Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2007-2008 NHL Regular Season thread

Old 12-08-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

4 game homestand starts for the Sharks tonight. Now that they've caught the Stars, it'd be nice if they could start winning at home.

I've missed 3 home games due to being sick or had other plans and they've won them all. I've only seen one regular season home win so far.
Old 12-08-07, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That sure was an entertaining game out in Vancouver tonight with the Pens winning in the shoot out.

The Pens sure have looked good of late.
Old 12-09-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What a disaster tonight. 7-1 and it probably could have been worse. Still have 2 games in hand on the Stars though, and the Ducks lost, so it's not as bad as it could have been.

Quite a few Sabres fans in attendance.
Old 12-09-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
The Atlanta Thrashers have claimed Mark Recchi off re-entry waivers.
glad to see someone pick him up. I hope he finishes with a decent season as it's probably going to be his last. I just wish the Pens would've kept him. I can't believe there wasn't a role for him on the team.

Another exciting game last night. Great goalie duel! Luongo's such a thrill to watch, the guy is amazing. It's a shame he has to take a loss after such a fantastic performance.

Sabo looked great in goal again after coming off the bench. I know Fleury's supposed to be the future, but Danny really has had a bunch of impressive performances so far this year.
Old 12-10-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How many of you guys are getting the NHL Channel on your Cable Systems? I love it, as it is nice to find non-stop highlights/news about the NHL, in contrast with ESPN which usually reserves the last 10 minutes of Sportscenter to show all the nights games. And I really love all the shows that are during the day, as I have been DVR'ing alot of great stuff. Many playoff series from the 80's/90's of my Flyers when Lindros was there brought back good/bad memories. I like this channel cause it speaks to the Hockey fan, not the casual fan, as they program it for diehard hockey fans only. Great stuff.
Old 12-10-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep-I gotta it.I like watching the older games.I was watching a Leaf
/King playoff game and it brought back memories of what a dirty player Dan Maloney was.He hooked a player with his stick by the neck.
Old 12-10-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah we got the NHL Network here last month and I am loving it! It's so nice to see in depth highlights and analysis of the games. I really like the classic series episodes. It was great to get to see the 92 Penguins (my favorite team at that time) destroy the Bruins and Blackhawks again
Old 12-11-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It seems a company is testing heated blades in the NHL - neat idea.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224943
Old 12-11-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the NHL Network...especially when they show highlights in HD.
Old 12-11-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pens got handled by the Flyers again tonight. Hat tricks for both Lupul and Umberger. Things got ugly in the third. Old man Roberts laid a beating on Eager that was great to see.
Old 12-12-07, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
Pens got handled by the Flyers again tonight. Hat tricks for both Lupul and Umberger. Things got ugly in the third. Old man Roberts laid a beating on Eager that was great to see.
It's looking more and more like there will be a complete reversal from last year's series.
Old 12-13-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Amel
glad to see someone pick him up. I hope he finishes with a decent season as it's probably going to be his last. I just wish the Pens would've kept him. I can't believe there wasn't a role for him on the team.
Recchi scored twice (doubling his season output) in his debut with Atlanta.
Old 12-13-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seeing Gary Roberts beat the crap outta Eager almost made up for watching the Pens get their butts whipped on the scoreboard You think Eager will be on the bench the entire game next time instead of just the 3rd period?

Fleury's out for about 2 months! That sucks. Even worse is missing Mad Max Talbot for the next month. His loss seems to be the bigger of the two at the moment. Sabo's been pretty damn good in goal so far. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles being the #1 goalie. Can he keep it up game after game for the next two months?

Recchi scored twice (doubling his season output) in his debut with Atlanta.
Maybe Rechhi's old ass needs a 2 week rest between games? I don't agree with everything Starkey says in today's Trib, it's an interesting read about the situation: Pitt Trib-Review
Old 12-13-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. I attributed the DiPietro deal to it being the Isles, but here we have the Flyers now inking Mike Richards to a 12 year, $69 million deal. This is for a forward who has scored a grand total of 100 points over three seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 12-14-07, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
This is for a forward who has scored a grand total of 100 points over three seasons.

That's a little misleading though. He's a 22 year old who has already scored more points this year than his last 2. Yeah it's a risk, but he's not just a forward who scored 100 points over three seasons.
Old 12-15-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow - I like this trade, quite a bit.

Weight, prospect and a draft pick to Anaheim for McDonald:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...1?OpenDocument
Old 12-15-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So how many games for Simon this time? For those who didn't see, he decided to slewfoot and then step on Ruutu's skate/ankle.
Old 12-16-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
So how many games for Simon this time? For those who didn't see, he decided to slewfoot and then step on Ruutu's skate/ankle.
I just saw that and was coming here to post about it. For those that didn't see, here's the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3hKeVb_G-PI

Anything less than the rest of the season is unacceptable in my eyes, and I wouldn't even mind if they just ban him for good. This is the second time he's blatantly attempted to injure another player and there's no room in the NHL for that kind of behavior.
Old 12-16-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a week for Iginla. He had 2G 2A today to make it 7G 3A for the week.

As for Simon, they should just kick him out of the league. He is past his prime and obviously can't control his anger. If any of his past two incidents would have involved a skill player like Ovechkin or Crosby he would have already been dealt with more severely. I hope it doesn't take a serious injury to get him banned, this should be enough. He knew after the last one that he was under increased scrutiny and he blew it. Tough luck. Hang 'em up.
Old 12-16-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Iggy's one of my favorite players so im happy to see him having such a great season.Wish i had him on my fantasy team.
Old 12-17-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sharks win a shootout!
Old 12-17-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love watching Iginla. The guys a monster. Skill and toughness. Sucks for us East Coasters not to be able to see him more often.

Simon's a chump. I even hate having to type his name in the same post as Iggy. Hopefully the NHL will get rid of this weasel. The only thing "helping" him is that was against Ruutu. But no matter what people think of Ruutu they need to look at Simon's action, not who it was against.
Old 12-17-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Chris Simon left the New York Islanders on Monday, saying he needed time away from hockey following his latest penalty for attempting to injure an opponent... "I acknowledge that time and assistance is needed before I return to the game"
Old 12-17-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's nice to see the the Islanders actually deal with the unacceptable on-ice behavior in such a classy way. The Flyers should take notes.
Old 12-18-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Indeed. Seriously, kick him out of the game for a year.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.