Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWECW / TNA / ROH wrestling 10/9-15 (WWE Family Reunion, Angle debuts for TNA)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 10-09-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's that time of the week again!

We'll begin the WWECW portion of this thread with the roll call of champions:

RAW:
WWE Champion: John Cena (3rd title reign, defeated Edge on Sept 17 2006 in Toronto, Ontario)
Intercontinental Champion: Jeff Hardy (2nd title reign, defeated Johnny Nitro on October 2, 2006 in Topeka, Kansas)
Women's Champion: Vacant as of Sept 25 2006 (last held by Trish Stratus, defeating Lita on Sept 17, 2006 in Toronto, Ontario)
World Tag Team Champions: The Spirit Squad (1st title reign, defeated Kane & Big Show on April 3, 2006 in Chicago, Illinois)

ECW
World Champion: The Big Show (1st title reign, defeated Rob Van Damn on July 4, 2006 in Philadelphia, PA)

Smackdown
World Heavyweight Champion: King Booker (1st title reign, defeated Rey Mysterio on July 23, 2006 in Indianapolis, IN)
United States Champion: Ken Kennedy (1st title reign, defeated Bobby Lashley and previous champion Finlay in a 3-way match on August 29, 2006 in Reading, PA)
Cruiserweight Champion: Gregory Helms (3rd title reign, defeated Funaki in a 6-man match that also included Jamie Noble, Nunzio, Paul London and former champion Kid Kash on January 29th, 2006 in Miami, FL)
WWE Tag Team Champions: Paul London & Brian Kendrick (1st title reign, defeated MNM on May 21, 2006 in Phoenix, AZ)

Over on Raw:

Tonight's the big "Family Reunion" show, featuring Raw, ECW and Smackdown talent. Please note that this show is 3 hours long and begins at 8pm. We might see the beginning of a major planned angle leading up to the Cyber Sunday PPV on tonight's show. Click the spoiler tag if you want to know about it.

Spoiler:
Reports are saying that WWE is working towards a 3-way match between Raw champ John Cena, ECW champ The Big Show and Smackdown champ King Booker. This show would be perfect to kick it off if that's the plan.

The only match announced so far is the Kane vs. Umaga "loser must leave Raw" match. The safe money is on Kane, as both ECW and Smackdown are in need of a monster face on the show.

Speaking of Umaga, he suffered his first pinfall loss at a house show last night, where he was pinned by Kane. We all know WWE logic, though - "if it didn't happen on TV, it didn't happen."

Heading over to ECW....

Not much on the horizon at the moment, just the "Extreme Strip Poker" event. We'll likely see the progression of what looks to be the beginning of a monster push for Test after an insane match against Rob Van Dam last week. They could also be trying to turn Bob Holly to a face, after Test gave him a vicious chair shot to the back.

On Smackdown....

The No Mercy PPV has come and gone, all titles remained where they were. Chris Benoit made a surprise return, defeating William Regal. WWE has issued an apology for some nudity that was on the PPV, apparently in a women's locker room segment. Does anyone really believe that this was accidental, considering how the big strip poker event on ECW has been heavily advertised on all WWE shows? Also, does anyone know exactly what the instance of nudity was? Most importantly, does anyone have a screen cap of it?

Coming soon, your Ring of Honor report, with big news coming out of last weekend's Ohio / Michigan double shot.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 10-09-06 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-09-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

World Wrestling Entertainment would like to apologize to anyone who watched WWE No Mercy and was offended by the William Regal locker room incident. Conduct of this kind is unacceptable in a family-friendly environment, and WWE accepts full responsibility. Nudity of any kind, even in a live television environment, is offensive to our audience and to the reputation of our company.
I bet it was that stripper. Or Vito. What the fuck.
Old 10-09-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to boards it was Regal, who barred his bare ass, and a very slight shot of his doodle. (as in even if you don't blink you'll still miss it)
Old 10-09-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OK, if it's Regal I'll believe that it was an accident. The initial reports I saw only said something about the women's locker room, so I assumed it was a diva.
Old 10-09-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it was regals butt..
Old 10-09-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So an accidental shot of Regal's ass gets a front page apology, but McMahon's bare ass in a thong being kissed is main event segment TV?
Old 10-09-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bravesmg
So an accidental shot of Regal's ass gets a front page apology, but McMahon's bare ass in a thong being kissed is main event segment TV?
Don't forget the close-ups of Big Show's ass as McMahon tossed his salad. That got a lot of air time on Raw.
Old 10-09-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Don't forget the close-ups of Big Show's ass as McMahon tossed his salad. That got a lot of air time on Raw.
good point, and a bloody ass at that...
Old 10-09-06, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not so much Regal's bum, but the quick shot of his penis.

