R-Truth .
You think the man is actually gonna let R-Truth be in the main event of a WWE PPV for a shot at the WWE Championship?
Old 06-01-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is TNA still around?

anyways... TNA this week threw out a paid customer because he is known for giving spoilers to pwinsider.com... i mean seriously, in this day and age, you think he would be the only one??
Old 06-01-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
is TNA still around?

anyways... TNA this week threw out a paid customer because he is known for giving spoilers to pwinsider.com... i mean seriously, in this day and age, you think he would be the only one??
I was reading that. Pretty ridiculous story. There's no way to stop spoilers being leaked out.
Old 06-01-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

to make matters worse, they give free tickets out and this guy PAYS for his tickets.. what is wrong with TNA? i mean seriously.. what are they doing?
Old 06-01-11, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
is TNA still around?

Lol, "paid customer', yeah, sure.
Old 06-01-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an Annual Pass to Universal and would like to take in a TNA/Impact/whatever they are taping as I used to catch them in 2003 when they were in the Asylum in Nashville. How do you get in to them if you're already in the park?
Old 06-01-11, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
I have an Annual Pass to Universal and would like to take in a TNA/Impact/whatever they are taping as I used to catch them in 2003 when they were in the Asylum in Nashville. How do you get in to them if you're already in the park?
When I've been there they have a sign up near the front with a arrow pointing towards the arena. They'll sometimes have people pestering you asking if you want to see a live wrestling event.
Old 06-01-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Botchamania featuring Monday's RAW:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DXAQm-SZj0E?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DXAQm-SZj0E?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 06-02-11, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
When I've been there they have a sign up near the front with a arrow pointing towards the arena. They'll sometimes have people pestering you asking if you want to see a live wrestling event.
What nights do they do tapings?
Old 06-02-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Warrior came out recently from where ever in parts unknown he was hiding to start a Twitter page. He's been slamming Hogan something fierce.

http://twitter.com/#!/ultimatewarrior
Old 06-03-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Enjoyed Impact last night, I watched most of it except the first 10 minutes.

Two things about Anderson & EY (or should I say Old Sting and Not So Great Muta).

Is it scary that outside of the grin, Anderson could pass for Old Sting no problem?

And 2, I'm not ashamed to say I was happy when EY got the pin over Anderson, mainly because of the mist. I know it won't go anywhere for EY, but he has been in my top 10 favs for a while and little things like this just make me like him more.
Old 06-03-11, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Enjoyed Impact last night, I watched most of it except the first 10 minutes.

Two things about Anderson & EY (or should I say Old Sting and Not So Great Muta).

Is it scary that outside of the grin, Anderson could pass for Old Sting no problem?

And 2, I'm not ashamed to say I was happy when EY got the pin over Anderson, mainly because of the mist. I know it won't go anywhere for EY, but he has been in my top 10 favs for a while and little things like this just make me like him more.
I caught part of Impact last night for the first time in a long time and the EY pin was pretty cool. I like ODB better with blonde hair...
Old 06-03-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
I caught part of Impact last night for the first time in a long time and the EY pin was pretty cool. I like ODB better with blonde hair...
ODB looks like she'd have some kind of crotch fungus
Old 06-03-11, 04:59 PM

Eric Young has been pretty hilarious in recent weeks! And his Great Muta mannerisms were killing me, especially the green mist! His stuff with Gunner has been pure gold too!

Didn't dig the swerve at the end with the apparent "firing" of Mick Foley at the hands of the "network." Of course, this will probably end up being another "swerve" to throw off Hogan and Immortal. Ughhh.
Old 06-05-11, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas View Post
Eric Young has been pretty hilarious in recent weeks! And his Great Muta mannerisms were killing me, especially the green mist! His stuff with Gunner has been pure gold too!
I re-watched the end of the match about 4 times on my DVR, because it was that good. EY is gold, it's a shame that he often gets lost in the shuffle of their roster.
Old 06-05-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't dig the swerve at the end with the apparent "firing" of Mick Foley at the hands of the "network." Of course, this will probably end up being another "swerve" to throw off Hogan and Immortal. Ughhh.
Foley's is said to be leaving the company due to creative differences.
Old 06-05-11, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
Foley's is said to be leaving the company due to creative differences.
So much for "wrestling matters" in TNA!
Old 06-05-11, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So much for "wrestling matters" in TNA!
I swear, this company cannot get its head out of its ass for anything. I hope it goes under soon and then ROH starts to catch fire.
Old 06-05-11, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
I swear, this company cannot get its head out of its ass for anything. I hope it goes under soon and then ROH starts to catch fire.
I wonder if Double J will cry if and when TNA is no more? Hope he knows he helped kill his own creation with some really lame angles (JJ/Angle/Karen).

