Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Weiner Tweets His Junk

Old 07-24-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Do we know it was 14 months? I read somewhere that the time stamps on the tweets were blurred out in what was released. But Weiner admitted that at least some of these happened after he resigned. So it could be anywhere between fourteen months old to days old.

Regardless, you're right that this behavior is evidence of a serious problem.
Originally Posted by Artman View Post
Drudge is showing no mercy.... "Balls to the wall coverage"..."Erection Update: Weiner Stays In"

In all seriousness, I see this as a type of addiction. Hopefully he's taken the steps any other addict in recovery would take. If I were a voter and there was someone comparable on the issues I'd probably vote for them instead. A 2nd wave 14months after his first humiliation means there's a serious problem in personal judgement. But this isn't nearly as bad as Spitzer...
Oh come on, let's not pathologize male sexuality. The dude is horny. I don't really care what he does, although he's dumb for lying about it.
Old 07-24-13, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
Oh come on, let's not pathologize male sexuality. The dude is horny. I don't really care what he does, although he's dumb for lying about it.
The dude is so horny that he flushed his career down the toilet, then continued to engage in the behavior that got him unemployed. I like getting laid too, but like most people, I'm able to keep it in my pants when I need to. Mr. Weiner apparently can not.
Old 07-24-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The dude is so horny that he flushed his career down the toilet, then continued to engage in the behavior that got him unemployed. I like getting laid too, but like most people, I'm able to keep it in my pants when I need to. Mr. Weiner apparently can not.
Well, that's true. Weiner is a public official and he should be able to exercise some restraint. At the same time, nothing he's done has seemed egregious to me.

I certainly won't be voting for him, though.
Old 07-24-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 298 Likes on 211 Posts

This is not as bad as if he had cheated on his wife, but it's so weird and out of the ordinary, that it seems like it is worse than if he had cheated.
Old 07-24-13, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to know more about the timeline.

If he gets caught the first time, maybe he thinks "this has already cost me my political career, might as well keep going because it can't get any worse" and continues with this shortly after his resignation.

But if he kept going at this after he decided to run for mayor, it seems to me that this is the behavior of an addict. Should someone with such a well known addiction be a mayor of such an important city?
Old 07-24-13, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RoyalTea View Post
Should someone with such a well known addiction be a mayor of such an important city?
Old 07-24-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's a timeline that provides a little more detail and demonstrates to me that Weiner has a problem -- either sexual or hubris, I'm not sure which, but the man either can't control his urges or thinks he can get away with giving in to his urges. Either way, it doesn't bode well for his ability to govern effectively.

Old 07-24-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
An even more serious problem is an uniformed electorate.

Heard a caller to Washington Journal about 30 minutes ago lamenting that "the Republicans (!!!!) are so desperate that they'll run anyone" (not exact quote, but pretty close).

Fine to bash parties, but at least get the candidates' party affiliations right.
Maybe they were thinking of Chris Lee, a republican from New York who recently did something similar.

