Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen Jet Li's Fearless?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anyone seen Jet Li's Fearless?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrhan
Uncut version up for pre order at DDDHouse.

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...0&LanguageID=0
Thanks for the tip!!
Old 01-07-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I couldn't find it anywhere else but $16 bucks shipped isn't bad. It's supposed to be released this week.
Old 01-07-07, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great movie... I have a copy with English Sub. I think I remember pickin them up @ YesAsia.com. Great repeat watching material.

[explanation/spoiler]
btw... for those watching without subtitles, the scene where Jet Li intrudes/crashes the 'bald guys' party and taking revenge for beating up his student is NOT what it appears. The 'bald guy' DID beat up Jet Li's student, but that's because Li's student was fooling around with the 'bald guy's' wife. He deserved the beating... and Li fought/killed for the wrong reason... ala him going into seclusion in the village.

Last edited by tmy727; 01-07-07 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by mrhan
Uncut version up for pre order at DDDHouse.

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...0&LanguageID=0
So which version do I put my money on.. this or the Weinstein's R1 release? Which is the version to get?
Old 01-08-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Weinstein's don't own Fearless. It was released by Rogue Pictures through Universal. There version is 104 minutes long with an EPK featurette.
Old 01-08-07, 11:44 PM
Cool New Member

Also, the domestic version only has dubtitles, which often lose the meaning of the Mandarin dialogue.
Old 01-25-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm surprised no one has spoken on their thoughts of the english-subbed R3 director's cut out now. It really is 40 minutes longer and is bookended with the Michele Yeoh scenes (very short). It moves at a MUCH slower pace, but, in the end, it really helps you understand Li's character arc and how he becomes a better person for what he's been through and learned since. Plus, you can really understand now why he wanted this to be his last wushu film. It talks in depth about what it means and why it should be used to better the body and mind spiritually.
Old 01-25-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dullboy
I'm surprised no one has spoken on their thoughts of the english-subbed R3 director's cut out now. It really is 40 minutes longer and is bookended with the Michele Yeoh scenes (very short). It moves at a MUCH slower pace, but, in the end, it really helps you understand Li's character arc and how he becomes a better person for what he's been through and learned since. Plus, you can really understand now why he wanted this to be his last wushu film. It talks in depth about what it means and why it should be used to better the body and mind spiritually.

I actually liked it a lot better than the theatrical cut. It would have been perfect if they did leave out the M. Yeoh scenes. They had nothing to do whatsoever with the movie. The extended childhood scenes and the scenes before he returned home were good. It really fleshed out the whole story.

Pics of DC:

http://bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/v...a56441906248a6

Last edited by mrhan; 01-27-07 at 08:27 AM.