Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Please Kurt...don't come back early!

Old 10-04-02, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Please Kurt...don't come back early!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1003/1441010.html

Doctors say that injured St. Louis quarterback Kurt Warner won't be playing for at least two months, but the two-time MVP for the Rams is saying otherwise.

Warner said Thursday that he figures it'll take just five weeks for the broken little finger on his throwing hand to heal.

"I believe that it's going to be sooner," Warner said. "Last time I was out for just five weeks and came back. So I'm believing that it'll be at least that quick, if not quicker. I'm going to stand on that."

When Warner broke the same finger two years ago, he missed five games. But doctors who performed surgery on Warner's finger this week said the latest injury will take longer to heal because the finger was broken in three places and was displaced.

During the 55-minute surgery on Tuesday, doctors inserted four pins to stabilize the broken finger, injured in the first quarter of Sunday's 13-10 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

The pins will be removed in about six weeks and Warner will wear a splint on his right hand for most of that time.

The injury to the two-time league MVP was the latest blow for the defending NFC champions, who are 0-4, their worst start since 1963.
=======================

The season has pretty much gone to crap already, so there's no sense in coming back early...just let your damn thumb heal properly unless you want to worsen your TD-INT ratio of 1-8. Dumbass.

Oh, by the way, while you're on the sidelines with that headset and clipboard in your hands, tell that idiot Mike Martz to give the ball to Marshall Faulk more.

Old 10-04-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If the Rams are somehow 5-4 at that time maybe you'll see him come back. If they're like 1-8 or 2-7 they might as well let him sit out the rest of the season........
Old 10-04-02, 01:33 PM
Banned

Warner's a man of words. He vowed to get the Rams to the playoffs.
Old 10-05-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Playoffs?they be lucky to win a game let alone Playoffs,you need to win a game first before you can talk about the playoffs,the way Kurt Warner was throwing before his finger injury should show signs that this man is not the same he was before even before the injury,Rams had there day in the sun its time to move on.
Old 10-06-02, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow! what a responce for a guy that a few years ago everybody marveled at....
Old 10-06-02, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
Wow! what a responce for a guy that a few years ago everybody marveled at....
I agree! What a fairweather fan! Kurt Warner is one of the best QB's of all time. He's put together 3 extraordinary seasons. The guy has a cannon, accurate arm. He's had a bad start to this season. I wouldn't write him off yet. ****, he still has a 70% completion percentage this year.
Old 10-06-02, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by slymer
I agree! What a fairweather fan! Kurt Warner is one of the best QB's of all time. He's put together 3 extraordinary seasons. The guy has a cannon, accurate arm. He's had a bad start to this season. I wouldn't write him off yet. ****, he still has a 70% completion percentage this year.
I'm not a fairweather fan. I've never really liked Kurt Warner. The Rams are only my favorite team because of Marshall Faulk.

To call Kurt Warner one of the best QBs of all time is absolutely ludicrous. Is he a good QB? Yes. Has he had 3 of the most extraordinary seasons ever for a QB? Yes. Is he one of the best all time? No way. He's got to do it for more than 3 seasons to be mentioned in the same breath as Unitas, Elway, Marino, Montana, Fouts, Tarkenton, and others.

Completion percentage in and of itself means nothing. If you take a look at his other stats, you'll see that he has an incredibly low QB rating of 66.4, thanks to a TD:INT ratio of 1:8.

Even Quincy Carter has a better QB rating than Warner (75.3). To give you an idea of how horrendous a 66.4 rating is, Kordell Stewart has a rating of 65.7 so far this year.

Old 10-06-02, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Kurt helped me win a fantasy football league when I waiver wired him in week 2, when he first came out, but I don't love him (or own him this year).

He's had some excellent seasons, but great QB's (I'm thinking Mario, Montana, Elway) do is year after year, with changing supporting staffs and some changes to schemes. He's not shown that yet.
Old 10-07-02, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kurt is NOT one of the greatest QBs of our time.

I dont' care what his QB rating is.

He is a Good Starting QB..