On a different note, I can't wait to see what R-Truth has in store for us tomorrow night on RAW!!! I hope we see the debut of an "R-Truth" t-shirt ... maybe some "I hate Little Jimmy" shirts will become the next "Austin 3:16?"
Old 06-05-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Im pretty sure after awhile the WWE will bring in a little black midget and name him Little Jimmy and he and R-Truth will end up feuding with Hornswoogle and then we will find out Little Jimmys momma is Kharma. Thats how f'ed up the WWE is.
Old 06-05-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Im pretty sure after awhile the WWE will bring in a little black midget and name him Little Jimmy and he and R-Truth will end up feuding with Hornswoogle and then we will find out Little Jimmys momma is Kharma. Thats how f'ed up the WWE is.
Hopefully the E cuts you a check when they use your idea.
Old 06-06-11, 12:05 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok fellas I need a Show refresher please.

I am taking my son to his first WWE event for his birthday. It is tonight's WWE RAW in Richmond, VA. It's been at least 10 years since I last went to a show and I just need a quick refresh on timing.

Tickets say 8:15pm on them but as I recall they used to tape other shows' matches prior to RAW -- is that still done? (sorry I am out of the loop on wrestling these days)

I want to give him plenty of time to look around at the souvenirs(and make me broke, LOL) and soak everything in before the fun begins so I would assume an hour or so before the "8:15pm ticket time" would be plenty. Naturally this isn't like a big PPV so their won't be as many fans or any meet and greets with wrestlers so I think that would be enough time.

Anything else I need to know?

Are they still picky about bringing signs to the event?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Greg

EDIT - Also can I assume a Youth T-Shirt of some sort is going to run me about $20-$25?? Pretty sure he wants either CM Punk or Rey Mysterio as that is who he regularly roots for on the show and plays in WWE All Stars.
Old 06-06-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Ok fellas I need a Show refresher please.

I am taking my son to his first WWE event for his birthday. It is tonight's WWE RAW in Richmond, VA. It's been at least 10 years since I last went to a show and I just need a quick refresh on timing.
Awesome, lucky kid. My dad refused to acknowledge my interest in wrestling, so I didn't go to an event until I was an adult.
Tickets say 8:15pm on them but as I recall they used to tape other shows' matches prior to RAW -- is that still done? (sorry I am out of the loop on wrestling these days)
I think Superstars is still taped (for the internet show) and there are Dark matches , like a tryout occasionally as well. I assume you are on the east coast, so that would indicate maybe a couple of matches before Raw. If the tickets say 8:15, I would try to get there around 7:15-7:30. If nothing else, load up on food and merchandise.
I want to give him plenty of time to look around at the souvenirs(and make me broke, LOL) and soak everything in before the fun begins so I would assume an hour or so before the "8:15pm ticket time" would be plenty.
See above LOL
Anything else I need to know?

Are they still picky about bringing signs to the event?
No laser pens, video cameras,etc
I would say with the signs, use common sense. Obviously stick to the WWE and even such, stick to stars currently on the program. Keep it simple . But then again, I was never big on signs cause it would never fail but some teenie bopper would sit in front of me and wave the sign the entire program.

EDIT - Also can I assume a Youth T-Shirt of some sort is going to run me about $20-$25?? Pretty sure he wants either CM Punk or Rey Mysterio as that is who he regularly roots for on the show and plays in WWE All Stars.
Yep, $25 ish. Either of those guys should be readily available. I would suggest CM Punk over Rey Rey. Only because I'm not sure how much longer Punk is sticking around. And we know Rey Rey has a job for life .

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.