Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Old 08-07-15, 06:52 PM
  #3026  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,420
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I agree with JimRochester.




Crap, I just proved his point.
Old 08-10-15, 03:08 PM
  #3027  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 58,133
Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
You are associating this with race but I think you are wrong. First of all, people will defend people they work with assuming they like them. Maybe if they hate them they will throw them under the bus, but every profession, every workplace has it. It's an us vs. them mentality, even if its just us vs. the boss. Your boss asks you how you and Joe spent $250 taking clients to dinner, and you know Joe spent $250 on a hooker in his room. If you and Joe are buddies you'll protect him even though everything he did was illegal.

If you were the chief, you've seen what happens in these other cities; the DOJ comes in and makes life miserable for you, oversight, firings, retirements, etc. Self preservation kicks in and you'll make claims no matter how improbable making them prove otherwise. Dude, if you're white or black that's what you're doing. Was the Patriots equipment guy really called the deflator because he was trying to lose weight? No way. But people who work together stick up for each other.
Again, I agree. He is covering for himself, the Dept., and whatever.

However, I'm just taking it deeper and saying, from experience in this area....he is also thinking like a slave and covering for this Racist White man. The case has a CLEAR racist angle. Yet he makes excuses for this man. In know you guys can't see that. It's ok.... You, CM and DVD Polizei have probably never had or or even heard of a "Slave Mentality". But believe me it's exists in large numbers in the Black Community.
Old 08-10-15, 03:31 PM
  #3028  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
It's ok.... You, CM and DVD Polizei have probably never had or or even heard of a "Slave Mentality". But believe me it's exists in large numbers in the Black Community.
I'll make it a point to look it up in the DSM, as it sounds like quite the affliction. Hell, the diagnosis floated from one person (Bias) to another (the Chief) with no change other than a re-reading. It seems like all that it takes to come down with this affliction (and also to identify somebody as a sufferer) is a single statement, regardless of any other factors.
Old 08-10-15, 03:55 PM
  #3029  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 58,133
Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
I'll make it a point to look it up in the DSM, as it sounds like quite the affliction. Hell, the diagnosis floated from one person (Bias) to another (the Chief) with no change other than a re-reading. It seems like all that it takes to come down with this affliction (and also to identify somebody as a sufferer) is a single statement, regardless of any other factors.
Hey, at least I re-read it and admitted i was wrong about who said it. Plus it gives you something to post about every other post. Can't blame you I'd do the same.

But the Chief is still a Slave Minded Negro who defends racist cops who threaten Black men with death and cover ups.

But hey! I'm sure you're use to this. Shit, It's just another days in a Cop's life..... Making threats against Blacks and covering them up(Racist Bad Cop Middlebrook) and making excuses for Bad Cops, not punishing them, and upholding White Supremacy as the Muscle/Lap Dogs for this system(The Black Chief).
Old 08-10-15, 04:50 PM
  #3030  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Hey, at least I re-read it and admitted i was wrong about who said it. Plus it gives you something to post about every other post. Can't blame you I'd do the same.

But the Chief is still a Slave Minded Negro who defends racist cops who threaten Black men with death and cover ups.

But hey! I'm sure you're use to this. Shit, It's just another days in a Cop's life..... Making threats against Blacks and covering them up(Racist Bad Cop Middlebrook) and making excuses for Bad Cops, not punishing them, and upholding White Supremacy as the Muscle/Lap Dogs for this system(The Black Chief).
No, I'm just genuinely interested in this "slave minded negro" diagnosis. It seems enormously flexible, when it can be so readily applied to such different individuals merely for uttering the same statement.

I mean, it seems just like a code phrase for "Uncle Tom" or "race traitor," but it has to be more enlightened than that. Because that seems kind of bigoted to automatically assume that somebody who makes a statement defending a member of another race against the speaker's own, regardless of merits or reasons... even when you've acknowledged there are likely non-racial reasons for having done so, like simple self-preservation... is really doing it because that person has the mind of a slave.
Old 08-10-15, 06:42 PM
  #3031  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 58,133
Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel View Post
No, I'm just genuinely interested in this "slave minded negro" diagnosis. It seems enormously flexible, when it can be so readily applied to such different individuals merely for uttering the same statement.

