WWE Raw Preview 6/2/03

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

WWE Raw Preview 6/2/03

Old 06-02-03, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWE Raw Preview 6/2/03

courtesy of wwe.com

RAW is live this Monday night from San Diego, Calif., airing at 9/8 CT on TNN.
Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel has only been around for a few weeks, but it's already lived up to its name. Jericho has announced that his guest this week will be none other than The Rock! What will the "Great One" have to say? Find out this Monday night!

Plus, Jericho ran like a scalded dog to get away from Goldberg after spraying him in the eyes and blinding him last week. Will Goldberg catch up with Jericho this week? You can bet he'll be on the hunt.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Eric Bischoff are competing to put on a fantastic Bad Blood show -- and the fans are turning out to be the true winners! We already know that we'll see the co-GMs in competition, a Hell in a Cell, an Intercontinental Title Match, a Tag Team Championship encounter, Chris Jericho vs. Goldberg and more! What else will Austin and Bischoff announce for the show? What exactly will be the competition that these two GMs engage in?

There were also several unanswered questions coming out of last week's RAW. For example, why would Christopher Nowinski (a white boy) help Rodney Mack and Theodore Long? And why would Test put Stacy Keibler into harm's way? Perhaps we'll find out this Monday night on RAW, airing at 9/8 CT on The New TNN.
Old 06-02-03, 08:34 AM
Banned

After years of Vince McMahon passing on using a racial angle for one of his talents, he decides to sign-off on this. Is there anything that this man won't try?
Old 06-02-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hate the whole racist angle. I feel it's about as low as Triple H humping the dead body, except this one won't go away.
Old 06-02-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Originally posted by pixyboi
I really hate the whole racist angle. I feel it's about as low as Triple H humping the dead body, except this one won't go away.
Did you feel any different about the Iron Sheik playing up race? Or the Volkoffs/Khrushchevs/etc. playing up nations/politics? It's just more of the same IMHO -- cheap heat for the heels.
Old 06-02-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
??? HHH humped a dead body? (I thought that only appeared on CSI: Miami.)

Please enlighten me... I haven't watched wrestling since Goldberg punched out that window and cut his arm...
Old 06-02-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by weargle
Did you feel any different about the Iron Sheik playing up race? Or the Volkoffs/Khrushchevs/etc. playing up nations/politics? It's just more of the same IMHO -- cheap heat for the heels.
I wasn't around for any of that.. I'm a n00b!
Old 06-02-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Goldberg74
??? HHH humped a dead body? (I thought that only appeared on CSI: Miami.)

Please enlighten me... I haven't watched wrestling since Goldberg punched out that window and cut his arm...
There was this HHH/Kane feud sometime ago and part of it was HHH claiming that in his childhood Kane killed some girl in a car wreck and than had sex with her dead body. So he claimed to have a tape with this footage and it was Triple H in a Kane mask humping a mannequien and the punchline was he grab this pile of goop from the coffin and said "I screwed your brains out!"..
Old 06-02-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
I wasn't around for any of that.. I'm a n00b!
Well smack my fro and call me Shaniqua.
Old 06-02-03, 02:49 PM
Banned

There was this HHH/Kane feud sometime ago and part of it was HHH claiming that in his childhood Kane killed some girl in a car wreck and than had sex with her dead body. So he claimed to have a tape with this footage and it was Triple H in a Kane mask humping a mannequien and the punchline was he grab this pile of goop from the coffin and said "I screwed your brains out!"..
Right there was one of the lowest moments in WWF/WWE history; bar none.
Old 06-02-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by narcissist
Right there was one of the lowest moments in WWF/WWE history; bar none.
I've been watching for 2 years and I don't think I could fathom anything being lower.
Old 06-02-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been watching for 2 years and I don't think I could fathom anything being lower.
The next week when Kane kidnapped Trips and then the trunk came undone when he drove away. The week after that, JR explained that Trips somehow managed to get the trunk unlocked, but Kane caught him again. Then, Kane showed a video of a fake Triple HHH having items (rather sizable things, too) removed from his behind.

That was slightly lower, but not by much.
Old 06-02-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
"The puppies are flyin' tonight!"

Pretty good divas tag match. [and short]

I realize that there's a semi-regular contingent here that bash Trish and i'm not going to go all mcbg1 or Rocky_Stallone on ya...but, damn she always seems to be gettin her ass kicked more than the other divas.

...or perhaps i'm paying more attention to her than the other divas?

BTW...wassup with having to hear Jazz's music and not Vicky's? I realize t.A.T.u have probably hit minute number 15, but still...
Old 06-02-03, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm still waiting for the return of Molly to the forefront. She is too underutilized.

Was it just me or did Flair just yell, "Jesus Christ, I'm the greatest there ever was"?

Check that, the "You are going to be my B*tch" might have topped that.
Old 06-02-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by DGibFen
Check that, the "You are going to be my B*tch" might have topped that.
Yeah, and hearing HBK's music right after he said that almost makes me believe he'll be his b*tch tonite...
Old 06-02-03, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In case you missed it, they announced that Classy Freddy Blassie died about an hour ago.

He was just on RAW about two-three weeks ago, and the crowd ate it up.

Kinda a downer on the night...
Old 06-03-03, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

HI guys. Wonder if you could help me out. My VHS went haywire and only taped the last hour. I was wondering if anyone here can make me a copy? I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-03-03, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I totally forgot to record the show as well. Very pissed.

Seems like everybody was down due to the Blassie report.
Old 06-03-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good show tonight. Flair was at his best with that promo. It's about time he's getting a chance to show why he was one of the best talkers in the business. Very intense.
Austin trying to get a rise out of Kane was well played out too. I guess Kane will find his "inner fire" when they lose the tag belts at Bad Blood.
Great women's match! When was the last time that was said?
I'm not sure what happened at the end of the main event. Why did Hebner stop counting, and why did he not explain himself? Maybe it was an error on his part and he just ignored it.
OMG does Nash suck! Elbow in the corner on Aitch, elbow, elbow, steps back and makes a show of measuring him as if a big move is coming and then...another elbow. He makes Goldberg look like Ricky Steamboat.

Who's gonna be the special ref? Foley? It depends. Does that hypocrite have a book about to be published?

Honk!
Old 06-03-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Booker T and the Rock... the new Harlem Heat?
Old 06-03-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Face Rock: .. what a waste of time.
Old 06-03-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Many fans might have noticed last night on Raw that the finish to the main event 6-man tag match didn't go quite right. Apparently, Hurricane was supposed to get the pin and the victory for his team. However, Earl Hebner forgot what the set finish was and went to count the 3 when Orton covered Hurricane. However, he stopped just before 3 when he realized his mistake and in the end, just signaled for the end of the match. Hebner isn't in any trouble because of the botched finish but WWE officals are disappointed that the match didn't end like planned.

Credit: PWTorch.com
Old 06-03-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was lucky enought to be at Raw live here in SAn Diego. Still wondering if anyone can make me a vhs copy of the show. Thanks
Old 06-03-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
What about Mae Young giving birth to that hand...
Old 06-04-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Missed it.. sounds like it could be a contender, but having Triple H in this segment gives it automatic low points.
Old 06-04-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, that was terrible but it was done as a comedy bit. The Katie Vick fiasco was supposed to be the angle leading to a PPV main event. The position it was given makes it much worse than the Mae Young skit.

Honk!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.