Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-19-19, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Seriously why even bother?
Soooooo this.
Old 02-19-19, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I'm bored at work and sick of reading garbage. My own fault for clicking View Post....
Ugh, I know the feeling ... maybe I need to start a new thing, put a quarter into a swear jar every time I click View Post.
Old 02-19-19, 02:02 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

^ I will match that challenge on my side
Old 02-19-19, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Seriously why even bother?
I don't want to get too far off-topic, but I think most people want to believe the best about everyone. A few times I've thought "If I ever accidentally posted something so dishonest, I'd want someone to point it out to me". But after the lies and misrepresentations in the AOC thread (and subsequently abandoning the thread after being called on it), I'm going the block route as well.
Old 02-19-19, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kmical View Post
I think the most important Amendment for them is the 2nd.

Others - like the 13th, 15th, 19th, 23rd and 24th - should be ignored if at all possible.
I've seen lots of attention given to the 3rd amendment lately. Lots of talk about boarders.
Old 02-19-19, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I don't know what McCabe's reason(s) would be for lying (if he did). But not knowing the reason doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. I could speculate about what his reasons might be, but they would only be wild guesses.
While I tend to believe him, on this issue, I’m still surprised he and others actually talked about removing Trump under the 25th amendment. They should have known that would have been realistically impossible. Pence would have had been on board. And just don’t see that happening.
Old 02-19-19, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

While I tend to believe him, on this issue, I’m still surprised he and others actually talked about removing Trump under the 25th amendment. They should have known that would have been realistically impossible. Pence would have had been on board. And just don’t see that happening.
I think it was completely inappropriate for the FBI to be talking about invoking the 25th Amendment. That should be something for the cabinet to bring up and discuss. If the FBI had hard evidence to prove that Trump was not capable of fulfilling his duties, then they bring that information forward.
Old 02-19-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it was completely inappropriate for the FBI to be talking about invoking the 25th Amendment. That should be something for the cabinet to bring up and discuss. If the FBI had hard evidence to prove that Trump was not capable of fulfilling his duties, then they bring that information forward.
How do they "bring that information forward" without first discussing the possible invoking of the 25th Amendment? Seems like you want them to be impartial and at the same time not fully consider the consequences of their actions.
Old 02-19-19, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Im a bit on the fence. Meaning, if they truly believed there was something to investigate (and I think there was ample reason) then it was their duty to investigate. And present that investigation results to appropriate parties. Then let them do it. i don’t think needed to automatically think about the 25th amendment. But I also don’t really see the harm.

My first thought is why limit oprions to just rhe 25th ammendment? Do your investigations and then involve others on how to proceed. What if they found substantial evidence of a criminal felony? Then it might go down the road of impeachment then jail.
Old 02-19-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonX View Post
How do they "bring that information forward" without first discussing the possible invoking of the 25th Amendment? Seems like you want them to be impartial and at the same time not fully consider the consequences of their actions.
If the FBI found something out about Trump that made him unable to fulfill his duties, then they bring it forward. They (the FBI) shouldn't be talking about invoking the 25th amendment since they are not the ones involved in making that decision. Maybe those with the authority proceed with the 25A or with impeachment. No way does the FBI have any say in those things.
Old 02-19-19, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the FBI found something out about Trump that made him unable to fulfill his duties, then they bring it forward. They (the FBI) shouldn't be talking about invoking the 25th amendment since they are not the ones involved in making that decision. Maybe those with the authority proceed with the 25A or with impeachment. No way does the FBI have any say in those things.
Any what does that have to do with discussing it? I assume you want them to consider all options. How is that not one of them? Big difference between plotting and discussing and I don't think anyone has claimed they were doing the former.
Old 02-19-19, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the reaction to the 25th Amendment conversation is being overblown to an extent. We do not know how long or seriously it was even proposed. I get that it is an extreme option but it's sort of like convening a meeting of military advisors and one of them mentions the fact we could nuke the other country. Extreme, yes. Discussed at length. Very highly unlikely. The difference is that military leaders are constantly engaging in conversations about threat levels and options in what-if scenarios so that when those conversations occur they can have a more reasoned discussion.

As McCabe mentioned multiple times, this was a sudden firing of the Director of the FBI and appeared (even by Trump's own admission on NBC News) to be in part because of the Russia investigation. I don't fault key leadership from the DOJ, even if seasoned, for mentioning every option known and available that exist for removing a President, whom is at that point suspected of possibly being under the influence of a foreign, adversarial government. The DOJ likely doesn't train for the possibility of having a reality gameshow host that lacks the skills, mental facility, and temperament become President via the aid of a foreign, adversarial government.

