Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The DOJ Inspector General Report has been released

Old 04-13-18, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The DOJ Inspector General Report has been released

Inspector General Michael Horowitz has reviewed the FBI and DOJ’s actions leading up to the 2016 election and has handed his report down to Congress.

link

McCabe appears to have lied to the FBI director, lied to FBI agents under oath, and lied twice to DOJ OIG investigators under oath.

This report shows that things may not be over for Andrew McCabe, lack of candor listed 27 times.
Old 04-13-18, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The DOJ Inspector General Report has been released

Trump lies every day and he is our leader. Yes, we need people with integrity in the highest positions of law enforcement but all this really is done for is to deter from getting to the bottom of all of it. Put Trump under oath and I bet he lies more than tell the truth. If McCabe is found guilty of criminal activity then hold him accountable. Do the same for the rest of them.
Old 04-13-18, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A "what-a-bout" the first line - right off the bat!

Sorry, I do note you're a football fan.
Old 04-13-18, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post

Sorry, I do note you're a football fan.
It isn't "what-a-bout"ism to say everything should be held accountable for the same things.
Old 04-13-18, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In before most people claim the IG Report doesn't matter about McCabe.

But does matter about everything related to Trump.
Old 04-13-18, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Trump lies every day and he is our leader. Yes, we need people with integrity in the highest positions of law enforcement but all this really is done for is to deter from getting to the bottom of all of it. Put Trump under oath and I bet he lies more than tell the truth. If McCabe is found guilty of criminal activity then hold him accountable. Do the same for the rest of them.
I agree. Put Trump under oath. But for what?

Russia? Or screwing a dumb blonde.

That is pretty much what Mueller wants (the latter---because has nothing else but a simple lie about an alleged encounter), but unfortunately, how he's getting there...is putting lawyer-client privilege in legal controversy which could completely make sure Trump does NOT speak one word under oath in private or public.

What Mueller is doing now, is potentially making sure he will never get Trump on the record, and might be even inviting termination from his position.

And speaking of being put under oath, isn't it interesting Comey made sure Hillary Clinton wasn't asked the most pertinent questions that she would be more likely to be found out if she was lying. The quick and short that happened over the weekend, and Comey making sure he wasn't within miles of that interview...is rather telling. Why wouldn't the FBI Director, in charge of an extremely important investigation, want to be right there alongside Hillary, making sure the correct and objective questions were being asked?

I guess we'll know in his book...
Old 04-13-18, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I agree. Put Trump under oath. But for what?

Russia? Or screwing a dumb blonde.

That is pretty much what Mueller wants (the latter---because has nothing else but a simple lie about an alleged encounter), but unfortunately, how he's getting there...is putting lawyer-client privilege in legal controversy which could completely make sure Trump does NOT speak one word under oath in private or public.

What Mueller is doing now, is potentially making sure he will never get Trump on the record, and might be even inviting termination from his position.

And speaking of being put under oath, isn't it interesting Comey made sure Hillary Clinton wasn't asked the most pertinent questions that she would be more likely to be found out if she was lying. The quick and short that happened over the weekend, and Comey making sure he wasn't within miles of that interview...is rather telling. Why wouldn't the FBI Director, in charge of an extremely important investigation, want to be right there alongside Hillary, making sure the correct and objective questions were being asked?

I guess we'll know in his book...
Please do not buy the BS the GOP is selling you about attorney client privilege being dead as you know that is a bunch of baloney.

Also, yeah Mueller is definitely ready to be fired and is probably a bit surprised he still has a job with this administration.

Anyone with eyes and 2 IQ points to rub together can see that his going hard after President Trump's attorney was him setting things up so the investigation would continue even if President Trump sacks him, Rosenstein, and Sessions.

