Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-07-19, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post

Barriers? A wall is a barrier. A barrier can be a wall. A piece of dog shit, can be a barrier. Once again, we're getting into semantics and just a childish game of not wanting to give something to the other side, just due to resentment and post-election butthurt.
You keep saying that like it's a thing, but trust me when I tell you it is not.
Old 02-07-19, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Really? How about the fucking buffoon you voted for and continue to support? He's repeatedly said it's all about the wall. Nobody knows technology better than him or understands terrorism better. He has REPEATEDLY stated it is ALL about the WALL.

I'm totally fine with you calling him a moron for it, though.
Exactly. I've lost track of the number of times he's said that NONE of the other border security will work without a wall. NONE OF IT.
Old 02-07-19, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
A border does not NEED to be a war zone in order to have walls. Where is this idea coming from? This Juliette is creating ideas out of nowhere:

Barriers? A wall is a barrier. A barrier can be a wall. A piece of dog shit, can be a barrier. Once again, we're getting into semantics and just a childish game of not wanting to give something to the other side, just due to resentment and post-election butthurt.

And something Juliette must be oblivious to, which to me redacts her entire resume of "experience" on the matter. She says a wall restricts POE? Has she even been to the border? POE has nothing to do with walls blocking transportation. Two completely different areas. POE just needs more personnel to check vehicles and packages, because it's overwhelming there. Any border agent would probably tell you this. They need more people. Walls...are just part of the upgrades that need to be done at the border. Whoever says it's only about walls is a moron. I never thought it was, and I don't know anyone who knows that or has said as much. Funding for a wall, is to me, going to fixing barriers, fixing anything that needs fixing, more materials, and yes even making walls where none were there before.
Do you include Trump as moron? He says “nothing” works without a wall. He has repeatedly rejected additional monies for security at POE and used drug busts to demonstrate the need for a wall, knowing good well the drug bust came at a point of entry.

i love your logic. “People are only against the idea because of Trump”. Yet you reject out of hand a documented, factual security expert only because they disagree with Trump. Your doing EXACTLY what you claim others are doing.

And its not word games. It freaking billions of dollars. Everyone gets know know exactly, penny for penny where that is going.

Your trying to say this a political issue. It’s is. By Trump. He knows no matter what no significant additional wall will be build while he is POTUS (even if he gets the money). He just wants a win and doesn’t care after that.

BTW had you bothere to read the links she posted, she smartly included a GOP member from TEXAS who opposes the wall.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/27/polit...ica/index.html

Last edited by Sdallnct; 02-07-19 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-07-19, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
The idea is coming from the man she's responding to, Dan Crenshaw. He is the one that is, like *президент (that's Russian for President), is insinuating a wall is necessary because the border area is like a war-zone.

Did you even read through her responses? Can you really take issue with her actual points that a wall is a stupid idea of and by itself (more on that later)? Do you really think it is the wisest use of funds?

Really? How about the fucking buffoon you voted for and continue to support? He's repeatedly said it's all about the wall. Nobody knows technology better than him or understands terrorism better. He has REPEATEDLY stated it is ALL about the WALL.

I'm totally fine with you calling him a moron for it, though.
Straight from the President's Twitter account:

“A big new Caravan is heading up to our Southern Border from Honduras. Tell Nancy and Chuck that a drone flying around will not stop them. Only a Wall will work. Only a Wall, or Steel Barrier, will keep our Country safe! Stop playing political games and end the Shutdown!” Trump tweeted early Tuesday.
Old 02-07-19, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Trump: "Only a Wall will work. Only a Wall, or Steel Barrier, will keep our Country safe! "

DVD Polizei: Only a moron would not understand he means more security in general and personnel and fixing our infrastructure

Most Democrats views: Yes Border security is important and we need to fix all our current infrastructure

DVD Polizei: They are playing political and are butt hurt
Old 02-07-19, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

*Anxiously awaits DVDPs counter to that* (Or is this when he usually bails from the forum for a few days?)
Old 02-07-19, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post
Trump: "Only a Wall will work. Only a Wall, or Steel Barrier, will keep our Country safe! "

DVD Polizei: Only a moron would not understand he means more security in general and personnel and fixing our infrastructure

Most Democrats views: Yes Border security is important and we need to fix all our current infrastructure

That sums it up.

Funny how for a guy who "tells it like it is" we need a Trump whisperer to explain what Trump really means.
Old 02-07-19, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
*Anxiously awaits DVDPs counter to that* (Or is this when he usually bails from the forum for a few days?)
Either bails for a bit or more likely completely ignores that post ever happened.

Old 02-07-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aren't y'all tired of playing whack-a-troll?
Old 02-07-19, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
Aren't y'all tired of playing whack-a-troll?
What else are we going to do? Work?
Old 02-07-19, 02:18 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Funny how for a guy who "tells it like it is" we need a Trump whisperer to explain what Trump really means.
That sounds like a lucrative career, but understand there is a lot of competition: Sarah Sanders, Kellyanne Conway, and Trump himself (the Trump from the future who tells you what he really meant last month).
Old 02-07-19, 02:21 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
You are the reason why we need more Mexican immigrants.
Old 02-07-19, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Freudian slip

Old 02-07-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

only the best words
Old 02-07-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He he Trump is going to blow a gasket this week. Anyone still talking about the SOTU?
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff has hired officials with experience at the National Security Council to help with its oversight of President Donald Trump's administration, according to a committee aide.

Trump fumed on Twitter Thursday about the recently launched investigations led by the Democratic intelligence chair and suggested he was raiding the White House staff.

"I hear other committee heads will do the same thing. Even stealing people who work at White House! A continuation of Witch Hunt!" Trump wrote.
Old 02-07-19, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
He he Trump is going to blow a gasket this week. Anyone still talking about the SOTU?
Schiff with an amazing response...

Old 02-07-19, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Schiff looks like such a wimp but he must have brass balls.
Old 02-07-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He just hired the author of the Nunes memo. lmao No chill at all
Old 02-07-19, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
That sums it up.

To our current “Trump Whisperer”;

If when Trump says we need a wall. Only a wall will work, and you say “thats not what he meant, this is what he meant....” What exactly did he mean when he said “Mexico will pay for the wall”? What did he mean when he own web site stated Mexico would “write us a check”?

if Mexico is paying for the wall “one way or another” why does he need congress to approve money? Why shut down the government?
Old 02-07-19, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-07-19, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 02-07-19, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like Jimmy Kimmel or to do a man on the street interview of Trumpers where he asks what Trump meant when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

Bet he'd get some really creative answers.

Last edited by cungar; 02-07-19 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-07-19, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post

Goddamnit I love this fucking place so fucking much ...

By the way, joeblow69, Kansas City got hit with a massive ice storm today so I stayed home. *Mrs. Howell on "Gilligan's Island" voice* ... "Work?"
Old 02-07-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post

Goddamnit I love this fucking place so fucking much ...

By the way, joeblow69, Kansas City got hit with a massive ice storm today so I stayed home. *Mrs. Howell on "Gilligan's Island" voice* ... "Work?"
If we may take the Gilligan reference back a bit more - with Bob Denver (Gilliagan) as Maynard G. Krebs on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis ; WoRk??!!
Old 02-07-19, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Yeah, I'm bored at work, so why not?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.