Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

Old 02-21-19, 10:47 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Coast Guard Officer Plotted to Kill Democrats and Journalists, Prosecutors Say
By Dave Philipps
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/u...ast-guard.html

A Coast Guard lieutenant and self-described white nationalist who was arrested in Maryland last week was plotting to kill a long list of prominent journalists and Democratic politicians, as well as professors, judges and what he called “leftists in general,” federal prosecutors said in a court filing on Tuesday.

Lt. Christopher Paul Hasson, 49, was arrested Friday on gun and drug charges, but prosecutors said in the filing that the charges were just the “proverbial tip of the iceberg.”

The filing argued that Lieutenant Hasson should be held until he is tried, describing him as a “domestic terrorist” who intended “to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country.”

In the last month, prosecutors said, the lieutenant used his work computer to draw up a list of prominent figures he called “traitors” and wanted to kill, including many well-known anchors and hosts on the CNN and MSNBC news networks and a number of Democratic elected officials. The list included, among others, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Maxine Waters, Senator Richard Blumenthal, whom he referred to as “Sen blumen jew,” and many of the senators running for president in 2020.

The authorities said Lieutenant Hasson had studied the 1,500-page manifesto that the mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, a far-right Norwegian extremist who killed 77 people in 2011, wrote in the hope of inspiring other killers.
Figured this was worth of its own thread. This is incredibly fucked up, and the only good thing is that he was caught before he could take any action against people.

But, y'know, antifa is the real problem. /s
Old 02-21-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

Build that wall! Damn Mexicans! Oh, wait....

Old 02-21-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

DAMN!! Why So Blu beat me to it.
Old 02-21-19, 10:54 AM

Will the government take away his citizenship like the woman who joined ISIS for a time?

Will he be treated as a terrorist or a "lone nut"?

Hmm...
Old 02-21-19, 11:33 AM
Admin-Thanos

My concern is how many people with Nazi sympathies are floating around our military these days. Probably more than we fear.
Old 02-21-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If just one of these kinds of plots is ever successful, it’s going to make all the other high-casualty shootings look like a walk in the park.
Old 02-21-19, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Build that wall! Damn Mexicans! Oh, wait....

Trump Supporters just beat me up! And they had really BIG MAGA hats. Oh, wait.
Old 02-21-19, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope you guys started a thread when the 'Bernie' supporter start shooting up the House Republicans (Including Republican House Leader Steve Scalise) on the Baseball Field a few years ago, and discussed how crazy he was being politically motivated. I could be wrong as someone can link and old thread regarding this 'domestic terrorist' incident, but it seems like you guys only post threads about crazy people on the right.
Old 02-21-19, 11:51 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by coli View Post
I hope you guys started a thread when the 'Bernie' supporter start shooting up the House Republicans
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-p...lexandria.html

Your narrative is bullshit. Thanks for playing.
Funny how quick you are to remind us it was a Bernie supporter, when the OP of this thread makes no mention of any political figure the guy supported. Maybe consider that a bit, yeah.
But please, do tell us about the other insane terrorist plots orchestrated by "crazies" on the left that are deserving of attention. It's almost like there's a fucking pattern, I don't know.

Last edited by Dan; 02-21-19 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-21-19, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope you guys started a thread when the 'Bernie' supporter start shooting up the House Republicans (Including Republican House Leader Steve Scalise) on the Baseball Field a few years ago, and discussed how crazy he was being politically motivated. I could be wrong as someone can link and old thread regarding this 'domestic terrorist' incident, but it seems like you guys only post threads about crazy people on the right.
Literally took me one search and 30 seconds to find it.

Old 02-21-19, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Very fine people on both sides.

Old 02-21-19, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post

He didn't even bother looking, he just had to throw in a whataboutism. It's an automatic reflex for many.
Old 02-21-19, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post

Oh, I doubt there was an attempt to search.
Old 02-21-19, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Coast Guard Officer Plotted to Kill Democrats and Journalists, Prosecutors Say
By Dave Philipps
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/u...ast-guard.html

Figured this was worth of its own thread. This is incredibly fucked up, and the only good thing is that he was caught before he could take any action against people.

But, y'know, antifa is the real problem. /s
What the hell would this have to do with antifa. Not even on the same level.

What else are you going to toss into your IED of a commentary. The guy was a terrorist. He needs to be dealt with accordingly. Just like anyone who plots to kill people in the US who support a politician.

Old 02-21-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I make a point of not engaging people who acknowledge they are only on a site to troll. Using the phrase "you guys only..." is good sign that's taking place.
Old 02-21-19, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Trump Supporters just beat me up! And they had really BIG MAGA hats. Oh, wait.

"What the hell would this have to do with Smollett? Not even on the same level.

What else are you going to toss into your IED of a commentary. The guy was a terrorist. He needs to be dealt with accordingly. Just like anyone who plots to kill people in the US who support a politician".

Old 02-21-19, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I posted this news yesterday on the Trump thread because I feel it's a direct result of his rhetoric, especially since earlier in the day, Trump said that the New York Times is the enemy of the people. It can't be understated how all those people that were going to be targeted by this domestic terrorist to be are the same people who Trump has publicly denounced on Twitter and on his rallies.
Old 02-21-19, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
He didn't even bother looking, he just had to throw in a whataboutism. It's an automatic reflex for many.
You missed the part where I said, 'I could be wrong as someone can link and old thread.....' And you did.

I could be wrong as someone can link and old thread regarding this 'domestic terrorist' incident,
Old 02-21-19, 01:05 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
"What the hell would this have to do with Smollett? Not even on the same level.

What else are you going to toss into your IED of a commentary. The guy was a terrorist. He needs to be dealt with accordingly. Just like anyone who plots to kill people in the US who support a politician".
perfection, sir.
Old 02-21-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
My concern is how many people with Nazi sympathies are floating around our military these days. Probably more than we fear.
Yup

Old 02-21-19, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe it's just a KISS flag, and those 2 guys are covering the K and the I?
Old 02-21-19, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-21-19, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm getting a failed sex change operation vibe
Old 02-21-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Captain Picard?
Old 02-21-19, 03:37 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Captain Picard?
If Capt Picard was a Nazi.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.