President Trump could declare tonight that Devin Nunes and Sean Hannity are now the special prosecutors on the investigation, which would normally shut things down, but Mueller stood in the line for brains not trains so he set things up to continue relatively unimpeded even if those two buffoons decided to wind things up and declare that President Trump is so clean he should be on the Pope's short list of folks who should be declared a saint.
Old 04-13-18, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is Trump going to pardon McCabe?
Old 04-13-18, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Trump is responsible for the firing, and he’s just pardoned someone convicted of lying and leaking. It’s relevant.
Old 04-13-18, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
Trump is responsible for the firing.
Are you are refereing to Andrew McCabe?

If so, citation please.

...and he’s just pardoned someone convicted of lying and leaking. It’s relevant.
Citation request #2, Scooter Libby was not convicted of leaking.

Last edited by mspmms; 04-13-18 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-13-18, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Inspector General Michael Horowitz has reviewed the FBI and DOJ’s actions leading up to the 2016 election and has handed his report down to Congress.

link

McCabe appears to have lied to the FBI director, lied to FBI agents under oath, and lied twice to DOJ OIG investigators under oath.
Good. Fuck that guy. Glad he was fired. Will the Democrats be wise enough to not try and defend him and just move on?
Old 04-13-18, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Citation please, Scooter Libby was not convicted of leaking.
Well, to be fair:

According to the Indictment, the obstruction of justice count alleges that while testifying under oath before the grand jury on March 5, and March 24, 2004, Libby knowingly and corruptly endeavored to influence, obstruct and impede the grand jury’s investigation by misleading and deceiving the grand jury as to when, and the manner and means by which, he acquired, and subsequently disclosed to the media, information concerning the employment of Valerie Wilson by the CIA.
Technically, you are correct, but not exactly a noteworthy distinction, is it?
Old 04-13-18, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Are you are refereing to Andrew McCabe?

If so, citation please.
Donald Trump’s corrupt firing of Andrew McCabe

Citation please, Scooter Libby was not convicted of leaking.
Scooter Libby: Trump pardons Cheney aide who leaked

Part and parcel with his conviction.
Old 04-13-18, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
I am but distinctions are constantly brought up in these threads and in my experience especially (if I remember correctly with a few threads and a cartoon) with this member.

Lets see what happens.
Old 04-13-18, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will the Democrats be wise enough to not try and defend him and just move on?
There is his "grassroots" GoFundMe page which has amassed $568,496.
McCabe’s GoFundMe campaign itself seems to have been bolstered by his resources and connections. A spokeswoman named Melissa Schwartz has been promoting the campaign on McCabe’s behalf and issued the Monday statement that it would be shutting down. Schwartz is a “strategic and crisis communications consultant” who works at a K Street firm called The Bromwich Group. The “founder and managing principal” of The Bromwich Group is Michael Bromwich, who, in his capacity as a lawyer employed by the firm of Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber LLP, is McCabe’s lead attorney. In other words, the PR and lobbying firm* Andrew McCabe’s lawyer founded is helping promote the small-donor fundraising effort to pay Andrew McCabe’s lawyer. (The GoFundMe page says that “any funds that remain in the Legal Defense Fund” at the conclusion of any proceedings related to his firing “will be donated to charitable organizations of the McCabes’ choosing.”)
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...reet-firm.html
As for the “Friends of Andrew McCabe?” That’s still not entirely clear. Schwartz said the GoFundMe campaign was started after GoFundMe contacted McCabe’s team about various “fraudulent accounts” started in his name. Schwartz then elaborated:
In the days following Mr. McCabe’s firing, he received scores of communications asking for a place to donate to his legal defense and/or pension…His team worked with GoFundMe to facilitate the receipt of donations from the flood of people who wanted to help him. Friends of Andrew McCabe is the group of family, friends and colleagues who wanted to aid in that effort.
This is an interesting statement because the official GoFundMe campaign explicitly says it’s not related to McCabe’s pension trouble. Schwartz also stated that McCabe’s legal and PR team have been representing him “pro bono” and that “They have not received a dollar to date for their efforts.”

