DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/574662-wwe-tna-roh-june-wrestling-thread-fatal-4-way-slammiversery-death-before-dishonor.html)

Rypro 525 06-02-10 07:50 PM

WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Dishonor

figured it was time for another wrestling thread as we head into june
Lineup for Slamiversery June 13
1 Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Sting Singles match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
2 Douglas Williams (c) vs. Brian Kendrick Singles match for the TNA X Division Championship
3 The Band (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) (c) vs. Matt Morgan and TBA Tag team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship
4 Madison Rayne (c) vs. Roxxi Singles match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship

Lineup for Fatal 4 Way June 20

1 John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Edge Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE Championship[4]
2 Jack Swagger (c) vs. The Big Show vs. CM Punk vs. The Undertaker Fatal Four-Way match for the World Heavyweight Championship[5]
(c) refers to the champion(s) heading into the match

Rypro 525 06-02-10 07:53 PM

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

and
http://smedia.gofightlive.tv/images/events/690.JPG
ROH World Title Match
Tyler Black defends vs. Davey Richards

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
The Kings of Wrestling with Shane Hagadorn defend vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

Grudge Match Months in the Making
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico

Pick 6 Contenders Series Match
(2) Christopher Daniels vs. Kenny Omega

The 2nd Annual Toronto Gauntlet
Colt Cabana vs. Steve Corino vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong vs. TBA vs. TBA

Also scheduled to appear:
- Delirious
- Austin Aries
- Cheech and Cloudy
- Shawn Daivari
- Tyson Dux
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7mI7dBDWTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7mI7dBDWTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Cory02 06-02-10 08:11 PM

Re: WWE/TNA/ROH June Wrestling thread, Fatal 4 Way, Slammiversery, Death Before Disho

Death Before Dishonor is easily my most-anticipated PPV of the year. Tyler Black/Davey Richards has MOTY potential, Daniels/Omega should be awesome, and they've done a great job of building the tag title feud and the Steen/Generico match. I was also very impressed with the promo video...very well done.

Rypro 525 06-02-10 08:23 PM

Yeah the guy who makes them always does a great job.

Rypro 525 06-03-10 08:25 PM

is this Rosie Lotta Love supposed to be the next Kong or something?

Rypro 525 06-03-10 09:03 PM

I love that they can now say asshole on spike. also loved the 'we are assholes' chant

Mok 06-04-10 10:24 PM

The explanation for the Undertaker being taking out was soooooo dumb. How long did it take them to think of that one. I always hated the whole supernatural aspect of the Taker character, but this really takes the cake. So now he is a vegetable and Kane is out for revenge. Smackdown sucked!

Drav3n 06-04-10 11:09 PM

The only good that can come out of this is hopefully Kane will get a push again...

Sammy Banderas 06-05-10 04:49 PM

Seriously ... Kane has been floundernig in mid-card hell for the past several years. I still blame the entire "Katie Vick" angle for burying Kane in the eyes of fans. Darn you, HHH ... haha. Anyway, "vegitative state???" ... really ... REALLY????

But if Kane can somehow be elevated and be taken seriously, then I'm all for this ridiculous angle. But why do I have the feeling that he will be the one that turned Taker into vegatable?:(

dx23 06-05-10 05:35 PM

I feel the only way Kane can be seriously considered a top guy in the eyes of the fans is if WWE puts the old costume with the mask back on him.

Charlie Goose 06-05-10 11:36 PM

I guess Kane has forgiven Taker for torching the house and killing their parents.

Me007gold 06-06-10 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 10196404)
I guess Kane has forgiven Taker for torching the house and killing their parents.

I thought it was the other way around?

Sammy Banderas 06-06-10 02:24 AM

Just finished watching this week's IMPACT! I must say I'm always entertained and I really enjoy watching TNA elevating all these deserving stars. Have you noticed in recent weeks we haven't really seen much of Hogan and Bischoff?

