Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 03-27-19, 12:36 PM

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I am now being called a Troll for talking to Veterans?
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-p...l#post13523073
Old 03-27-19, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Sorry, how to I block (or can I) using an iPhone
LOL You've waited this long (heaven knows why), you can wait until you get home.
Old 03-27-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Getting back to the topic at hand, looking more and more obvious that Barr pushed the investigation to end early.

One could theorize that Barr convinced Mueller to end his investigation by spinning them out to places where it would be easier for Barr to control and harder for the media to keep track of, but I'm not in a place where I think Mueller would acquiesce to such a transparent ploy just yet. That is, unless Mueller's just a company man and subservient to whoever his boss happens to be, in this case Barr.
Old 03-27-19, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Yet you supported a candidate who shirked his duty and mocks those who did serve. So pardon me if I don't buy your issues with McCain having anything to do with his service.
So, where is your evidence backing up what you said with regards to Trump "shirking" his duty. Are you implying any of those draft deferments were fake? If so, provide us some information on that.
Old 03-27-19, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Getting back to the topic at hand, looking more and more obvious that Barr pushed the investigation to end early.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1110945599346696192

One could theorize that Barr convinced Mueller to end his investigation by spinning them out to places where it would be easier for Barr to control and harder for the media to keep track of, but I'm not in a place where I think Mueller would acquiesce to such a transparent ploy just yet. That is, unless Mueller's just a company man and subservient to whoever his boss happens to be, in this case Barr.
Mueller would have gone as long as he wanted, but the problem was...no evidence. If you have no evidence...there is no reason to continue the charade of legal prudence.
Old 03-27-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Theresa May "will make way for someone else," Conservative MP says

Another Conservative MP who attended the meeting with backbench Conservative MPs has also told Britain's Press Association that Theresa May would "not remain in post for the next phase of the [Brexit] negotiations."

If only we had a leader that recognized when he was a failure.
Old 03-27-19, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Please explain to me how an investigation authorized by the Republican Deputy Attorney General of a Republican presidential administration and headed by a Republican Special Counsel somehow has the "Dems in charge".

Provide as much factual detail as you like. I don't mind.
How many Democrats worked under Meuller vs. Republicans? 12 of the 17 are Democrats. That was my initial observation of what you read. Why wasn't there a balance of Reps and Dems on that Special Counsel? Meuller was favorite of The Bush Family, who from my observation, despises Trump due to Jeb!

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rms-rosenstein

McCabe said Rod Rosenstein was willing to wear a wire to catch Trump in some sort of illegal behavior.

Initially Rod blew off the accusation and said it was a joke. Then McCabe, under perjury conditions, said this was in fact the conversation and no jokes or sarcasm discussed.

Pelley said that McCabe told him Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein offered multiple times to wear a wire in meetings with Trump.

The New York Times reported in September that Rosenstein proposed secretly recording Trump, a report that Rosenstein quickly denied. An unnamed Justice Department spokeswoman told the Times that Rosenstein made the offer sarcastically.

Also, about any kind of prejudice Barr may have...I thought he knew Mueller rather well:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...riends-1102244

Barr and Mueller been friends for around 30 years.
Old 03-27-19, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
[h2]

If only we had a leader that recognized when he was a failure.
Failure??? Trump is our favorite U.S. President of all time ... in his own mind.
Old 03-27-19, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Yet you supported a candidate who shirked his duty and mocks those who did serve. So pardon me if I don't buy your issues with McCain having anything to do with his service.
Trump can’t even “remember” which foot he had bone spurs in and was the “best baseball player in NY” before these “temporary” bonespurs appeared.

But yes, let’s mock a war hero.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2420475002
Old 03-27-19, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Trump can’t even “remember” which foot he had bone spurs in and was the “best baseball player in NY” before these “temporary” bonespurs appeared.

But yes, let’s mock a war hero.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2420475002

I'm not sure what defines a war hero these days, but in my opinion, McCain is not.

Rolling Stone did an interesting article on McCain. Make your own assumptions.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...verick-202004/

"[John McCain] was a huge screw-off," recalls Phil Butler. "He was always on probation. The only reason he graduated was because of his father and his grandfather — they couldn't exactly get rid of him."
Dramesi, who went on to serve as chief war planner for U.S. Air Forces in Europe and commander of a wing of the Strategic Air Command, was not surprised. “McCain says his life changed while he was in Vietnam, and he is now a different man,” Dramesi says today. “But he’s still the undisciplined, spoiled brat that he was when he went in.”
As to being more qualified for Prez:

I’m not sure that much time in a prisoner-of-war status doesn’t do something to you. Doesn’t do something to you psychologically, doesn’t do something to you that might make you a little more volatile, a little less apt to listen to reason, a little more inclined to be volcanic in your temperament.”
If he was competing with Trump...probably not much difference there, I will agree.

At that time, he was competing with Obama.

