Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ain't it that time again at Deep Discount?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, refresh my memory...ain't it just about time for their "you know what" sale about to begin? I'm only giving you all a 20% chance of guessing what the hell I'm referring to!!!
Old 04-10-08, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2 months early. It's usually the first week of June.
Old 04-11-08, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts
Although this is the time when you start seeing the first questions about it...
Old 04-11-08, 07:55 AM

...followed closely by the first threadlocks.

Followed by some people debating whether to pull the trigger now on some sale items or wait for the-sale-that-shall-not-be-named to get an even better discount off the sale items.

Followed by the start of tstsnbn which just happens to coincide both with the end of all other sales, and with the complaints of these memory-challenged, obsessively frugal types who forgot that this is the same way it worked the last time.
Old 04-11-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you forgot the price argument's and if the sale is really a sale
Old 04-11-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

^You both forgot, the discussion of whether there will even be another sale. "There's no guarantee, nothing's written in stone. etc. etc." There, we can mark that one off the list now.

I can hardly wait for the sale to be over so people can start complaining about how DD screwed up their order, intolerably delayed their order, sent damaged goods, or packed the DVDs poorly resulting in damage in shipment etc, and thus they'll never shop there again. Those are always amusing.
Old 04-11-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
I can hardly wait for the sale to be over so people can start complaining about how DD screwed up their order, intolerably delayed their order, sent damaged goods, or packed the DVDs poorly resulting in damage in shipment etc, and thus they'll never shop there again. Those are always amusing.
Until the next hot, irresistible deal which forces them to forget their sworn oaths. This also applies to Amazon deals.
Old 04-12-08, 05:21 AM
Suspended

Truely the equivalent of Thanksgiving dinner for the folks at DVDtalk. Everybody shows up, some get drunk & spew their negativity all over the place trying to spoil it for everybody else, & others just sit there dazed & overstuffed from all the crap they just bought, & the rest of them sit back laughing at all the folks fighting over crap they won't even remember until the next big get together rolls around.

Last edited by fitlissa76; 04-12-08 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-12-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by fitlissa76
Truely the equivalent of Thanksgiving dinner for the folks at DVDtalk. Everybody shows up, some get drunk & spew their negativity all over the place trying to spoil it for everybody else, & others just sit there dazed & overstuffed from all the crap they just bought, & the rest of them sit back laughing at all the folks fighting over crap they won't even remember until the next big get together rolls around.
Well said. ;-)
Old 04-20-08, 03:42 AM
Banned

i always wait for this but the last time i purchased dvds that were $15 a few months later at best buy they were under $10. so i think we could be getting to the point were it's better to wait for best buy or circuit city to put our favorites at under $10 instead of using 20% off at ddd.
Old 04-20-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mostaccioli
i always wait for this but the last time i purchased dvds that were $15 a few months later at best buy they were under $10. so i think we could be getting to the point were it's better to wait for best buy or circuit city to put our favorites at under $10 instead of using 20% off at ddd.

which is exactly why i buy titles that best buy and circuit city don't carry.
Old 04-24-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^And which is why I use it for movies I can't get from Columbia House (for $5 each), and boxed sets that aren't a good deal there. But blindly buying into the 20% frenzy is foolish--for example, Amazon winds up price-matching (or beating) a lot of stuff.
Old 04-28-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
Until the next hot, irresistible deal which forces them to forget their sworn oaths. This also applies to Amazon deals.
This sale stopped being "hot" and "irresistable" a while ago. With their price changes and poor customer service, I've gotten over DD.
Old 04-28-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Usually before the 20 sale they have a lot an A&E sale for B1G1 for the sets like the complete Prisoner, Jeeves and Wooster, etc.
Old 04-30-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
This sale stopped being "hot" and "irresistable" a while ago. With their price changes and poor customer service, I've gotten over DD.
+1

It ain't like the old days.
Old 04-30-08, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I can't figure out whether your post constitutes a late entry for a complaint about the last sale, or a preemptive complaint about the next sale, or both, but in any case, good show.