Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

DVDTalk Fantasy Baseball Leagues: What happened?

Old 09-30-02, 11:24 PM

DVDTalk Fantasy Baseball Leagues: What happened?

Well who won all the different leagues. (This post somewhat inspired by the worshipful kvrdave. ). Here are the results that I know of:

Other League #4 (Yahoo)
Durango Wankers Champions. Led by manager LurkerDan the Wankers dominated the league and ran away with the crown. The Lithuanian Lightning, led by DarkElf, finished in second.

Otter Farm (Yahoo live draft)
Pharoh Strikes Back Champions. Luck all the way here.
The DarkElf Destroyers take second.

No Garden Gnomes Allowed (Yahoo)
kvrdave Champions.
Pacific Beach Surf, managed by perennial bridesmaid DarkElf, are the runnerup.

There were a few other leagues, so what happened there? Also why did you win or lose? And did twikoff come in last in all leagues? Just curious as to who all the victors were.
Old 09-30-02, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, DarkElf, pulling an Ernie Els, huh?
Old 10-01-02, 03:29 AM

Re: DVDTalk Fantasy Baseball Leagues: What happened?

Originally posted by Pharoh
Well who won all the different leagues. (This post somewhat inspired by the worshipful kvrdave. ). Here are the results that I know of:

Other League #4 (Yahoo)
Durango Wankers Champions. Led by manager LurkerDan the Wankers dominated the league and ran away with the crown. The Lithuanian Lightning, led by DarkElf, finished in second.

Otter Farm (Yahoo live draft)
Pharoh Strikes Back Champions. Luck all the way here.
The DarkElf Destroyers take second.

No Garden Gnomes Allowed (Yahoo)
kvrdave Champions.
Pacific Beach Surf, managed by perennial bridesmaid DarkElf, are the runnerup.

There were a few other leagues, so what happened there? Also why did you win or lose? And did twikoff come in last in all leagues? Just curious as to who all the victors were.
I was going to post the complete results for all 5 leagues tomorrow evening. I wanted to give Yahoo a few days to finalize the player stats. Maybe I'll do it before I go to bed tonight.

But yeah, I'm frickin sick and tired of being the bridesmaid in fantasy baseball. I came in 2nd and 4th in the other 2 leagues as well. But in terms of average finish, I am quite pleased.

Originally posted by criptik28
Wow, DarkElf, pulling an Ernie Els, huh?
Yep, did the same thing the previous years too. Always seem to come in 2nd, but I've yet to actually WIN a league.

Last edited by DarkElf; 10-01-02 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-01-02, 04:12 AM

Final Results

Congrats to all league winners!!!

League&nbsp1:&nbspdvdTalk&nbsp(Yahoo&nbsphead-to-head)

Rk&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspTeam&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspMoves&nbspTrades&nbsp&nbsp&nbspRecord&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspPct&nbsp&nbspGB
--&nbsp----------------------------------&nbsp-----&nbsp------&nbsp----------&nbsp----&nbsp----
&nbsp1&nbspDiggler's&nbspDenizens&nbsp(Big&nbspQuasimodo)&nbsp&nbsp109&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp6&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp165-&nbsp85-14&nbsp.652&nbsp&nbsp-
&nbsp2&nbspKazzers&nbsp(?)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp24&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp132-103-29&nbsp.555&nbsp25.5
&nbsp3&nbspNashville&nbspAutomatons&nbsp(planetaire)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp25&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp137-111-16&nbsp.549&nbsp27
&nbsp4&nbspSan&nbspDiego&nbspMadres&nbsp(DarkElf)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp136&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp128-111-25&nbsp.532&nbsp31.5
&nbsp5&nbspJumping&nbspBomb&nbspAngels&nbsp(wheredobo)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp20&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp130-118-16&nbsp.523&nbsp34
&nbsp6&nbspShaolinBaseball&nbsp(J-Dubya)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp17&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp128-118-18&nbsp.519&nbsp35
&nbsp7&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp10&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp126-118-20&nbsp.515&nbsp36
&nbsp8&nbspSpace&nbspCoyotes&nbsp(feenst)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp16&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp122-126-16&nbsp.492&nbsp42
&nbsp9&nbspTooHighRRRollers&nbsp(grrrah)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp16&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp111-127-26&nbsp.470&nbsp48
10&nbspAssorted&nbspVermin&nbsp(Metrodub)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp13&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp113-133-18&nbsp.462&nbsp50
11&nbspOthermike's&nbspStrokes&nbsp(othermike)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp81&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp114-135-15&nbsp.460&nbsp50.5
12&nbspdvd&nbsptalkers&nbsp(Adrian)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp8&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp109-135-20&nbsp.451&nbsp53
13&nbspWatch&nbspOut&nbspFor&nbspMe&nbsp(Toad)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp32&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp106-137-21&nbsp.441&nbsp55.5
14&nbspRhein's&nbspDestroyers&nbsp(IdgIe49)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp24&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp95-159-10&nbsp.379&nbsp72

