Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 04-01-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Since we have absolutely no idea what was in Mueller's report (since Team Trump is too scared to release it), we don't really have any idea what Schiff knew or didn't know. It's very possible he saw evidence of collusion and Mueller disagreed.

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
House Intelligence Committee members and other Republicans members are saying that Schiff should step down as chairman in a letter, they said “Your actions both past and present are incompatible with your duty as chairman of this committee,” the letter stated. “We have no faith in your ability to discharge your duties in a manner consistent with your constitutional responsibility and urge your immediate resignation as chairman of this committee.”
Yeah, no one who supports Donald Trump gets to say anything remotely like this unless they are also calling for his resignation and offering their own too.
Old 04-01-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some other names for "shifty" are false, sneaky, scheming and untrustworthy.

Schiff claiming (a big dud) the Nunes FISA memo release will cause a “constitutional crisis” and would lead to the firing of Mueller. It did not - and I might point out that we may soon see declassified portions of the FISA application and communications from the key people at the FBI and DOJ who ran the Russia investigation (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Ohr).
Schiff’s leaking - recently it has been suggested the CIA could stop giving Schiff information over his habitual leaking, it was said he leaks “like a screen door on a submarine”. It is thought that Schiff is responsible for that botched CNN “Bombshell” alleging contacts between Don Jr. and Wikileaks.
For almost two years Adam Schiff has said he has evidence that associates of Donald Trump colluded with Russia to rig the 2016 election. According to what we know the Muller report says prosecutors “did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”
House Intelligence Committee members and other Republicans members are saying that Schiff should step down as chairman in a letter, they said “Your actions both past and present are incompatible with your duty as chairman of this committee,” the letter stated. “We have no faith in your ability to discharge your duties in a manner consistent with your constitutional responsibility and urge your immediate resignation as chairman of this committee.”

Your welcome.
I found it strange that Schiff had repeatedly said that based on the evidence he saw, there was a clear case against the Trump campaign for conspiring with Russians, but since Mueller has finished his work, Schiff is claiming that he needs to see the entire report in order to make sure. That didn't make any sense to me since he claimed to already have the information he needs.

He's definitely shifty.
Old 04-01-19, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think we have all seen some evidence to make us believe to a degree that something was/is going on. Trump's subordinate behavior to Putin and behind closed door meetings are enough for anyone that doesn't have blind loyalty to at least question the circumstances.
Old 04-01-19, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And you find these qualities to be undesirable in an elected official?
Old 04-01-19, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
All of those people "in the know" spinning a web of fantasy. Benjamin Wittes trying to make himself appear to be someone with inside information... with his "tick tick" nonsense. Nope. Even now he's not admitting that he was mistaken about anything. Nor is there a wave of "true patriots" that are going to expose all of the Republican officials who have been bought by Russia.

But as with all conspiracies when they're faced with facts that contradict their belief... they burrow deeper into the rabbit hole.
The best from MSNBC:

Old 04-01-19, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some people in Trump's camp are certainly feeling their oats again...
Old 04-01-19, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
I know you're being sarcastic, but the appointment of Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador was praised by most media sources.
Probably because she was anti-Trump, right up until she got asked for the position.
Old 04-01-19, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I think we have all seen some evidence to make us believe to a degree that something was/is going on. Trump's subordinate behavior to Putin and behind closed door meetings are enough for anyone that doesn't have blind loyalty to at least question the circumstances.
Something was going on, but imo, it was typical opposition research (typically a dirty process...but still legal), Trump was feeling out his potential for getting some business deals, etc. In all of Cohen's ranting about evil Trump, he even said there wasn't any collusion. Comey said...there wasn't any collusion. Mueller's Office rebuked Buzzfeed for collusion statements. Mueller then released a report that said...surprise, no collusion.

I mean, how many times does somebody or some report need to say the same things over and over before we walk away thinking..."Gosh golly, maybe there waddn't any colloosionz!"
Old 04-01-19, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Since we have absolutely no idea what was in Mueller's report (since Team Trump is too scared to release it), we don't really have any idea what Schiff knew or didn't know. It's very possible he saw evidence of collusion and Mueller disagreed.

Yeah, no one who supports Donald Trump gets to say anything remotely like this unless they are also calling for his resignation and offering their own too.
But Schiff is the guy who has made claims he has personally seen the proof. But nobody but himself has seen it.

So, yeah, the guy needs to go. He's a liar. He was just keeping the momentum going, and had no evidence to back up his accusations.

Let me guess when the report comes out:

Adam: "That redacted part. See it? There's the proof! They redacted it. I told you people all along I have proof. There it is. But you can't see it."

Get somebody else. He sucks and needs to take Cariprazine on a regular basis.
Old 04-01-19, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
But Schiff is the guy who has made claims he has personally seen the proof. But nobody but himself has seen it.