But I'm not above thinking callers to a talk show may just be stupid.
Old 07-24-13, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Even if you don't find anything morally wrong with his actions, at the very least, it shows that the guy can't be trusted. He initially lied about the photos and was obviously insincere in his apology to the American public since he keeps doing this shit. He doesn't deserve a second chance. If he truly wants to serve NYC, he should just go away quietly and do manual labor in community building organizations. The guy needs some humility before forgiveness.
Old 07-24-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A politician that can't be trusted? Why I never...
Old 07-24-13, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
This is not as bad as if he had cheated on his wife, but it's so weird and out of the ordinary, that it seems like it is worse than if he had cheated.
Uh... this is pretty normal behavior for a broad section of society nowadays.
Old 07-24-13, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Even if you don't find anything morally wrong with his actions, at the very least, it shows that the guy can't be trusted. He initially lied about the photos and was obviously insincere in his apology to the American public since he keeps doing this shit. He doesn't deserve a second chance. If he truly wants to serve NYC, he should just go away quietly and do manual labor in community building organizations. The guy needs some humility before forgiveness.
Since the American public is so nutty and hypocritical about this stuff, how can you blame the guy? If Weiner had initially come out two years ago and said "Yeah, I sexted, I didn't have my wife's permission and it hurt her deeply, but we're working on it, now get out of my personal business" do you think he'd still be in Congress? I don't.
Old 07-24-13, 02:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Since the American public is so nutty and hypocritical about this stuff, how can you blame the guy? If Weiner had initially come out two years ago and said "Yeah, I sexted, I didn't have my wife's permission and it hurt her deeply, but we're working on it, now get out of my personal business" do you think he'd still be in Congress? I don't.
Well the American public can be easily swayed by a silver tongue. Obama is the master of that. The public doesn't always forgive when it comes to sex scandals. John Edwards went away quietly and no one seems to miss that POS cheater.
Old 07-24-13, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have found my new user name - Maximiliano Hazard
Old 07-24-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Uh... this is pretty normal behavior for a broad section of society nowadays.
Yeah, but not for older politicians. If he had just cheated on his wife with some floozie (like Mark Sanford, or Bill Clinton, or Newt Gigngrich), then more people would understand.
Old 07-24-13, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah, but not for older politicians. If he had just cheated on his wife with some floozie (like Mark Sanford, or Bill Clinton, or Newt Gigngrich), then more people would understand.
He's 48, not 78.
Old 07-24-13, 03:43 PM

Here's a timeline that provides a little more detail and demonstrates to me that Weiner has a problem -- either sexual or hubris, I'm not sure which, but the man either can't control his urges or thinks he can get away with giving in to his urges. Either way, it doesn't bode well for his ability to govern effectively.
In this case, I think it is more likely both rather than either/or.

And anyone who has ever had a security clearance will understand why it is imperative that this man never be placed in a position with any true power. He has a problem that he wants to conceal, which makes him a prime target for blackmail.
Old 07-24-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,322 Likes on 954 Posts

I'm going to have to use the alias "Carlos Danger" somewhere.
Old 07-24-13, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I'm going to have to use the alias "Carlos Danger" somewhere.
Cool, I've got dibs on Charlie Peligro.
Old 07-24-13, 03:54 PM
Admin

Received 351 Likes on 226 Posts

This wiener might still win this thing. Hilarious.
Old 07-24-13, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
This wiener might still win this thing. Hilarious.
He's not going to win. His campaign is a joke.
Old 07-24-13, 04:48 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 165 Likes on 124 Posts

He's not going to win. His campaign is a joke.
Don't be so sure. There's a good chance he could stick it out.
Old 07-24-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Even funnier, yesterday was National Hot Dog Day.
Old 07-24-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Feliciano Clandestine
Old 07-24-13, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow and LOL
"The Weiner Rises Again!"

Is that a headline in a New York tabloid? No, it's the title of the latest airfare special from Spirit Airlines, the Florida-based airline with the catchy marketing ploys.

This time, Spirit Airlines is playing off the latest revelation that New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner continued to send lewd messages online even after he resigned from Congress in 2011. The Dirty, a gossip website, said Weiner used the pseudonym "Carlos Danger" to exchange lewd messages with a woman.

Spirit offers $24 off the flight to Mexico if travelers book a vacation package to Los Cabos or Cancun by Friday night. The ad includes an image of a mustachioed hot dog wearing a cape and holding a smartphone. Get it?

"We're spreading the word of vacation package savings," said Misty Pinson, a Spirit Airlines spokeswoman. "What's not to love about low fares and great deals?"

It's not the first time that Spirit has found inspiration from Weiner's travails. In 2011, the airline offered a "Weiner sale" with "fares too hard to resist." That promotion came out shortly before Weiner stepped down from Congress after admitting he sexted with women.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.