I mean, it seems just like a code phrase for "Uncle Tom" or "race traitor," but it has to be more enlightened than that. Because that seems kind of bigoted to automatically assume that somebody who makes a statement defending a member of another race against the speaker's own, regardless of merits or reasons... even when you've acknowledged there are likely non-racial reasons for having done so, like simple self-preservation... is really doing it because that person has the mind of a slave.
This Black Chief may or may not have a "slave mentality" in ALL aspects of his life...HOWEVER....he certainly the fuck does in THIS case...as he downplays murderous threats and a cover up towards a fellow Black Man made by a Bad Racist White Cop. A cops who i now wonder if he has actually done these things and needs to be further investigated.

This Chief sounds like a "House Negro". "Iz we sick boss?" Cares more for the Master(White people) than his own people.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/znQe9nUKzvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-10-15, 07:21 PM
  #3032  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,189
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...-man/31316345/

A little bad cop action, but they fired his ass. Video at the link of a news story

ATHENS, Ga. (WXIA-TV) -- A now-former Athens-Clarke County police officer, Jonathan Fraser, is facing aggravated assault charges because, his superiors said, in June -- while he was employed by the department -- he used excessive force against an unarmed and intoxicated young man who was resisting arrest.

11Alive News obtained the Fraser's body-camera video, which figured into the investigation of the incident.

11Alive News also obtained a file of roughly 100 pages detailing Fraser's 18-year record with the department, including previous incidents involving him which the department investigated.

Fraser was fired in July. His most recent incident occurred in June.

Late on that June night, Fraser responded to a call about, according to police reports, an intoxicated man, Michael Roquet, 19.

Fraser tried to arrest Roquet, but, according to police documents, Roquet “refuses to comply with his orders."

Fraser's description of what happened that night, which he wrote in the incident report, portrays Roquet as the aggressor. In Fraser's words, Roquet "struck me with his left elbow in my chest," and later "he hit me again with his elbow.... so I struck him [with a baton] in the leg and upper body" and then handcuffed him.

That’s how it looks on paper. But Fraser's own body-cam video added much more detail.

Even though his body cam is sometimes pointed away from the action, investigators concluded that Fraser used his baton to strike Roquet nine times, including striking Roquet once in the head and then striking Roquet twice after Roquet fell to the ground.

“He [Roquet] is not resisting at that point, he is on the ground," said Police Chief Scott Freeman on Friday, as he watched the video of Fraser delivering the final, two blows to Roquet.


Chief Freeman was not the chief at the time of the incident. He became the chief just after Fraser was fired, a month ago. Freeman said Friday that Fraser's actions do not represent the standards and professionalism of the department and the other officers.

As Freeman replayed the video of Fraser striking Roquet repeatedly, Freeman was emphatic: “That is unauthorized use of force, absolutely. And that is something that is completely intolerable, and something we’re not going to put up with, and we dealt with it appropriately.”

In the department’s official report about the incident, investigators found that Officer Fraser never told anyone that he used his baton to strike Roquet in the head. Using a baton to strike someone in the head is considered deadly force, and the department concluded that, in this case, it constituted excessive force.

Further, Fraser “denied striking Roquet in the head with the baton," attempting to “mislead investigators” about what really happened.

According to the department's findings, Fraser also violated policy by not notifying medical personnel that Roquet might have a head injury as a result of the baton strike to the head.

Athens Attorney Harry Gordon represents Michael Roquet.

"He overreacted, the police officer,” Gordon said Friday . “There’s no question about it.”

Harry Gordon's career has involved both sides of criminal cases, as a prosecutor -- he served as the county’s district attorney -- and as a defense attorney.

Gordon praised police officers and the life-and-death service they perform every day to keep citizens safe. Gordon said police body cams are useful -- for the police, and for the public. “There’s just not much anything as far as evidence is concerned that’s better than having a video of it.”

In police documents, Fraser, 46 -- when questioned about his final, two baton strikes while Roquet was on the ground -- said he felt that he was “tunnel visioned” and that he “knows he is out of shape," especially when up against a drunk, but otherwise strong, 19 year old man crouched near to the ground.

