Lost -- "Everybody Hates Hugo" -- 10.12.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Everybody Hates Hugo"

Spoiler:
Disturbing memories from Hurley's past cause him to struggle with a task he's assigned inside the hatch. Meanwhile Sawyer, Michael and Jin discover the identities of their captors, and Claire uncovers a shocking piece of information about the fate of the raft.

Chris Rock lands on the island. Hilarity ensues!
Old 10-12-05, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588

"Everybody Hates Hugo"

Spoiler:
Disturbing memories from Hurley's past cause him to struggle with a task he's assigned inside the hatch. Meanwhile Sawyer, Michael and Jin discover the identities of their captors, and Claire uncovers a shocking piece of information about the fate of the raft.

Chris Rock lands on the island. Hilarity ensues!

Spoiler:
I saw a clip posted on the Lost theory board about the whole Jin speaking English thing. It's pretty funny. It starts off with Hurley in the hatch just chowing down on all the food, then Jin is standing there next to a guy (that to me looks kinda dead) in a chicken suit. Jin starts talking in English, then Hurley says something like "Dude...you're speaking English" then Jin says "No, you are speaking Korean". I am sure I am not doing the clip justice, but it was funny.
Old 10-12-05, 03:58 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This definitely needs to be vaulted back to page 1.

Hopefully the show won't revolve around whether or not they should push a button. I'm really interested to see how Hurley deals with the food.
Old 10-12-05, 04:27 PM

I don't mean to be an ass, but can we keep this thread only about tonight's episode itself and not about all the spoilers for future eps and speculation about weird peripheral websites and stuff?

I know it's been suggested before but we really need a Lost - Speculation / Theories / Peripherals Thread. I'd say about only half of the 518 posts in last weeks episode thread were about the episode itself. Probably less. It would really make it easier for all of us.

That said, another week, another eagerly anticipated show tonight.
Old 10-12-05, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
I know it's been suggested before but we really need a Lost - Speculation / Theories / Peripherals Thread.
We have one, but nobody bothered to post to it.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440720
Old 10-12-05, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by William Fuld
We have one, but nobody bothered to post to it.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440720
Maybe nobody had any speculation or theories about the show.

Old 10-12-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I heard that a new game was coming out: Hungry Hungry Hugo. I hope that the task he has a hard time with is something other than the numbers or food. Lets hope they reveal something new about what is inside the hatch or other unseen parts of it.
Old 10-12-05, 07:21 PM
Suspended

Yaaa can't wait till 9:00, 3.5 hours and counting
Old 10-12-05, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Sawyer: "Bitch!"
Old 10-12-05, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Loved Hurlys dream. So these are the "others" huh?
Old 10-12-05, 08:38 PM

cannibals!!

Spoiler:
speculation..so unclench
Old 10-12-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK. I can't believe I'm saying this but today's episode suck. The only part I like is that we know there were 22/23 survivors in the back of the plane but only 5-6 are alive. I guess the other survivors got "sick" or dead? Looks like they found an entry to the hatch too. Nice swerve thinking Rose's husband is black.
Old 10-12-05, 09:01 PM

Even the sub-par Lost episodes are great.
Old 10-12-05, 09:04 PM

really? I loved this episode. and God do I love this show.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow after a few weeks of great eps we get hit by a great big wall of SUCK. Oh well I guess it had to happen. And yes, i do indeed hate hurley now.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
OK. I can't believe I'm saying this but today's episode suck. The only part I like is that we know there were 22/23 survivors in the back of the plane but only 5-6 are alive. I guess the other survivors got sick or dead? Looks like they found an entry to the hatch too. Nice swerve thinking Rose's husband is black.
Is it definitely the same hatch? I could've sworn I saw a logo that was different than the Swan logo which lead me to believe it was a different hatch. I agree though, overall this episode was kinda lame. The episodes in season 2 so far have had a certain feel to them and this just didn't have it. It seemed like it was a season 1 episode to me frankly. Hopefully next week we'll get some more plot development and not more of the "go 3 weeks with nothing important happening or being revealed" like we had last season.
On a side note, my God how could they have not found the main entrance to the hatch during all that time if it truly was right there all along.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hurley's mom with the one-liners.
Old 10-12-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A nice quiet episode. I enjoyed it, the acting and interaction were a step up from the last few. I suppose though since there was not much action or revelations there will be 8 pages of complaints.
Old 10-12-05, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Wow - surprised by the reaction. I LOVED this episode - next to Locke, I think Hurley has the most interesting backstory.

And I'm pretty sure that's a totally DIFFERENT Hatch on the other side of the island. Heck, we don't even know if everyone's on the SAME island yet!!!
Old 10-12-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
I think the new bunker is a different Dharma station. I could be wrong, but I think the symbol had the straight line through the middle, like the one on the shark, which would suggest they're in the zoology station.
Old 10-12-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
Is it definitely the same hatch? I could've sworn I saw a logo that was different than the Swan logo which lead me to believe it was a different hatch. I agree though, overall this episode was kinda lame. The episodes in season 2 so far have had a certain feel to them and this just didn't have it. It seemed like it was a season 1 episode to me frankly. Hopefully next week we'll get some more plot development and not more of the "go 3 weeks with nothing important happening or being revealed" like we had last season.
On a side note, my God how could they have not found the main entrance to the hatch during all that time if it truly was right there all along.
I agree, I think it's a different hatch. I wonder if they are link somehow via hidden tunnels. I didn't see any logo. I don't know if it's me or not but tonight's episode is darker so it's really hard to see things.

I really think the other survivors got the illness and that is why those 3 survivors are being very cautious with Michael, Jin and Sawyer thinking they are the others or "sick" survivors.
Old 10-12-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My prediction:

Jin and Bernard will join forces and start an evil law firm.
Old 10-12-05, 09:41 PM

I liked this episode. There wasn't a whole lot of "what does that mean?" It was pretty straight forward and ended on a good note.
Old 10-12-05, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
My prediction:

Jin and Bernard will join forces and start an evil law firm.
Yeah, when are Lilah and Lindsey showing up?

I thought this episode sucked. Hurley was really annoying tonight, and the flashbacks are quickly becoming a waste of time. At this point, they're only doing them because it's part of the show's formula. We didn't learn anything new about Hurley or about Michael during his flashback two weeks ago.

At least we got a gratuitous shot of a wet, naked Kate wrapped in a towel.
Old 10-12-05, 10:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a different hatch/bunker and a different symbol. The new symbol had a "t" like symbol. It kind of looked like a cross.

Somehow, my dvr didn't record anything up until after it came back from 1st commercial.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.