Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

For Wrestling Fans - Lesnar's Shooting Star Press !

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 10-24-02, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

amazing hey

Old 10-24-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shooting Brock Press. And yes, he is an amazing athlete.
Old 10-25-02, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

eh.
Old 10-25-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. I have heard so many times that he could do a shooting star, but I never saw it, so I was beginning to doubt it.

Honk!
Old 10-25-02, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

whoa. when did this happen?
Old 10-25-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Who's on the mat?
Old 10-25-02, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

that fool got some height on that jump
Old 10-25-02, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SImply amazing for a man that size
Old 03-31-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bringing this one back from the grave as a tribute to his match last night (and for people to see he can actually pull it off).
Old 03-31-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn, even when faked, it's still gotta hurt to be on the recieving end of that...
Old 03-31-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

d'oh! i thought this was a new thread with last night's ssp!
Old 03-31-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Damn, even when faked, it's still gotta hurt to be on the recieving end of that...
It'd also hurt to be doing it, especially after last night.
Old 03-31-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mkdevo
d'oh! i thought this was a new thread with last night's ssp!
Well we can make it new from last night. Let's discuss.

I knew as soon as Lesnar did not cover Angle after the 2nd F-5, I knew it was coming, and I was so excited, there were like 16 people over and I was like "OH **** HE'S GOING TO SHOOTING STAR PRESS!", of course the reasction was "You're kidding!".. man. I am still in shock over what happened. He landed on his friggin FOREHEAD, completely vertical. Think about it, what if Kurt had not seen it coming and didn't move?! Brock coud've landed on his neck and possibly paralyzed the both of them. Man..

IIRC, Brock came into WWE the day after WM 18.. so they held off on that move for an entire year.. if you think about it, he botched the biggest single spot of his career. That was supposed to be his big finish once the F-5 was kicked out of. Sure he can do it again, but it won't be a surprise to most, as they've seen him at least attempt it, and of course it won't be at Wrestlemania.

I hope he's okay, because with all the crap the WWE is pushing right now, Brock is a shining star.
Old 03-31-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You mean "shooting star", pixyboi
Old 03-31-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
IIRC, Brock came into WWE the day after WM 18.. so they held off on that move for an entire year.. if you think about it, he botched the biggest single spot of his career. That was supposed to be his big finish once the F-5 was kicked out of. Sure he can do it again, but it won't be a surprise to most, as they've seen him at least attempt it, and of course it won't be at Wrestlemania.
well put, and i agree 100%. very unfortunate the way it went down.. but there are just a couple things i don't understand -

we all saw how far away kurt was, and knew that it was gonna be close to impossible for brock to get that kind of distance. so, why didn't:

a) brock either climb to the top of the closer corner (i'm guessing this would be because the main camera would then be at his back)?

b) brock give angle a little 'kick-shove' to kind of roll him a little closer to the corner he was going for?

c) angle do a little 'i'm-hurt-desperation-roll-over' towards the corner brock was going to?

i mean, i blame it more on brock than i do on kurt, because it was brock's job to set the move up... but when brock's inexperience made him fail on a & b, that's when kurt's experience should have taken over with c... instead we almost lost 2 of the WWE's best for good.

i would imagine vince isn't too happy about what went down either, and i don't know that he'll let brock try the SSP anytime in the near future...
Old 03-31-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Instead of going to a closer turnbuckle, he goes to the absolute farthest........rookie
Old 03-31-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by edytwinky
Instead of going to a closer turnbuckle, he goes to the absolute farthest........rookie
like i said, i think that had mainly to do with camera positioning... the crew knew he'd be going up in that corner, so that's where he went...

i just don't think brock realized how far away kurt was until he got all the way to the top... i think he was nervous about the move to begin with and not really thinking about where kurt was.. of course, by the time he got to the top, there was no turning back, and he couldn't very well go for a flying-benoit-headbutt...
Old 03-31-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

......or the Macho Man elbow drop
Old 03-31-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup, I would also agree that it was staged to take place there for the best camera angle. I'd be nice to get an interview from the 2 of them and maybe we can hear what they think went wrong. It's possible that it was MEANT to be that far away.. if you watch the move over you can see Brock stumble a bit on the top rope which may have had some impact on the distance he caught. Distance wise he was pretty damn close and I think Angle saw him landing wrong a moved slightly as well. More than anything I think the botch came from him not getting enough "spin" on his flip. I'll have to catch the tape my friend made and try to look over it again, or if somebody else has this footage..?
Old 03-31-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
It'd be nice to get an interview from the 2 of them and maybe we can hear what they think went wrong.
yes it would... unfortunately, i don't think we'll even see/hear this mentioned on smackdown, and our only chance of hearing about it again (officially) would prolly be on confidential... but i'm not holding my breath..
Old 03-31-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We may hear about it when Angle comes back from surgery and they do that whole comeback video montage, etc.
Old 03-31-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by edytwinky
We may hear about it when Angle comes back from surgery and they do that whole comeback video montage, etc.
The good news about that is he may only be out for 4-6 weeks as opposed to a year!! Check it out on www.wwe.com.

Yeah, I wouldn't count on seeing anything on SD! like an interview, that's not to say they won't at least show the move in the highlights. I'm sure if they want to keep that as something Brock can do, they'll find a creative way to play it off. I think the best thing would be interviews on the website. They're going to interview them regardless considering they were the main event, I'm positive both of them are going to talk about it.
Old 03-31-03, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice try though. I feel really bad he didn't hit it right. If he did, it could of meant another Creed music video with Brock Lesnar flying when the lyrics go "Above all the others we'll fly"
Old 03-31-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Angle was too far accross the ring

good effort, sad he missed it
Old 04-01-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

anybody find a clip of this online?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.