Reload this Page >

NFL Sunday Ticket

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

NFL Sunday Ticket

Old 08-19-02, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket

How many here have this?

I just signed up for it but am unsure about how to use it. For example on kickoff weekend, am I going to have like 10 more channels available that aren't normally available, and I just surf to that channel? Thanks.

Go Packers!
Old 08-19-02, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have it, this will be my second year. All the channels are in the 700's and I believ they start 1 or 2 hours before the game with various local sports shows.
Old 08-19-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Same here. Great package. You'll have one channel per game, so if there's a game at 1pm and another at 4pm, each will still have its own channel. When the primary game for your channel ends, it will switch to another game in progress (the station feed does that, and DirecTV just leaves it alone), so there are times when 5 channels are showing the same game.

Just check the 700s on your guide each week to see what channel your particular game is on. They're in order of time, so all the 1pm games will be in the first block followed by the 4pms. There may even be another order, like alphabetically by home city or something, but I've never really paid close enough attention. I just hit Guide, then 700, and pick my game from the list.

Enjoy. It's defintely worth it.

Go Raiders!

das
Old 08-19-02, 12:14 PM
Banned

Better question ... who has NFLST and doesn't subscribe to it?

Old 08-19-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Soup Nazi

You worded your statement a bit weird but I think I understand it...I get NFLST but I don't pay for it. No, I don't steal it. That's just wrong.

Rather, it's a comp subscription. My dad was the editor for a satellite tv guide so he has connections in the industry. So, we get a bunch of stuff comp'ed.

NFLST is great btw. I love watching any game I want and not what my local stations decide to show.
Old 08-19-02, 05:36 PM
Banned

dancinns, it was worded in the manner it was for a reason. I don't steal it either, I have friends that pay for it. I merely bring the beer ...

And, BTW, connections are what make this game we call life just that much more enjoyable ...

Old 08-19-02, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it's a great thing. I'm currently trying to organize some friends to come and watch on Sundays.
Old 08-19-02, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
imo the only reason for sunday ticket is if your favorite team isnt in your regular viewing area, or if your local team sucks (plus i dont have satilete or digital cable anyway). i just dont think itll be worth the 2 or 300 dollars
Old 08-19-02, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

my brother is getting it this year so i'll be at his place for the afternoon games....i'll still be going to the bar i always have that shows all games for the early games.

Rypro 525...its $200..and another reason people get it is to watch more than one or 2 games at once....for each receiver you can get a game, plus whatevers on TV...at my brothers with 2 receivers we can watch either 3 or 4 games at once depending on if there is 1 or 2 televised games

Last edited by TaTTooD; 08-19-02 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-20-02, 12:47 AM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here is an excel spreadsheet of the games and channels to tune to.
http://www.siegler.net/2002nflsundayticket.zip
Old 08-20-02, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Rypro 525 <HR SIZE=1>imo the only reason for sunday ticket is if your favorite team isnt in your regular viewing area, or if your local team sucks (plus i dont have satilete or digital cable anyway). i just dont think itll be worth the 2 or 300 dollars <HR SIZE=1>

Or if you're ... brace yourself now ... a football fan.

das
Old 08-20-02, 07:12 AM

Thanks DAC!
Old 08-20-02, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just signed up for this with directv's new subscriber deal. i can't wait for the season to start. hopefully, by the time mid september gets here i will have my new big screen to enjoy it on.
Old 08-20-02, 09:07 AM

dancinns, it was worded in the manner it was for a reason. I don't steal it either, I have friends that pay for it. I merely bring the beer ...

And, BTW, connections are what make this game we call life just that much more enjoyable ...

Ok...but what I wanna know is...who here STEALS it??

I'd love to get Sunday Ticket but I don't get satellite. I need cable for my Internet although with what I pay for it (cable + Internet is about $90 all told) I wonder if it' just as well to go satellite and pay extra for Internet.
Old 08-20-02, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth John Sy <HR SIZE=1>I need cable for my Internet although with what I pay for it (cable + Internet is about $90 all told) I wonder if it' just as well to go satellite and pay extra for Internet. <HR SIZE=1>

That's what I do. I pay $50 for ADSL and would pay another $40 for basic DirecTV. Of course, I don't get basic DirecTV, and my bill is closer to $80/month, but for what I get, I couldn't get it cheaper with Internet combined into that. I like the separation of components. I never like to mix services. I'd rather get the best available of each service.

das
Old 08-20-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
imo the only reason for sunday ticket is if your favorite team isnt in your regular viewing area, or if your local team sucks (plus i dont have satilete or digital cable anyway). i just dont think itll be worth the 2 or 300 dollars

You obviously do not gamble nor play fantasy football.
Old 08-20-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I had access to Sunday Ticket I would get it in a heartbeat.
All the games and at home! I could spend $200 at the bar in 2-3
weeks to see all the games.

If you like the NFL or play FF this is a must have. I know a couple
that has it, they are in my FF league, and I just bring over
some beer, food and crash on their couch for some weekends.
Hehe
Old 08-20-02, 11:19 AM
DAC

Originally posted by bpatt
Thanks DAC!
Just to give credit to the proper person I want to say that I did not make it, some guy at tivocommunity did.

Last edited by DAC; 08-20-02 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-20-02, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 172 Posts
it's great for fantasy football because you can flip right to A game that your players are in and see what they are doing in real time.
Old 08-20-02, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The NFLST is essential if you're an NFL fan. I'm going on my fifth year of subscribing, and it only cost $139 for me this year. Not a bad deal at all. I get my DirecTiVo's going, and can usually watch a new game each night of the week (I record six/seven games each Sunday) as long as I can avoid spoilers. No question, I get my money's worth out of it.
Old 08-20-02, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave is watching!
Old 08-20-02, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Dr. Dean
Dave is watching!
On so many levels ...

Old 08-22-02, 04:04 PM

NFL Sunday Ticket is worth every penny and is only available on DirecTV (at least this year as their contract runs out after this season). Also, Dave has killed the H card stream (complete kill as of 8/29) so those that didn't pay for NFLST may soon. Also after the first year it is only $139 and well worth it. I got it last year for free basically when I signed up for DTV. I think they are running the same program again this year. Pay for 4 months of the Sunday Ticket, get 4 months free Total Choice Platinum, then after 4 months drop down to Total Choice.
Old 08-22-02, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jocko6577
NFL Sunday Ticket is worth every penny and is only available on DirecTV (at least this year as their contract runs out after this season). Also, Dave has killed the H card stream (complete kill as of 8/29) so those that didn't pay for NFLST may soon.
That must mean that H-card EMU is a thing of the past too ...

Oh boy, many unhappy people ...