Fraser said, "I didn't know if he [Roquet] was going to spring up from that position and continue resisting. I struck him again on his back."

Investigators wrote in their report to Fraser, "You violated... policy.... You used hard control strikes from an impact weapon... on an individual who was actively resistant, but was not assaultive.... a strike to the head from a baton is considered use of deadly force.... You used more force than necessary."

Chief Freeman said he has no doubt, after reviewing the case, that Fraser had several opportunities to de-escalate his encounter with the drunk 19 year old, but instead he escalated it needlessly.

“This is extremely disappointing for me to see as the new chief,” Freeman said during an interview with 11Alive News on Friday.

Freeman said that after he became chief, he learned that Fraser had served 18 years in the department and had received numerous reprimands – including two for use of force.

And in 2013, officials found Fraser had “affixed a yellow smiley face sticker … to his issued duty weapon,” according to Fraser's file.

Chief Freeman said it's important for the public to see the way his department has sought to hold Fraser accountable.

“Because [what he did] does damage to the reputation of law officers, not only in this community, but across the nation,” Chief Freeman said. “And we see it time and time again.”

Chief Freeman said the whole reason he is disclosing all of this information about Fraser is to be transparent. He said he doesn’t want one officer’s actions to hurt the department, and he said it's important to speak out against what Fraser did.
Feels good to get a bad one out of the fraternity.
Old 08-10-15, 09:40 PM
  #3033  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,420
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Again, I agree. He is covering for himself, the Dept., and whatever.

However, I'm just taking it deeper and saying, from experience in this area....he is also thinking like a slave and covering for this Racist White man. The case has a CLEAR racist angle. Yet he makes excuses for this man. In know you guys can't see that. It's ok.... You, CM and DVD Polizei have probably never had or or even heard of a "Slave Mentality". But believe me it's exists in large numbers in the Black Community.
I think it's more comradery than anything.

Protecting your income trumps any race issue.

Most Blacks today don't know what Slave Mentality really is. And I say this on behalf of those who actually WERE slaves but are not alive to talk about it. Let's do them more justice by not assigning such a term to contemporary Blacks--who own their home, own their own car, and who can vote as well.

It's these terms which are offensive to not only Black history, but non-Blacks as well.

If anything we have a Free Lunch Mentality, brought to you by your federal government. And certain Black leaders as well as all colors of politicians who thrive and survive off these types of terms.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 08-10-15 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 05:12 AM
  #3034  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

So your determined to make this thread happen?
Old 08-11-15, 07:35 AM
  #3035  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 5,002
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by masrawy2 View Post
So your determined to make this thread happen?
Merry Christmas anyway!
Old 08-11-15, 10:55 AM
  #3036  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Minor Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 13,748
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KQSm8XKbGkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-11-15, 11:01 AM
  #3037  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 22,090
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Yeah that wasn't the motorcyclists fault at all. Wedging yourself between a car and the curb is a very safe move. Not to mention the cop car had it's emergency lights on. Motorcyclist shouldn't have been less than 25 feet away.
Old 08-11-15, 11:05 AM
  #3038  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,420
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Your determined.
Old 08-11-15, 11:14 AM
  #3039  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Minor Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 13,748
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah that wasn't the motorcyclists fault at all. Wedging yourself between a car and the curb is a very safe move. Not to mention the cop car had it's emergency lights on. Motorcyclist shouldn't have been less than 25 feet away.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F5WdwNqoB3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-11-15, 11:15 AM
  #3040  
DVD Talk Legend
 
wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 21,096
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Longer video.

http://fox6now.com/2015/08/08/develo...-and-mckinley/
Old 08-11-15, 11:20 AM
  #3041  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 22,090
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by Minor Threat View Post
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F5WdwNqoB3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah? Looks like a bunch of AHOLES breaking the law by marauding around a cop with his emergency lights on.
Old 08-11-15, 11:36 AM
  #3042  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,523
Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

i don't see how the officer could at all be at fault there. lights on, swerving across all lanes to signal he doesn't want you to pass him. then some jackfuck on a bike comes zooming up along side of him. fuck that motorcyclist. they got exactly what they deserved.
Old 08-11-15, 11:46 AM
  #3043  
RIP
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,743
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