Law&Crime followed up for a more precise idea of who “Friends of Andrew McCabe” might be and why pro bono legal efforts necessitated such a hefty fundraiser. Schwartz refused further comment on who exactly makes up the aforementioned group and clarified that such “activity has been pro bono to date.” Schwartz then referred back to the fundraiser and cited the need for further representation.

When asked to whom exactly the raised funds would go–if not Bromwich–Schwartz declined to answer.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...g-and-pr-firm/
Old 04-13-18, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It isn’t, no.
Old 04-13-18, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I am but distinctions are constantly brought up in these threads and in my experience especially (if I remember correctly with a few threads and a cartoon) with this member.
Fair enough. I shall refrain from any further comments on the topic.
Old 04-13-18, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ah, I remember that. You asked whether someone would prefer to drive a sports car or drive an old, broken-down truck being argued over by two guys trying to fix it, with the car labeled “economy” and the truck labeled “policy” or “politics”.

This one!

Didn’t you just start saying “Vroom vroom” or something over and over?

The two are still radically different, and that car seems to have been having some reliability issues as of late.
Old 04-13-18, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would have given you a few points with the BBC title / link but you blew it when you used Vox.

Old 04-13-18, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

McCabe = liar
Trump = liar

They should both be on the same boat to the middle of nowhere.
Old 04-13-18, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I would have given you a few points with the BBC title / link but you blew it when you used Vox.

You asked for sources. I provided. The Vox article lays it out pretty well.

Here’s another graphic (since those apparently matter), which places the source of that image, RedState.com, in some pretty unfortunate territory.

How many links would you like reporting on Trump’s pressuring to fire McCabe?
Old 04-13-18, 06:58 PM

To me, it sounds like McCabe both lied (e.g. about authorization of the release of info to the WSJ) and misremembered things (e.g. about details of conversations). To state the obvious, he should have told the truth. I would still be interested to hear his side of the story.

Where's the rest of the report? And why is such disproportionate attention being given to McCabe? Do you know what's a much bigger deal? Comey's letter and the numerous leaks apparently coming out of the New York FBI field office. These things happened shortly before the election and almost certainly affected the outcome.

The right-wing media has latched onto the McCabe story because Trump is trying to discredit Comey and everyone who Comey informed about Trump's behavior. It's not going to work. Comey had no reason to fabricate notes in early 2017, and numerous people in the DOJ and FBI took contemporaneous notes. McCabe is just one of them.
Old 04-13-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Where's the rest of the report? And why is such disproportionate attention being given to McCabe?

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo...Cabe%20ROI.pdf

Are investigations not supposed to conclude properly? Patience.
Old 04-13-18, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You asked for sources. I provided. The Vox article lays it out pretty well.
Your referring to your source from Vox dated March 17, 2018? here => Donald Trump’s corrupt firing of Andrew McCabe

How many links would you like reporting on Trump’s pressuring to fire McCabe?
That's OK, I'll do it for you, 7 days later and also from Vox dated March 24, 2018:

Andrew McCabe is taking on Trump. But we still don’t have the full story of his firing.

But we’re still missing a very important part of this story: What, exactly, did McCabe say to the Justice Department’s inspector general that got him in so much trouble?

The Department of Justice says McCabe was fired at the recommendation of the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility based on findings by DOJ’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz — an Obama appointee who serves as an internal watchdog within the agency. Horowitz has been investigating leaks from the Justice Department and FBI during the 2016 campaign. His investigation started shortly before Trump’s inauguration.

And while Horowitz’s final report has not yet been released, Sessions’s office says the FBI office recommended McCabe’s firing because Horowitz found that McCabe “made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”
A reminder of what you said:

Trump is responsible for the firing, and he’s just pardoned someone convicted of lying and leaking. It’s relevant.
Old 04-13-18, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Are investigations not supposed to conclude properly? Patience.
Thank you for the information. Everything should have been released simultaneously in May.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.