Playoff&nbspResults:

&nbsp1&nbspDiggler's&nbspDenizens&nbsp(Big&nbspQuasimodo)
&nbsp2&nbspKazzers&nbsp(?)
&nbsp3&nbspShaolinBaseball&nbsp(J-Dubya)
&nbsp4&nbspSan&nbspDiego&nbspMadres&nbsp(DarkElf)
&nbsp5&nbspNashville&nbspAutomatons&nbsp(planetaire)
&nbsp6&nbspJumping&nbspBomb&nbspAngels&nbsp(wheredobo)
&nbsp7&nbspSpace&nbspCoyotes&nbsp(feenst)
&nbsp8&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)
&nbsp9&nbspTooHighRRRollers&nbsp(grrrah)
10&nbspAssorted&nbspVermin&nbsp(Metrodub)
11&nbspdvd&nbsptalkers&nbsp(Adrian)
12&nbspOthermike's&nbspStrokes&nbsp(othermike)

===================================================================================

League&nbsp2:&nbspNo&nbspGarden&nbspGnomes&nbspAllowed&nbsp(Yahoo)

Rk&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspTeam&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspMoves&nbspTrades&nbsp&nbspPts
--&nbsp----------------------------------&nbsp-----&nbsp------&nbsp-----
&nbsp1&nbspkvrdave&nbsp(kvrdave)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp41&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp211.5
T2&nbspPacific&nbspBeach&nbspSurf&nbsp(DarkElf)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp153&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp199
T2&nbspRangersEast&nbsp(puzzlefighter99)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp36&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp199
&nbsp4&nbspSpace&nbspCoyotes&nbsp(feenst)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp26&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp198.5
&nbsp5&nbspBros.&nbspof&nbspDestruction&nbsp(gregx55)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp25&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp185
&nbsp6&nbspAntioch&nbspAnamorphics&nbsp(planetaire)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp22&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp182.5
&nbsp7&nbspBloop&nbspTriples&nbsp(Luddy22)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp34&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp177
&nbsp8&nbspdvd&nbsptalkers&nbsp(Adrian)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp10&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp168.5
&nbsp9&nbspSteveweiser's&nbspGiants&nbsp(Steveweiser)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp161.5
10&nbspTriple&nbspS&nbsp(?)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp158.5
11&nbspZephyrs&nbsp(crooksha)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp57&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp156
12&nbspLame&nbspDucks&nbsp(?)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp13&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp144.5
13&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp11&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp142
14&nbspDurango&nbspSandbaggers&nbsp(LurkerDan)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp26&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp125
15&nbspVampire&nbspBats&nbsp(Vampyr)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp100.5
16&nbspWill&nbspwork&nbspfor&nbsppoints&nbsp(IdgIe49)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp40&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp75

===================================================================================

League&nbsp3:&nbspDVD&nbspTalk&nbsp(CBS)

Rk&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspTeam&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspBatting&nbspPitching&nbspTotal&nbsp&nbsp&nbspGB
--&nbsp----------------------------------------&nbsp-------&nbsp--------&nbsp-----&nbsp&nbsp----
&nbsp1&nbspMendoza&nbspLine&nbspLovers&nbsp(DTSC)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp42.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp44.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp86.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0.0
&nbsp2&nbspDarkElf's&nbspDestroyers&nbsp(DarkElf)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp34.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp46.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp80.0&nbsp&nbsp12.0
&nbsp3&nbspBunch&nbspof&nbspWhiners&nbsp(McHawkson)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp41.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp30.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp71.0&nbsp&nbsp16.5
&nbsp4&nbspAngry&nbspAmish&nbspChicken&nbspPluckers&nbsp(wheredebo)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp33.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp32.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp65.0&nbsp&nbsp28.5
&nbsp5&nbspAssorted&nbspVermin&nbsp(Metrodub)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp27.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp27.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp54.0&nbsp&nbsp29.0
&nbsp6&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp35.5&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp17.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp52.5&nbsp&nbsp30.5
&nbsp7&nbspVampireBats&nbsp(Vampyr)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp23.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp18.5&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp41.5&nbsp&nbsp19.5
&nbsp8&nbspRheins&nbspRevenge&nbsp(IdgIe49)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp14.5&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp25.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp39.5&nbsp&nbsp44.0
&nbsp9&nbspSpringfield&nbspIsotopes&nbsp(Matt925)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp15.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp22.5&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp37.5&nbsp&nbsp47.5
10&nbspPounders&nbsp(LBPound)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp10.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp13.0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp23.0&nbsp&nbsp27.5