Rosenstein could have mentioned it and spent less than a minute outlining what it would entail. McCabe himself said he had nothing to contribute that part of the conversation. I'd bet Trump spent more time wondering why it's a social taboo to sleep with Ivanka than Rosenstein or anyone else spent seriously considering invoking the 25th Amendment. Reasoned discussion occurred and Mueller got appointed. That's what intelligent adults do.
Old 02-19-19, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trump administration to cancel $929 million in California high-speed rail funding

The transportation department also said it was “actively exploring every legal option” to get back another $2.5 billion grant that is being used to finance the construction of 119 miles of rail line in the Central Valley.

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday vowed to block the move, arguing that is is political payback by the Trump administration.

“It’s no coincidence that the Administration’s threat comes 24 hours after California led 16 states in challenging the President’s farcical “national emergency,” Newsom said in a statement. “The President even tied the two issues together in a tweet this morning. This is clear political retribution by President Trump, and we won’t sit idly by. This is California’s money, and we are going to fight for it.”
Old 02-19-19, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I don't want to get too far off-topic, but I think most people want to believe the best about everyone. A few times I've thought "If I ever accidentally posted something so dishonest, I'd want someone to point it out to me". But after the lies and misrepresentations in the AOC thread (and subsequently abandoning the thread after being called on it), I'm going the block route as well.
I like to read about thoughts differing from mine. I’ve change my stance on a number of issues. And Trump supporter should be able to point to some good rather than only inflame. I haven’t conferred, but an article came up on my FB feed talking about how the Trump administration is trying to decriminalize homosexuality world wide. Evidently this comes after killing of a gay man in Iran. If true, the would seem worthy of praise. On this item.

But it all I ever get from Trump supporter is “but her emails”.
Old 02-19-19, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^That would be surprising, and laudable.
Old 02-19-19, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
^That would be surprising, and laudable.
Absolutely. It’s beenposted in the LBGTQ thread. Looks almost like an NBC exclusive or something. Only seen there and VOX and a local affiliate (basically quoting the the NBC story).

Opps...looks like Fox has picked up,

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-homosexuality
Old 02-19-19, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Why do Democrats continually surround themselves with racists, bigots, sexual assaultists (I use only one state of Virginia for all those examples), and just plain liars of being assaulted by Trump supporters.

You sure as FUCK, don't have much of an answer for them apples do yah.

Buddy.

But yeah, that Trump. He so bad. He so Russian. He so racist. He so liar.

So let me ask you. Why do YOU hand around a party that has all this shit and defend it. Maybe you like what they are? Maybe you just pretend to not be something or another? Because we've sure seen a lot of racists, liars, and sexual deviants coming from the Democrats lately. And being this is a mostly Left-hangin' media world, that's saying somethin'.
I've never expressed an opinion about the situation in Virginia. Unless you're hallucinating, I don't know why you think I have. But now that you've asked, I'm happy to answer: I think the Governor and the Lt Governor should resign.

Now you answer my question: If trump's no criminal, why is he always surrounded by criminals?

I await your cowardly nonresponse. Or cowardly deflection. Or cowardly whataboutism.
Old 02-20-19, 01:07 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
I've never expressed an opinion about the situation in Virginia. Unless you're hallucinating, I don't know why you think I have. But now that you've asked, I'm happy to answer: I think the Governor and the Lt Governor should resign.

Now you answer my question: If trump's no criminal, why is he always surrounded by criminals?

I await your cowardly nonresponse. Or cowardly deflection. Or cowardly whataboutism.
If we’re forcing DVDP to answer questions, a nebulous “guilty by association” question doesn’t seem like the best use of our collective efforts.
Old 02-20-19, 01:55 AM

He seems to believe in guilty by association.
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-p...ntroversy.html
It's not too much of a stretch to know this woman hangs out with controversial organizations that are linked to funding terrorist groups. She may not be a terrorist...but associating with people who represent those organizations, along with her statements..
And I would kind of like to hear from a trump supporter. What do they think about trump having so many, many business partners and employees who turn out to be criminals?
Old 02-20-19, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-20-19, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
I've never expressed an opinion about the situation in Virginia.
Yeah, that's my point. Conveniently overlooking evidence the Dem party has racists and sexual deviants in office, and have all this time on their hands pointing fingers.

Clean your own house first, then move on so as to not appear as conspicuous hypocrites and your message lost within a Chris Cuomo and/or Maddow rant..
Old 02-20-19, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Props to the Trump administration for working to end criminalization of homosexuality, assuming the plan won't just be the shaming and demonization of African and Muslim countries.
Old 02-20-19, 09:04 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
Props to the Trump administration for working to end criminalization of homosexuality, assuming the plan won't just be the shaming and demonization of African and Muslim countries.
Well-said. I'm cautiously optimistic about this effort, but it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical that it may be about the latter part.
Old 02-20-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 02-20-19, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Says the motherfucker who settled for 55 miles of "barrier" after promising a solid concrete wall all along the southern border that would be paid for by Mexico.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.