So, yeah, the guy needs to go. He's a liar. He was just keeping the momentum going, and had no evidence to back up his accusations.
Why, specifically, should he have to "go"? Lying? No evidence? Making things up? These are your standards now for politicians?

As I said, no one can say Schiff should go but support Trump without being a complete hypocrite.
Old 04-01-19, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why, specifically, should he have to "go"? Lying? No evidence? Making things up? These are your standards now for politicians?

As I said, no one can say Schiff should go but support Trump without being a complete hypocrite.
Agreed. But again (and again), there was more than enough evidence from Trumps own words and actions to conduct this investigation. Not to mention words and actions from Trumps inner-circle.
Old 04-01-19, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since we have absolutely no idea what was in Mueller's report (since Team Trump is too scared to release it), we don't really have any idea what Schiff knew or didn't know.
Rep Schiff knew enough to assert this in his memo only to be contradicted by Bruce Ohr's sworn testimony.

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/ig/i...0205-sd002.pdf

Mr. Ohr. So, prior to that meeting, I had -- okay. After the July 30th meeting with Chris Steele, I wanted to provide the information he had given me to the FBI. I reached out for Andrew McCabe, at that time, Deputy Director of the FBI and somebody who had previously led the organized crime, Russian organized crime squad in New York and who I had worked with in the past, and asked if he could meet with me. I went to his office to provide the information, and Lisa Page was there. So I provided the information to them. And some point after that, I think, I was given Peter Strzok, or somehow put in contact with Peter Strzok.

Mr. Gowdy. And that would have been when?

Mr. Ohr. I don't recall the exact date. I'm guessing it would have been in August since I met with Chris Steele at the end of July, and I'm pretty sure I would have reached out to Andrew McCabe soon afterwards.
https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/...%208.28.18.pdf
Old 04-01-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post

Sorta like this:

"I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding " - Donald Trump, April 7 2011

Because your statement is quite the apt description when it comes to Trump. But let me guess, it only applies to Democrats, right?
Old 04-01-19, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Some people in Trump's camp are certainly feeling their oats again...
Conservative Spring
Old 04-01-19, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Schiff claiming (a big dud) the Nunes FISA memo release will cause a “constitutional crisis” and would lead to the firing of Mueller. It did not - and I might point out that we may soon see declassified portions of the FISA application and communications from the key people at the FBI and DOJ who ran the Russia investigation (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Ohr).
Schiff’s leaking - recently it has been suggested the CIA could stop giving Schiff information over his habitual leaking, it was said he leaks “like a screen door on a submarine”. It is thought that Schiff is responsible for that botched CNN “Bombshell” alleging contacts between Don Jr. and Wikileaks.
For almost two years Adam Schiff has said he has evidence that associates of Donald Trump colluded with Russia to rig the 2016 election. According to what we know the Muller report says prosecutors “did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

Your welcome.
Now do Trump!
Old 04-01-19, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
Now do Trump!
He would never. Trump is a man of honor, honesty and integrity.
Old 04-01-19, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Our two regular trolls were just fed a life support. The inconsistent consistency was not forgotten, only missed. But here they lie full of happiness finding their new targets, Schiff and AOC. Celebrate good times!

Old 04-02-19, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-02-19, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He’s also promising that Republicans will unveil their healthcare plan after the election. The sad part is millions of their supporters will believe them.
Old 04-02-19, 07:47 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

1. PR didn't get $91B in funds. They had $91B in damage. They got about $1.5B in approved funds, unless there's better into out there. Paper towels though.

2. Puerto Ricans are Americans, holy shit, this shouldn't need to be said. They do not "take from USA." They are part of the USA.

3. *sigh*
Old 04-02-19, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can you believe the Ricans, which is a Mexican country, took $91b from the U. S. of A. and didn't so much as say thank you! Think of the Farmers and States!
Old 04-02-19, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
1. PR didn't get $91B in funds. They had $91B in damage. They got about $1.5B in approved funds, unless there's better into out there. Paper towels though.

2. Puerto Ricans are Americans, holy shit, this shouldn't need to be said. They do not "take from USA." They are part of the USA.

3. *sigh*
I still maintain that Trump does not understand that Puerto Rico is part of America. He constantly reinforces this.
Old 04-02-19, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

3. *sigh*
Your not wrong. FEMA’s own site.

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/20...on-puerto-rico
Old 04-02-19, 09:06 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Matthew Gertz says $11.2B. Still falls pretty short of the bullshit $91B number.

But honestly, fact-checking everything T says is just a wasted effort at this point. It doesn't matter.
Old 04-02-19, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

3. *sigh*
I'm now hoping even more than Rosello punch this asshole in the face. What a misleading son of a bitch Trump is. Little appreciation? Motherfucker, 3000 US citizens died on your watch. Fuck this cruel imbecile.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.