League&nbsp4:&nbspOther&nbspLeague&nbsp#4&nbsp(Yahoo)

Rk&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspTeam&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspMoves&nbspTrades&nbsp&nbspPts
--&nbsp----------------------------------&nbsp-----&nbsp------&nbsp-----
&nbsp1&nbspDurango&nbspWankers&nbsp(LurkerDan)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp20&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp4&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp121.5
&nbsp2&nbspLithuanian&nbspLightning&nbsp(DarkElf)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp83&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp109.5
&nbsp3&nbspTeam&nbspJackass&nbsp(?)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp20&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp92.5
&nbsp4&nbspOregon&nbspDuques&nbspII&nbsp(dancinns)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp47&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp4&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp90.5
&nbsp5&nbspThe&nbspTax&nbspCollectors&nbsp(kawada)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp33&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp85.5
&nbsp6&nbspMunchos&nbspTriumph&nbsp(Munchos)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp30&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp80
&nbsp7&nbspBadlyDrawnBoy&nbsp(BadlyDrawnBoy)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp79.5
&nbsp8&nbspPrima&nbspDonnas&nbsp(?)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp4&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp76
&nbsp9&nbspPharoh's&nbspTribe&nbsp(Pharoh)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp8&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp70
10&nbspSoprano's&nbspHitmen&nbsp(Anthony&nbspSoprano)&nbsp&nbsp108&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp3&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp69.5
11&nbspBamaSucksTheBigOne!&nbsp(twikoff)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp23&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp55
12&nbspZod&nbspSquad&nbsp(General&nbspZod)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp55
13&nbspCub&nbspBearFan&nbsp(BearFan)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp15&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp44.5
14&nbspJadasion&nbspCrack&nbsp(jadasion)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp21

League&nbsp5:&nbspOtter&nbspFarm&nbsp(Yahoo&nbsplive&nbspdraft)

Rk&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspTeam&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspMoves&nbspTrades&nbspPts
--&nbsp------------------------------&nbsp-----&nbsp------&nbsp----
&nbsp1&nbspPharoh&nbspStrikes&nbspBack&nbsp(Pharoh)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp12&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp67.5
&nbsp2&nbspDarkElf's&nbspDestroyers&nbsp(DarkElf)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp55&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp65
&nbsp3&nbspHeroes&nbsp(Munchos)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp44&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp46
&nbsp4&nbsptygloalex's&nbsphoes&nbsp(tygloalex)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp33&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp42.5
&nbsp5&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp8&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp40
&nbsp6&nbspRhein's&nbspSuckers&nbsp(IdgIe49)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp10&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp37
&nbsp7&nbspThe&nbspTax&nbspCollectors&nbsp(kawada)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp47&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp35.5
&nbsp8&nbspStillHateBama!&nbsp(twikoff)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp24&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp26.5

Last edited by DarkElf; 10-01-02 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-01-02, 04:17 AM

So as you can see, making lots of moves and trades doesn't really translate into a higher ranking. Although in my case, there's no way I would have finished 2nd in all those leagues unless I made a lot of roster moves (didn't have very good drafts).
Old 10-01-02, 04:30 AM

Also why did you win or lose?
In general, I'd rate my drafts as average to fair b/c I did a crappy job with my pre-rankings. I ended up near the top in the leagues for 4 reasons: making a ton of roster moves, starting the hot players, benching the guys up against tough pitchers, and trying to maximize the number of starts from my players. In other words, being an extremely active manager (much to the annoyance of my g/f).

League 1: Decent team but outside of Randy Johnson, my pitching was weak. Hitting came on strong after a dismal April and May.

League 2: Not a good team, and I started out horribly, but the sheer number of roster moves caught me up and kept me in it.

League 3: CBS leagues suck, and I got screwed out of a valid week of stats ("illegal" roster that was totally legal, but CBS commish wouldn't fix). In the end, it would have gained me about 2 extra points, not enough to win, so DTSC won either way.

League 4: My best team on paper was the Lithuanian Lightning, the one team I thought could win a league. I chased Durango all season, and actually spent a few days in 1st place in September, but he put on an incredible stretch drive the last 3 weeks of the season to blow me away.

League 5: This was a great team except for one glaring weakness: lack of power. I told deftones 10 minutes after our live draft the lack of power would be a big problem. I led or came in 2nd in all categories, but came in last in HR and nearly last in RBI. Hard to win like that.
Old 10-01-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I owned the CBS League. Who's your daddy!
Old 10-01-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, to a large degree it's luck. I finished 14th in No Garden Gnomes and 1st in #4, and at the start of the season I actually thought #4 was the weaker team. In No Garden Gnomes, I actually finished a # of spaces behind a guy who never even accessed his team after April 12th (Triple S). How pathetic is that!!!