Anyway, I thought the Anderson-Hardy/Beer Money showdown was hilarious! The ensuing matches were also really solid. And watching AJ and Kaz argue over who is Ric Flair's protege has been funny and intriguing. Gotta love how AJ ... one of the most gifted wrestlers in the world ... thinks he has to "kill" Jay Lethal to win back Naitch's support!rotfl

Charlie Goose 06-06-10 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Me007gold (Post 10196468)
I thought it was the other way around?

Right around the time Taker went biker, he confessed to deliberately setting the fire.

nateman 06-06-10 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 10196008)
I feel the only way Kane can be seriously considered a top guy in the eyes of the fans is if WWE puts the old costume with the mask back on him.

When he lost that match to RVD and he took his mask off I knew it was the end of Kane as a top guy in the WWE. He was an interesting character when he had the mask on and didn't talk. He's been a mid-card wrestler for years now and I was glad to see they put Rey Mysterio in the fatal-4-way match for the World Heavyweight Championship. I didn't think Undertaker should've been in the match in the first place. He only shows up on SmackDown! once and awhile and after he wrestles in a match he's gone forever again.

The Undertaker is one of my favorite wrestlers of all-time but when you know he's only going to wrestle every couple of months; don't put him in World Heavyweight Championship matches.

We went from having a decent episode of RAW for once and then we get a SmackDown! episode that really sucked.

The MVP/Swagger match was really good, however.

Dr. DVD 06-06-10 04:25 PM

While WWE seems to put on the better shows, I have to say I think TNA's women look better. Lacey Von Erich owns everyone.

Sammy Banderas 06-06-10 05:01 PM

It was interesting to see the fans rooting on Kane during that SD battle royal! For a few moments, I thought the Big Red Monster was going to pull it off. But it was a given he was going to be eliminated when the announcers kept saying "Kane is going to win!!!"

It would be very easy, from a storyline standpoint, to put the mask on Kane again. Now that his brother is "gone" and he didn't get to replace him at the ppv, he has had enough of being "human" and decides to go back to being the ruthless killing machine he was long ago. So he dons the mask again and destroys everyone in sight. Tombstone here, choke slam there ... the Kane we all know and love is back with a vengeance!!!:)

Anyone else have other thoughts on how they can turn Kane into a main eventer again?

The Dude 06-06-10 05:16 PM

I'm a little surprised that the 'E' hasn't ever given him another run with the belt, just for being a solid soldier all these years in the Fed. He's only had a one day title reign, correct (first blood match with Austin)?

Sammy Banderas 06-06-10 05:27 PM

Quite frankly, the best thing about SD this week, and I know I'm stretching here, was Kane's over-the-top performance! Sure, the angle is crap, but the guy proved he is a "solid soldier" for making the most of his airtime. We saw angry Kane, emotional Kane (that confrontation with Big Show was priceless ... it looked like Kane was going to cry!) and super athletic Kane (his performance in the battle royal was great!).

I hope they have something big planned for Kane.

juanmgonzalez 06-06-10 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas (Post 10197149)
I hope they have something big planned for Kane.

They must be preparing the media blitz with Kane for See No Evil 2

Sammy Banderas 06-06-10 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez (Post 10197174)
they must be preparing the media blitz with kane for see no evil 2

hahaha!!! "may 19th!!!!!":)

JJE-187 06-06-10 08:19 PM

To be fair Kane did have a reign as ECW champion (beat Chavo in like 10 seconds at WrestleMania XIV) right before turning it into that stupid phoenix crap

Sammy Banderas 06-06-10 09:26 PM

A classic example of how great Kane can be if allowed to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOxRfGqPNjI

JJE-187 06-06-10 11:37 PM

that makes me miss The Rock more than Kane :( I remeber WWF back then, the most entertaining thing on TV

SethDLH 06-07-10 01:02 AM

I liked Smackdown quite a bit. I think Kane cut a great promo and I have no problem with how they handled Taker not being able to compete. Its interesting, and could go a number of ways. Hell, just about any reason to possibly give Kane a push is okay with me. I will always contest that he's one of the better big men in the WWE. My main problem with it is yet another title match for Rey Mysterio when Kane or Christian both would have been better choices IMO.