Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

WWE Firings (the annual summertime roster budget cut)

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 07-05-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Six Superstars Released
July 5, 2005

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to agreements on the release of the following Superstars, WWE would like to wish them the best in their future endeavors.

* Mark Jindrak
* Maven
* Shannon Moore
* James Yun (Akio)
* David Heath (Gangrel)
* Billy Kidman

Updated: also released

* Spike Dudley
* Kevin Fertig

Last edited by GuessWho; 07-05-05 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 08:51 PM

At least it looks like they're being serious about the cruiserweight revival....
Old 07-05-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is Torrie Wilson still with the WWE or will she leave with her husband?
Old 07-05-05, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can they take Carlito with them?
Old 07-05-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Can they take Carlito with them?
that's not cool!
Old 07-05-05, 11:13 PM

Spike Dudley and Kevin Fertig (aka Mordecai) have been released by WWE.
Old 07-05-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Carlito is funny as hell.... keep his a$$
Old 07-05-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
Carlito is funny as hell.... keep his a$$
Old 07-06-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Torrie's still with WWE. Surprised Kidman got the cut. Guess they're not playing around.
Old 07-06-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also just an IMO. I'd give those 8 guys up anyday to get Juventud, Super Crazy and Psicosis in return.
Old 07-06-05, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I heard that Brock Lesnar has asked Vince to take him back.He did come to Japan but did not sign any contract.Just sat there with his grandma and watched a wrestling show.
Old 07-06-05, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I also heard Lesnar is coming back. I never got to see him wrestle, I heard he was a beast, so I am hoping he does return.

As for the firings, well Maven was let go since his unofficial tag team partner Simon Dean was traded to Smackdown, Jindrak's unofficial tag team partner Luther Reigns was let go awhile ago as well. Spike Dudley hasn't done much lately besides making a cameo at the ECW One Night Stand. Kidman hasn't been around at all. The rest I never heard of.

Interesting fact...Maven is a former "Tough Enough" winner. I wonder if Daniel Puder (the most recent winner) will be fired soon as well. The Tough Enough competition is dumber then the Diva Search.
Old 07-06-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a little surprised about the release of Maven, Spike, & Kidman. I guess if they want glorified jobbers, they want to pay them jobber salaries.
Old 07-06-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Surprised at Maven..... he would have been great. Kidman too but the rest sucked.
Old 07-06-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Maven is a former "Tough Enough" winner. I wonder if Daniel Puder (the most recent winner) will be fired soon as well. The Tough Enough competition is dumber then the Diva Search.
Maven is from the MTV version of Tough Enough, which was not the dumb crossdressing crap they do now. It was months of actual in-ring training and eliminations decided by an expert, not by online polls.

Big difference.
Old 07-06-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They better keep Torrie Wilson..... she is so hot.....They should have let go of La Resistance....
Old 07-06-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
The Tough Enough competition is dumber then the Diva Search.
NOTHING is dumber than the Diva Search.
Old 07-06-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mabel.... he has a fan base now but Chris Crapster is horrible....... no charisma, no way of talking, nothing...

Spike dudley and Shannon Moore can draw more then he can take steriods
Old 07-06-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
They're keeping HHH around?
Old 07-06-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, Nidia got let go a while ago, so it looks like Tough Enough's kinda a bust. It's really hard for these guys to get any kind of respect from the other wrestlers (and some fans) when they haven't had to do the indy shows and all the other stuff that comes with working their way up the ranks. He also very rarely got any kind of big crowd reaction.

In fact, none of these guys have been particularly "over" with the crowd. I mean, I respect Shannon Moore and Kidman's ability to work in the ring, but hardly anyone will miss them (Torrie excluded). Spike's the exception, but he's not the protypical McMahon guy anyway.
Old 07-06-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BROCK LESNAR TALKING WITH WWE ABOUT RETURNING TO WRESTLING
by Dave Scherer @ 12:19:00 PM on 7/6/2005

On the top of the WWE.com site today, it now says, "BREAKING NEWS: Brock Lesnar to meet with WWE officials".

From what sources close to the situation have told me, Lesnar has actually been in talks with WWE for at least the last week. I have heard that he is expected to return shortly to the company.

Lesnar recently sued WWE trying to get out of the long-term no-compete contract that he signed when he left the company after WrestleMania in 2004. As mentioned above, the sides have been talking and with WWE's acknowledgment of that, I expect him to return sooner rather than later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never say never in this wrestling world...... Lesner will get pushed and then people will leave WWE.
Old 07-06-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I
I'm surprised about Maven. Just a few months ago, they were flirting with the idea of him joining Evolution. I saw incredible potential for him.
Yeah that's funny, isn't it? What a turnaround. I think he would've been great in RKO's spot in Evolution. Oh well. They're freeing up some cash to pay for that fuck Lesnar. Vince McMahon usually lets bygones be bygones when there's money to make. He should starve him for another year before letting him come back.
Old 07-06-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sad to let go of Kidman, but I guess with Johnny Nitro having the ability to do a standing shooting star press, Kidman could be let go. Kidman is certainly more entertaining than Paul London tho very similar in look.

And I like the luchadors WITH their mask a lot better than without.

And I thought they'd keep Spike and have him at least come out with Bubba and D-Von.

So the only Tough Enough people left are Josh and Nitro?
Old 07-06-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE RELEASES ANOTHER WRESTLER; NINTH IN 24-HOUR PERIOD
by Buck Woodward @ 1:45:00 PM on 7/6/2005

According to Matt Morgan's official website, http://www.matt-morgan.org/, Morgan has been released by WWE, making him the ninth wrestler in 24 hours to be let go by the company. A statement from Matt's webmaster Kerrie read as follows:

I just got off the phone with Matt, and he has told me WWE called him just a little while ago and released him from his contract. With the recent 9 releases including Mark Jindrak, Maven, Billy Kidman, Mark Lloyd, Gangrel, Mordecai (Kevin Fertig), Akio, Spike Dudley. Matt making it 10th this is a shocker.

I cant put into words how mad I am at the WWE for doing this.. Matt still wants to keep the site up, and im still going to continue to run it, so I hope you all stick by the site, and remain being visitors. What’s next for Matt? time will tell...

Matt’s final Appearance will be this Thursday on Smackdown…if the WWE even chooses to air the segment as planned.

Morgan had recently been brought back up from Ohio Valley Wrestling and placed on the Smackdown roster. He was given a stuttering gimmick, but was also given a mid-card push, putting The Big Show down on several occasions with Brock Lesnar's finisher, the F-5. He was also briefly paired as the bodyguard of Carlito Caribbean Cool before the draft lottery separated them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess since brock is back, there is only room for 1 F-5.
Old 07-06-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They might as well fire some more people. They obviously don't NEED wrestlers when 30+ minutes of a show is reserved for diva searching.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.