Once the luck starts going your way, it becomes easier to make the right moves. For example, I made a few excellent trades in #4 that I could not have made had my players not been playing well. Over the course of the season I traded for Soriano, Pedro, and Bagwell. No way I could have done that with a 14th place team.
Old 10-01-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know what happened.. IMO i had the best team on paper and managed it daily yet struggled to come in 9th place. Who wouldn't want my team (be honest). Damn I suck.

Barry Bonds
Alfonso Soriano
Shawn Green
Torii Hunter
R Alomar
Bartolo Colon
Roger Clemens
Kevin Brown ( )
Darryl Kile ( RIP)
Jose Mesa

..others
Old 10-01-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

And did twikoff come in last in all leagues?
I was in a fantasy baseball league?
Old 10-03-02, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I came in 1st in the DVDTalk CBS league, which ended up 8195th for all of CBS's leagues combined.

1st place and only came in 8195th total.
Old 10-05-02, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by DarkElf

Congrats to all league winners!!!

League&nbsp1:&nbspdvdTalk&nbsp(Yahoo&nbsphead-to-head)

Rk&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspTeam&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspMoves&nbspTrades&nbsp&nbsp&nbspRecord&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspPct&nbsp&nbspGB
--&nbsp----------------------------------&nbsp-----&nbsp------&nbsp----------&nbsp----&nbsp----
&nbsp1&nbspDiggler's&nbspDenizens&nbsp(Big&nbspQuasimodo)&nbsp&nbsp109&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp6&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp165-&nbsp85-14&nbsp.652&nbsp&nbsp-
&nbsp2&nbspKazzers&nbsp(?)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp24&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp132-103-29&nbsp.555&nbsp25.5
&nbsp3&nbspNashville&nbspAutomatons&nbsp(planetaire)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp25&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp137-111-16&nbsp.549&nbsp27
&nbsp4&nbspSan&nbspDiego&nbspMadres&nbsp(DarkElf)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp136&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp128-111-25&nbsp.532&nbsp31.5
&nbsp5&nbspJumping&nbspBomb&nbspAngels&nbsp(wheredobo)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp20&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp130-118-16&nbsp.523&nbsp34
&nbsp6&nbspShaolinBaseball&nbsp(J-Dubya)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp17&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp128-118-18&nbsp.519&nbsp35
&nbsp7&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp10&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp126-118-20&nbsp.515&nbsp36
&nbsp8&nbspSpace&nbspCoyotes&nbsp(feenst)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp16&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp122-126-16&nbsp.492&nbsp42
&nbsp9&nbspTooHighRRRollers&nbsp(grrrah)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp16&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp111-127-26&nbsp.470&nbsp48
10&nbspAssorted&nbspVermin&nbsp(Metrodub)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp13&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp113-133-18&nbsp.462&nbsp50
11&nbspOthermike's&nbspStrokes&nbsp(othermike)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp81&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp1&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp114-135-15&nbsp.460&nbsp50.5
12&nbspdvd&nbsptalkers&nbsp(Adrian)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp8&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp0&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp109-135-20&nbsp.451&nbsp53
13&nbspWatch&nbspOut&nbspFor&nbspMe&nbsp(Toad)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp32&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp106-137-21&nbsp.441&nbsp55.5
14&nbspRhein's&nbspDestroyers&nbsp(IdgIe49)&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp24&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp2&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp95-159-10&nbsp.379&nbsp72

Playoff&nbspResults:

&nbsp1&nbspDiggler's&nbspDenizens&nbsp(Big&nbspQuasimodo)
&nbsp2&nbspKazzers&nbsp(?)
&nbsp3&nbspShaolinBaseball&nbsp(J-Dubya)
&nbsp4&nbspSan&nbspDiego&nbspMadres&nbsp(DarkElf)
&nbsp5&nbspNashville&nbspAutomatons&nbsp(planetaire)
&nbsp6&nbspJumping&nbspBomb&nbspAngels&nbsp(wheredobo)
&nbsp7&nbspSpace&nbspCoyotes&nbsp(feenst)
&nbsp8&nbspWhite&nbspPonies&nbsp(Deftones17)
&nbsp9&nbspTooHighRRRollers&nbsp(grrrah)
10&nbspAssorted&nbspVermin&nbsp(Metrodub)
11&nbspdvd&nbsptalkers&nbsp(Adrian)
12&nbspOthermike's&nbspStrokes&nbsp(othermike)
Quasi-Slam Update: Won Hoops (Big Quasimodo's), Won Bats (Diggler's Denizens)....currently 1-3 in FFL (oops!) (Reverse Cowgirls), but working on it!