Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Releases Matt Hardy & Rhyno

Old 04-11-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE Releases Matt Hardy & Rhyno

WWE.com:
Matt Hardy and Rhyno have been released. World Wrestling Entertainment wishes them the best in their future endeavors.
This truly stinks for Matt Hardy. It's clear that they didn't want him back in the lockerroom and risk any incidents with Edge. It's unfortunate that the victim here is also the real-world victim and not the adulturer.
Old 04-11-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't believe they let Matt Hardy go, He got such a bum deal....I hope Edge gets his someday

Rhyno should have probably been let go a long time ago though
Old 04-11-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the final straw with Rhyno is that he had a very public fight with his wife during WM week and busted a planter in a hotel lobby. Not that he contributed much to RAW anyway.

If Matt Hardy was let go just because they didn't want any friction in the locker room, then that sucks big time.
Old 04-11-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Poor matt, but to be honest with you, he really didnt have good matches since his return to raw. His gimmick got lame and didnt have any purpose.

Rhyno had the potential but just was a moron.... good riddance
Old 04-11-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Read on a wrestling gossip site
  • Randy Orton has been telling people that he will be going to Smackdown once he recovers from surgery.
  • Rumours are going around that Edge will be moving to Smackdown too. It's not sure if Leeeeeeeeeta's going with him, but all will be known once the draft happens.
Old 04-11-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Orton has been pissing off the Divas on Raw, so I guess that is why he's going to Smackdown.

He'll most likely be sent to Smackdown in the upcoming draft.
Old 04-11-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

hey rogue....when is the draft
Old 04-11-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

why has he been pissing off the divas on raw?
Old 04-11-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I heard that none of them like him. One new Diva (not sure which one) said he got mad at her when she said she had never heard of him or something, and he threatened her. He also did something to her personal belongings, ruined them or something or other.

He's also a dick with the fans, and even his fellow wrestlers are getting tired of him. Probably all part of him turning heel.
Old 04-11-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by raven56706
hey rogue....when is the draft
I heard it was April 18th at the Raw/Smackdown Supershow in NY.
Old 04-11-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He is an awesome wrestler.... maybe alittle to cocky but awesome
Old 04-11-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Randy Orton... "awesome wrestler"...

Old 04-11-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Randy Orton... "awesome wrestler"...

Orton is pretty good, he's just been losing alot lately.
Old 04-11-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
He also did something to her personal belongings, ruined them or something or other.
For some reason, wrestlers are obsessed with taking a shit in each others' gym bags. Yes, actually defecating. Or in someone else's food.
Old 04-11-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eat shit....... no literally eat my shit..
Old 04-11-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I heard that none of them like him. One new Diva (not sure which one) said he got mad at her when she said she had never heard of him or something, and he threatened her. He also did something to her personal belongings, ruined them or something or other.

He's also a dick with the fans, and even his fellow wrestlers are getting tired of him. Probably all part of him turning heel.
wrestlers are infamous for "ribbing" on each other like that, especially to initiate new talent. It's similar to hazing. Not sure if the rules are different for female wrestlers, especially these new Divas who don't wrestle much at all... I had thought that he was hitting on them or something...

I guess Matt can join Jeff in TNN now. Loved them as a tag team, but neither got much of a push as singles wrestlers, as opposed to their nemeses, Edge and Christian.
Old 04-11-05, 03:31 PM

I haven't watched wrestling in a couple of years. Can you guys get me up to speed on the whole Edge and Matt Hardy dilema. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

About a month ago, it was made public that in real life, Edge has been having an affair with Lita... who happened to be Matt's girlfriend of 5-6 years. Edge is married, but I don't expect that to last long now either (it's his 2nd wife; his first was Val Venis' sister).

When the news broke, Edge was greeted by fans on raw with several "You Screwed Matt!" chants and signs.

Last edited by GuessWho; 04-11-05 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-11-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man...with all of these wrestlers being let go over the last year or so isn't about time the brand split ended? I am just hoping NWATNA can get to a point where they are real competiton for the WWE...
Old 04-11-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
Man...with all of these wrestlers being let go over the last year or so isn't about time the brand split ended? I am just hoping NWATNA can get to a point where they are real competiton for the WWE...
Maybe they can move over to Spike now...
Old 04-11-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The early word I am getting on Matt Hardy's release is that the major reason he was let go is due to how he handled the situation with Lita and Edge, which of course he went very public with on his website.

A few readers sent word that Eric Bischoff's wife is part of a "Real Life Desperate Housewives" pictorial in this month's Playboy magazine. In talking with a few people that know, they told me that it's definitely her. EB is a lucky man.
Old 04-11-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the brand split were to end you can totally forget about seeing guys like Shelton Benjamin, Rey Mysterio, Maven, Paul London, Tajiri, and everyone else not at main event level, on any show except Velocity ever again.
Old 04-11-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
If the brand split were to end you can totally forget about seeing guys like Shelton Benjamin, Rey Mysterio, Maven, Paul London, Tajiri, and everyone else not at main event level, on any show except Velocity ever again.
Fine with me... everybody above makes me change the channel anyway
Old 04-11-05, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sadly those guys will probably never hit the big time with Vince's promotion anyway...very few guys below Gigantor status have had successful singles runs...those type of guys have always had better careers in other promotions.
Old 04-11-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
Sadly those guys will probably never hit the big time with Vince's promotion anyway...very few guys below Gigantor status have had successful singles runs...those type of guys have always had better careers in other promotions.
Ah, Benoit and Jericho and Eddie are about as big as Benjamin, and they've had pretty good runs. The cruiserweight guys, though, I agree, it seems like if you're not Mysterio, you're out of the spotlight to showcase guys like Heidenreich and "the Masterpiece." At least smackdown has a cruiserweight division now...

I can see the common fan only marking out for the big name stars, but sometimes what they fail to realize is that there always need to be up and coming stars, and you don't get that by not having new guys come in and slowly build up a fan following. HHH, the Rock, and Stone Cold all were stuck with pretty crappy gimmicks early in their careers, but were able to develop personalities that endeared themselves to the public (and they were the right size for Vince to push, too). People complain that maybe Cena and Batista aren't ready to carry the torch, but those are the same people complaining that HHH is dominating Raw and JBL still has the title.

Right now WWE is missing that Rock/SCSA star that will bring wrestling back to the mainstream, but at least now they're working at it. Much better than bringing in all the old, recognizable wrestlers and having them dominate in their old age (which is my major complaint with TNA: all the main eventers are ex-WWE who are just brought in. It seems like whoever's available gets a shot at the title next. I half expect Matt Hardy or Rhyno to debut on TNA next week and get a shot at Jarret at the next PPV. X-division is great, though).

Last edited by fujishig; 04-11-05 at 07:53 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.