Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Miami Dolphins - Masters of the Choke

Old 12-30-02, 12:01 AM

Miami Dolphins - Masters of the Choke

It is bad enough that the Dolphins lost and are not going to the playoffs, but the way they dominated that game and still lost is a special talent that the Dolphins have to out perform an opponent and still lose the game. considering they have a good defense and the top runner in the NFL and still don't make the playoffs is a good indicator that maybe a coaching change would be in order. I am tired of watching the Dolphins start great and then fade and either lose in the first round or not even make the playoffs, they need a change in leadership.

Screw Dave Wannstedt!!!! give Norv Turner the Job!!!!!!

Atleast I still have the Raiders to watch.

GO Raiders !!!!
Old 12-30-02, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry, but I just found that funny that they didn't even make the playoffs. They were expected to be, well, better than they were. I thought at least to make it to the AFC Championship. But they didn't, and for them not to even get a playoff berth is just sad. But I wouldn't go just pointing fingers at Dave Wannstedt. He's done a pretty good job. But not this year I guess
Old 12-30-02, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

amen brother.. as soon as they get my hopes up.. they stink it up again. i wish they would stop playing with my emotions.. i should have known better than to start watching them again after Marino retired.

Mark Royals better start wearing a bullet proof vest when he returns to Miami.
Old 12-30-02, 12:29 AM

Dave Wannstedt may have a good win to lose ratio and they may have a good team but he has shown that when it is a big game they find a way to lose. I am very tired of watching the Dolphins all year just to have them pull something like this. They do this all the time and they need to make some changes, this has been going on even before Dave Wannstedt was coach but he has not proven that he can win a big game so I say give someone else a shot. Atleast they can't lose in the first round or pull out a stunning 62-7 loss this year
Old 12-30-02, 12:48 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

As a Bears fan and having lived through the Dave Wannstedt era here I know what your going through. Just be glad he doesn't have total control of the roster like he did here. He ran our drafts here the first couple of seasons here and with 2 top ten picks got us Curtis Conway and John Thierry We still haven't recovered from him.

I still laugh when I think about when he was fired here and Jimmy Johnson was outraged that he got canned here when he was pathetic as he was.
Old 12-30-02, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Vikes are masters of the choke. The Dolphins must have been watching a lot of Viking film reels to learn how to choke when it counted most.
Old 12-30-02, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Originally posted by Iron Chef
The Vikes are masters of the choke. The Dolphins must have been watching a lot of Viking film reels to learn how to choke when it counted most.
Seeing as how the Dolphins choked even in the Vikings game they must now be deemed the new masters.
Old 12-30-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If Norv Turner gets the Dolphins job expect more of the same. Take it from a Skins fan
Old 12-30-02, 02:42 PM
Banned

I don't care who will be the coach next year,just as long as it aint Wannstedt. Unbefrigginliveable How is it that you could have the best rusher in the league,best defensive player and one of the best defenses in the league and not make the playoffs. There's something wrong when you have all that star talent and go 9-7. They just flat out quit yesterday.With 5 minutes left up by 11 and you lose. WTF? Only the Dolphins,only the Dolphins.Changes must be made. People must be fired. I can't believe those crappy play calls when we had the ball up by 3 in our own territiory,not once did we give it to Ricky. And that botched punt. WTF? He's Gone.Every time were up big the defense always quits. They either commit crappy penalties or just let the other team get free yards.But when were early in the game they always play great.It's at the end when they choke. Us Dolphin fans have had it with this sh*t.Changes must be made or else we will start rioting. Man i wish i was at the airport when the teamed returned.I would have start throwing rocks at the team and telling them "you can't catch a football,well let's see if you can catch a rock". Just like in that Simpsons episode. But like Bluntman said,at least now we won't be humiliated in the playoffs like the years before.
Old 12-30-02, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Miami Dolphins - Masters of the Choke

Originally posted by bluntman72

Screw Dave Wannstedt!!!! give Norv Turner the Job!!!!!!

Be careful what you wish for...you may get it.

Take it from a Skins fan - you do not want Norv Turner as your head coach.
Old 12-30-02, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Iron Chef
The Vikes are masters of the choke.
Oh, sure, pick on the 6-10 Vikes just because your team lost to an average Jet team

But I sadly agree with you

Just look at the 2 NFC Title games
Old 12-30-02, 05:01 PM

I don't really care who coaches them as long as it is not Wannstedt. and we also need a real backup QB, what are we paying lucas for?

Actually the Jets should still be paying Lucas since he did more to help them than the Dolphins.
Old 12-30-02, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldn't be happier that the Raiders won't have to face Miami and their secondary. Miami's D and punter choked, but Wannstedt was plain stupid.

Miami has the ball, the lead, and the leagues leading rusher who already has 170+ yards with 2 minutes to go and runs 3 straight pass plays? Only 30 or so seconds off the clock and NE keeps it's timeouts. That was an unbelievably stupid coaching decision.
Old 12-30-02, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Da Thrilla

*doing the dirty bird dance*
Old 12-30-02, 06:15 PM

Yeah Dolphins D choked, the coach made the bad calls and the Punter screwed up.

Glad I am also a Raiders fan so I have something to watch
Old 12-30-02, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by twikoff
*doing the dirty bird dance*

I don't
Old 12-31-02, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, sure, pick on the 6-10 Vikes just because your team lost to an average Jet team

One of the best days of my life

As opposed to the following weekend, which was the worst.

Old 12-31-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by johnglass
One of the best days of my life

As opposed to the following weekend, which was the worst.

That was an actual cover?!?

That wasn't as bad as the '98 game (still not over it to this day )
Old 12-31-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

C'mon Dolphin fans, get your chin up! Things are going to get better, the Dolphins can't choke every season, can they?

Click on this it'll make you feel better.
Old 12-31-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was an actual cover?!?

That wasn't as bad as the '98 game (still not over it to this day )
Sure was, I can take a picture of it framed in my office if you like (ok, so I live in the past!).

With the Giants being my favorite team, and the Falcons a close second, the Minnesota Vikings have a special place in my heart.
Old 12-31-02, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sure was, I can take a picture of it framed in my office if you like (ok, so I live in the past!).

With the Giants being my favorite team, and the Falcons a close second, the Minnesota Vikings have a special place in my heart.
Well, that's good *shrug*

Old 12-31-02, 12:49 AM
Banned

C'mon Dolphin fans, get your chin up! Things are going to get better, the Dolphins can't choke every season, can they?

Click on this it'll make you feel better.
Yeah your right.Things will be better next year. As long as we fire Wannstedt we could be one of the best teams in the league.
Old 12-31-02, 12:53 AM

Skins Fan Here
Why would any Dolphin fan want Norv to coach your team?

Who do you think was calling the offensive plays late in the game?

I can only hope Norv coaches the cowboys. This would be Jerry Jones Puppet #4 , after Switzer , Galey, and Campo.
Old 12-31-02, 01:14 AM
Banned

Originally posted by rskinfn

Why would any Dolphin fan want Norv to coach your team?

Hey,i don't want that has-been either.
Old 12-31-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Let's see. Ken Stabler, as he is apparently being sacked floats an awful looking wounded duck pass in the end zone to Clarence Davis who is surrounded by about six Dolphins and somehow manages to catch it to give the Raiders a 28-26 win over the two time defending Superbowl champions in a 1974 Divisional playoff game.

Yeah, ever since then, to a Dolphin fan anyway, it feels like they have choked every year.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.