This was back in 2008. Wayyyyy before Trump. It's a very long article. Take your time.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 03-27-19 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-27-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
As I pointed out a couple of weeks ago, you have developed a habit of posting outrageous and seemingly unverifiable statements as if they were facts, and then when called upon to back up those statements, have disappeared. The mods have decided this is a form of trolling and plan to deal with it as such. I do not plan to point this out to you again.
Thank you.
Old 03-27-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure what defines a war hero these days, but in my opinion, McCain is not.

Rolling Stone did an interesting article on McCain. Make your own assumptions.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...verick-202004/
Of course he's not. You think he's a traitor who spent years giving classified Intel to nation we were at war with. Of course, you think all of this with zero proof other than biased "articles" hand-picked to fit your narrative.

He guys....I watched Tom Arnold's videos about Trump. This CONFIRMS that the pee tape is a FACT.
Old 03-27-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

https://www.google.com/search?source...10.IJ_Xdt6gQTw

However, they will not go away on their own. Unlike herniated and bulging discs in the spine for example, that have the ability to heal through the process of resorption, bone spurs are permanent deposits. Treatment will depend on the location, cause, and severity of your symptoms.
So either trumpie still has bone spurs, or he got them treated at some point. If the latter, he should have records which he could show to the public to prove he's not a chickenhawk. But we all know he's just a lying sack of shit.
Old 03-27-19, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
https://www.google.com/search?source...10.IJ_Xdt6gQTw

So either trumpie still has bone spurs, or he got them treated at some point. If the latter, he should have records which he could show to the public to prove he's not a chickenhawk. But we all know he's just a lying sack of shit.
We won't know unless we see the medical records. But like me, your opinion is already formed.
Old 03-27-19, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/23680

But I'm guessing this has to do with liking people that weren't captured?
Old 03-27-19, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/23680

But I'm guessing this has to do with liking people that weren't captured?
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...tuary-10001670

John McCain lived in many places after Vietnam, but for the last 36 years he called Arizona home, and represented the state in Congress — from 1982 to 1986 as a representative, and then from ‘86 to his death as a member of the United States Senate.

McCain embraced Arizona, adopting the pretty landscape of central Phoenix and Cornville, posting photos of red-rock hikes, but doing very little during his tenure to support the state. In fact, his stand against “pork-barrel politics” at a time when his colleagues in Congress were busy lining their own states’ pockets with infrastructure cost Arizona dearly while increasing McCain’s popularity as a refreshingly honest leader who turned down handouts.
The article is more favorable to McCain, but the article makes a point about his controversy.
Old 03-27-19, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, where is your evidence backing up what you said with regards to Trump "shirking" his duty. Are you implying any of those draft deferments were fake? If so, provide us some information on that.
The man with the best health in the world was unable to serve. What more do you need.
Old 03-27-19, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
The man with the best health in the world was unable to serve. What more do you need.
Well in this case, the only thing I'd like to find out or know from some of you since you're more focused on him (cough)...is if the documents created to get him out of the draft, were legit and were done proper.
Old 03-27-19, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well in this case, the only thing I'd like to find out or know from some of you since you're more focused on him (cough)...is if the documents created to get him out of the draft, were legit and were done proper.
Did he offer his services to fight in the war? No! I tend to side with those who actually went and fought in the war over those that decided to sit it out.
Old 03-27-19, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If they were legit, it's a contradiction of the current "doctors" telling the public he's in perfect health. So....who do you believe? The Trump telling people he suffered from bone spurs or the Trump telling people he's the healthiest president ever?
Old 03-27-19, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trump will only admit to things when it puts him in the best light in a particular situation.
Old 03-27-19, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We won't know unless we see the medical records. But like me, your opinion is already formed.
So on this issue, you're of the "wait for the evidence" mind. Hopefully, someday, you feel that way about the Mueller Report.

trumpie's OWN WORDS told us it was bone spurs (although he had trouble remembering which foot had it). Either he's so stupid and lazy, he chose not to treat his bone spurs for 50 years, or he's a fucking liar.

Old 03-27-19, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This has now reached sitcom level ineptitude...

Guy who's to run the Fed can't figure out how to pay his own taxes.
Falls in line with trump picking the people diametrically opposed to their positions...
"oh, you hate public education? You're now in charge of public education! But don't try and improve it, just hobble it further to prove your point."
Old 03-27-19, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
This has now reached sitcom level ineptitude...

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status...60520721510400

Guy who's to run the Fed can't figure out how to pay his own taxes.
Falls in line with trump picking the people diametrically opposed to their positions...
"oh, you hate public education? You're now in charge of public education! But don't try and improve it, just hobble it further to prove your point."
Can't afford to pay or purposely isn't paying because he's an anti-IRS nutcase?
Old 03-27-19, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You have a right to your opinion.

Am I lying?
Yes, as I posted before that you completely avoided answering. Mueller was a Republican and you are trolling. I hope the mods do something before more people leave over your posts.

HERE

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.