Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

A's vs Giants

Old 04-01-05, 01:03 PM
Banned

A's vs Giants

anyone here see the game yesterday with the GiAnts and the Oakland A's

man, it was a hecka cool game that lasted 10 inning, until the Giants finally won.....
Old 04-02-05, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The A's are gonna be hurting bad this season. Too many changes. For the first time since the mid 90's I'm not looking forward to the season.
Old 04-02-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
The A's are gonna be hurting bad this season. Too many changes. For the first time since the mid 90's I'm not looking forward to the season.
Maybe so for this year, but they are pretty stacked for the future.
Old 04-02-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Maybe so for this year, but they are pretty stacked for the future.
That's what you would think. But look at what happened to the young talent the A's have had in the past. We build it then trade it away because it gets too expensive come arbitration time. What did we shell out to keep recently, Durazo (fine hitter but worth that much?), Chavez (must be the franchise player, but still not what anyone thinks of first when it comes to 3rd baseman), and Zito (arguably the worst of the premier big three from last season). We do well with the young and cheap talent, but until the owners want to start spending more to be able to keep the talent they form, the A's are going to be lacking. Hopefully the new owner's are rich enough to do that, though the previous owners were the perfect fit for the style of the A's. I was sad to hear about the sale.
Old 04-04-05, 05:49 PM
Banned

the only reason why they are gonna be so bad this year is because they got rid of all their good starters!

meh they might have a chance since they have Kendal, Chavez, and Brynes

realistically the Angels are gonna win in the West, but I'm still rooting for the A's