In related news, Bruno Sammartino's head exploded.
Old 10-09-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm going to the TNA TV tapings tonight at Universal Studios, should be interesting. Hopefully I will get there early and have time to go on the Spiderman ride! he he I love Orlando!
Old 10-09-06, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by turborobb

I'm going to the TNA TV tapings tonight at Universal Studios, should be interesting. Hopefully I will get there early and have time to go on the Spiderman ride! he he I love Orlando!
I hate you... God I miss Orlando...
Old 10-09-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What's the over/under of the McMahons returning tonight, with a 30+ minute segment?
Old 10-09-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So will this be the typical 3 hours of Raw and only 4 matches?
Old 10-09-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You could see Regal's cock on the PPV. If anyone wants I'll put a link to a pic. If no one wants to see that I don't blame you...
Old 10-09-06, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
So will this be the typical 3 hours of Raw and only 4 matches?
Probably. I'll bet this is going to mostly be setting up for this Cyber Sunday PPV thing. I have a feeling that it'll be all inter-promotional.
Old 10-09-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i didn't see the ppv, but in the segment, was the so called frontal nudity an accident from a bad camera angle, or did regal drop his towel.
Old 10-09-06, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.golddagger.com/images/member.jpg
Old 10-09-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like I was wrong about Raw being all inter-promotional matches, as the teaser on USA is announcing a 6-man tag featuring all Smackdown talent and Cade & Murdoch challenging DX in a street fight.

Bah. No pitiful WWE street fight can compare with what I saw on Saturday night.
Old 10-09-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No pitiful WWE street fight can compare with what I saw on Saturday night
Like ANYTHING WWE related could?!?

I am hoping that is not the official new theme for Raw. I am too used to the previous theme. Was that Papa Roach? Bleh.
Old 10-09-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes it is the new theme to RAW.
Old 10-09-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Somebody please explain to me why Cade and Murdoch, who have gotten numerous pushes already, are getting yet another one, while the Highlanders, who were actually starting to get over a couple of months ago, are regulated to jobbing to the Spirit Squad, and being squashed by anything that moves?
Old 10-09-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

oh god no.....why tna?

Spoiler:
Jake Roberts made his TNA debut tonight during the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida, coming during a brawl between those involved in the Bound for Glory Monster's Ball match. Roberts DDT'd Brother Runt and intimated he would be a "guide" for the Monster's Ball match at the PPV. Roberts had been petitioning hard the last several months to get into TNA, although he had been met with resistance due to his past track record. Obviously, the company decided to take a chance
Old 10-09-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yay for cock jokes.
Old 10-09-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
oh god no.....why tna?

Spoiler:
Jake Roberts made his TNA debut tonight during the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida, coming during a brawl between those involved in the Bound for Glory Monster's Ball match. Roberts DDT'd Brother Runt and intimated he would be a "guide" for the Monster's Ball match at the PPV. Roberts had been petitioning hard the last several months to get into TNA, although he had been met with resistance due to his past track record. Obviously, the company decided to take a chance
Jake needed some coke money.
Old 10-09-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Somebody please explain to me why Cade and Murdoch, who have gotten numerous pushes already, are getting yet another one, while the Highlanders, who were actually starting to get over a couple of months ago, are regulated to jobbing to the Spirit Squad, and being squashed by anything that moves?
I dunno, I wouldn't call getting squashed by DX a push.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.