What a bunch of miserable fucks.
Old 08-11-15, 11:51 AM
  #3044  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 41,147
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Yeah, cyclists totally at fault here. I don't even try to pass someone on the right in the best of conditions - passing a cop on the right while his sirens are on? That's just a dick move all around!
Old 08-11-15, 11:51 AM
  #3045  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

That's comedy gold. My two least favorite things on the road...cops and jackass motorcyclists. His swerving seemed weird, but he had his lights on and there's no reasonable explanation for the guy trying to pass him. Then all the bikes stop and block the road after, get in the cop's face, and generally act like an angry mob. Fat dude is lucky that fat cop seemed to be in a sugar coma or something. I'd guess plenty of cops wouldn't have reacted the same way he did.

Article also says they had posted clips on Facebook earlier showing them doing wheelies and shit down the road, and had calls of reckless cyclists. Damn bikers get pretty brave when they're in a big group.
Old 08-11-15, 11:59 AM
  #3046  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 22,090
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah, cyclists totally at fault here. I don't even try to pass someone on the right in the best of conditions - passing a cop on the right while his sirens are on? That's just a dick move all around!
Didn't he try to pass the cop on the left? I'm not a biker but I can't imagine there's any way putting your bike between the curb and car in the left lane is legal and/or the right thing to do.
Old 08-11-15, 12:01 PM
  #3047  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Yeah somebody different tried passing on the right earlier in he video.
Old 08-11-15, 12:47 PM
  #3048  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 58,133
Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I think it's more comradery than anything.
Maybe. But "comradery" with a man who calls a fellow Black Man "n" and threatens to kill him and cover it up is SUSPECT, Unhealthy, and... Slave Mentality.

Protecting your income trumps any race issue.
Unfortunately, yes it does.

Most Blacks today don't know what Slave Mentality really is.
How in thee blue fuck would you know? You and others don't even understand the context by which I'm using it. I've described it multiple times on here. But as usual, people wanna argue with me about the phrase as if I don't even fuckin' know. I see SLAVE MENTALITY everyday in my people.

Slave Mentality is similar to Stockholm Syndrome in that the victims(Slaves and modern descendants of Slaves) start to "express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors(Slave Masters/ Whites who treat Blacks like shit and have a clear hatred for them), sometimes to the point of defending (Like The Black Chief defending this Racist FUCK Cop) and identifying with the captors".

And I say this on behalf of those who actually WERE slaves but are not alive to talk about it. Let's do them more justice by not assigning such a term to contemporary Blacks--who own their home, own their own car, and who can vote as well.

Who are you? Shit dude....I(a Black Man)don't/can't speak for all Blacks so how in the hell are YOU(whatever you are, but I doubt you're Black) gonna speak for them?

And again, you don't understand the phrase. Did you watch the video I posted? I doubt you did. Point is there are LOTS of Modern Day Blacks who own shit and have a Slave Mentality.


It's these terms which are offensive to not only Black history, but non-Blacks as well.
GOOOD!!!! It's supposed to offend!! It's a HORRIBLE thing to have a Slave Mentality.


If anything we have a Free Lunch Mentality, brought to you by your federal government. And certain Black leaders as well as all colors of politicians who thrive and survive off these types of terms.
Hahaah! You're playing the "Blacks Getting Hand outs" card.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-11-15 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 04:24 PM
  #3049  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,420
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I figured I'd get the "You're not Black! You don't know what it's like!" response but it needed to be said, because nobody, even you, are not taking the lives of those who actually lived in Slavery to heart. You're using your ancestors to prove a contemporary point, and that's just misguided.

So, why don't you back-off your statements about White folks and cops, as your lack of understanding would theoretically be equal to my misunderstanding of your people.

Because according to you, it's impossible to see logic beyond your own race.

You're not a cop, so how could you possibly know what they encounter on a day to day basis.

By the way, if you see yourself as a label, that's all you will be. You will continually hit your head against a wall, trying to figure out why the wall is not coming down.

The reason it's not coming down is because it's in your mind.

Moving forward, the reason why there will not be peace is because some people don't see peace to begin with. In their minds, it's always a conflict. And thus...it will always be.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 08-11-15 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 04:31 PM
  #3050  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 22,090
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.