Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The New Terrorist Threat To America: Drunk British Teenagers Brandishing Insults

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The New Terrorist Threat To America: Drunk British Teenagers Brandishing Insults

Old 09-13-10, 03:42 PM
Needs to provide a working email address

So apparently now you can be banned from the US for calling the president a prick...seriously?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-new-...ts.html/print/

Posted By admin On September 13, 2010 @ 10:00 am In Featured Stories, News In Focus, Steve Watson Articles | 5 Comments

College student banned from US for life for name calling email to White House

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
Monday, Sept 13th, 2010

America faces a new threat possibly so severe that it has prompted President Obama and the FBI to take affirmative preventative action.

No, it does not come in the form of radical religious extremist terrorists or international criminal enterprises, but rather it consists of drunken seventeen year old boys sending naughty emails to the White House.

As reported by Sky News, British teenager Luke Angel has been banned from the US for life after he sent an email insulting the President by calling him a nasty name.

The young man had reportedly just finished watching a programme on TV about the 9/11 attacks and, after a couple of beers, felt the need to vent spleen by telling Obama that he thought the commander in chief was a ďp***kĒ.

Take 30 seconds to work out what that insult actually is.

Thatís correct itís a euphemism for male genitalia Ė and a mild one at that.

Nevertheless, the email was intercepted by the FBI no less, who proceeded to contact the London Metropolitan Police in the UK, who then sent officers to visit young Mr Angelís home in Bedford.

The police took a photograph of Angel, no doubt to be stored on a vital database of dangerous terrorists, but did not take any criminal action.

When asked about the ban, Luke said: ďI donít really care. My parents arenít very happy about it.Ē

ďI donít remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly ó the sort of thing you do when youíre a teenager and have had a few.Ē college student Angel added.

Here we have another example of a situation being hyped beyond all rational sense in an effort to convey the idea that if you dislike or speak out against authority you will be treated as a criminal.

Obama reportedly receives scores of death threats everyday, why in Godís name would the FBI be taking the time to follow up a mildly abusive email from a drunken teenager in England?

Wide open borders? violent international drug cartels? Known terrorists without passports being helped onto planes by the U.S. State Department? Clearly these issues pale in comparison to that of the insult brandishing email wielding teens sitting in their English suburban bedrooms.
----------

Seriously, why do you have to be banned from the US for life if you call Barrack Obama a prick?
Old 09-13-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The New Terrorist Threat To America: Drunk British Teenagers Brandishing Insults

If these reports are true I may actually end up agreeing a little with Guarddog.
Old 09-13-10, 03:56 PM
Admin-MemeCat

Re: The New Terrorist Threat To America: Drunk British Teenagers Brandishing Insults

It's in Sky News and The Sun. All the right wing news outlets are rolling with the story in the US.
Old 09-13-10, 04:00 PM

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._Barack_Obama_
A Bedfordshire Police spokesman said: "The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language.
Why should we let in a foreign national who has threatened the leader of our country? This is exactly what should be done in this case.
Old 09-13-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would like to point out that even though I agree they are silly to "ban him" (doesn't everyone remember how up in arms we were over Savage being banned from the UK) it's an insignificant story, I'm sure happens all the time, and doesn't deserve a thread.
Old 09-13-10, 04:01 PM

Assuming everything in the story is true, by the teen's own admission he doesn't remember what he wrote. It could have very well gone above and beyond calling the president a prick.
Old 09-13-10, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
I would like to point out that even though I agree they are silly to "ban him" (doesn't everyone remember how up in arms we were over Savage being banned from the UK) it's an insignificant story, I'm sure happens all the time, and doesn't deserve a thread.
If I sent an email to 10 Downing Street threatening to punch David Cameron, I would expect to never be allowed to set foot in Britain again.

But you're right, this is a pointless thread (practically the only kind we get anymore.)
Old 09-13-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
If I sent an email to 10 Downing Street threatening to punch David Cameron, I would expect to never be allowed to set foot in Britain again.

But you're right, this is a pointless thread (practically the only kind we get anymore.)
Perhaps this thread will be a little more fun for you.
Old 09-13-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Take 30 seconds to work out what that insult actually is.
Who was this article written for?
Old 09-13-10, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Who was this article written for?
Muslims and Jews. Calling the President of the United States a pork is just reprehensible.
Old 09-13-10, 05:15 PM

<i>Mod note: You already have several threads on the first page (generally we only allow 3-4 per user)... this is not your personal blog site.</i>